Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miggy to DL for first time in career

Where's Rebbiv with the advanced statistics on Krauss? Give us some reason why this might make sense... does he crush one half of the splits where a platoon might actually work? Is he an above average defender? I know nothing about this guy other than the little bit of info in the article I linked.

Where's Rebbiv with the advanced statistics on Krauss? Give us some reason why this might make sense... does he crush one half of the splits where a platoon might actually work? Is he an above average defender? I know nothing about this guy other than the little bit of info in the article I linked.

He has 402 ML ABs and has hit .192, .264 OBP and .595 OPS.

In 7 minor league seasons (2457 PA) his OBP was .378 with an OPS of .855

Last edited:

He is/was a patient hitter in the minors.

He has been in a hitter's league at AAA (PCL).

Career MLB Away = .236 BAVG .305 OBP .429 SLG .734 OPS 12.4 PA/BB 26.3 PA/HR

Last 3 years Away = .251 BAVG .345 OBP .455 SLG .800 OPS 8.6 PA/BB 28.7 PA/HR

He hasn't been anything great to this point. He screams platoon player at best. His power has not materialized as he has advanced in the minors. He is around .250 BAVG 15-20 HR under .800 OPS player with favorable splits. It is hard for me to understand the motivation to acquire this guy.

Now, on the other hand, KC just designated Relief Pitcher Jason Frasor for assignment. Hopefully, DD gets this guy. If not, then I don't know what to think when we acquire a platoon lefty over a viable reliever.

Wilson is a career .229 hitter, career OBP of .281 with an OPS of .599. He is garbage!

Well I hope it works out, I have low expectations for this one, why is Marte up again? Brought up a hot hitter just to sit him..I'm kinda lost as to just what the Tigers are doing right now.

Well I hope it works out, I have low expectations for this one, why is Marte up again? Brought up a hot hitter just to sit him..I'm kinda lost as to just what the Tigers are doing right now.

Most moves they do are head scratchers, IMO

Marte only hits lefties well.

The timetable for Cabrera's return has been put at six to eight weeks. That is just a base estimate, Rand said.

"We're hoping he'll be able to return in six weeks," Rand said. "That is our hope. At this time, though, it's going to take whatever time it takes."

In other words, the Tigers will not rush the process.

That's all I wanted to hear....whatever they do DON'T rush him back.

I don't see Miggy coming back this year.6-8 weeks takes us into September. unless we are in a pennant race, I just don't see him coming back for 3 weeks,better off letting it heal.

I don't see Miggy coming back this year.6-8 weeks takes us into September. unless we are in a pennant race, I just don't see him coming back for 3 weeks,better off letting it heal.

An injury like this heals and that's that. If he's healed, no reason to hold him back.

The timetable has him back sometime in August. The best case is Mid-August if it is 6 weeks, end of August for the 8 weeks. And that is with rehab. He has already started physical therapy. Now it is a wait and see.

Going to break his 100 RBI season streak. Could have won another BA title, too hard to get the required PA required I'm sure. Oh well..

The timetable has him back sometime in August. The best case is Mid-August if it is 6 weeks, end of August for the 8 weeks. And that is with rehab. He has already started physical therapy. Now it is a wait and see.

8 x 7 =56 days, add that to July 10th (today) and you end up on Sept.4th

I was just going by the date on Kalines post,and ran off 8 weeks. still don't think we'll see him unless we are in a pennant race.

The trade deadline in July 31st. We will most likely know after the All Star break if the Tigers are buyers or sellers. And neither means much as far as Cabrera playing. If he is healthy, he is going to play, regardless of whether they are playing for the post season or not. My only concern is that he is 100% when and if he comes back. It does no good to "shut him down", just to "shut him down".

I was just going by the date on Kalines post,and ran off 8 weeks. still don't think we'll see him unless we are in a pennant race.

Miggy means wins and wins means $$$$. He'll play for that reason alone.

Back