Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Does Ausmus survive?

tycobb420

If the Tigers don't get any better, does Brad Ausmus come back next year?

no. He looks lost at times, yet I had hopes for him.IDK know what it is just yet, haven't put a finger on it. the chemistry with this roster, just isn't working. imo

no. He looks lost at times, yet I had hopes for him.IDK know what it is just yet, haven't put a finger on it. the chemistry with this roster, just isn't working. imo

I tend to agree. He does look lost.

This was a mistake from the beginning. Having a rookie manager learning to manage on the fly with a team that was built to win right now....2012....2013...2014....and....2015....yeah right. 2013 was the year they should have won except for the achilles heel the bullpen for how many years now?
idk who replaces him.

Well I heard someone say DD's contract is up this year so if he's not back then I don't think the new GM will keep Brad. Personally I don't see anything from Brad that makes me think he's a really good manager but this team has been put together by the GM.

Ausmus is just too calm all the damn time. Makes me wonder if he's addicted to Xanax or something. In any event it's pretty clear (to me anyways) he's in over his head.

Well I heard someone say DD's contract is up this year so if he's not back then I don't think the new GM will keep Brad. Personally I don't see anything from Brad that makes me think he's a really good manager but this team has been put together by the GM.

Exactly. If I'm DD I probably abandon this sinking ship after his contract is up. Of course, he is the one who ran it right into an iceberg!

And remember that Maddon was available in the off-season. In a division of managerial dunces. Would the Tigers be 60-28 were he the skipper? No, but Maddon would not continuously step in the bucket.

And Sparky (aka Captain Hook) leave in a starter? Never.

In the grand scheme of things, in-game managerial decisions impact very little over the course of the season. Talent wins games. Players need to execute.

But, the manager sets the lineup card and has to keep the player's motivated to play for him. Managers can abuse their pitchers and facilitate in them losing their confidence.

Players loved playing for Sparky. Players loved to play for Leyland. I am sensing Aumus is losing the clubhouse (if he had it at all). All you have to see was what happened in Boston from Francona to Valentine to Farrell.

I don't think Leyland or Maddon would make too much in the standings right now. Injruies have cost this team. But, it is still a team constructed by DD.

Certainly if the team is losing confidence for Ausmus it is because he has demonstrated his inability to manage effectively, which includes his in-game decision making?

And remember that Maddon was available in the off-season. In a division of managerial dunces. Would the Tigers be 60-28 were he the skipper? No, but Maddon would not continuously step in the bucket.

And Sparky (aka Captain Hook) leave in a starter? Never.

He wasn't available. He left TB to go to the Cubs. Not like any other team had a chance to sign him..he just opted out to go to Chicago.

He wasn't available. He left TB to go to the Cubs. Not like any other team had a chance to sign him..he just opted out to go to Chicago.

Did the Tigers even attempt to encourage Maddon to consider the Tigers?

Did the Tigers even attempt to encourage Maddon to consider the Tigers?

He wanted the Cubs and the Cubs wanted him. He still had a year left in TB but forgo it to just go the Cubs. He wouldn't have went anywhere else. He wasn't interviewing anywhere else, he left TB once the Cubs had an opening. So bottom line, he wasn't going anyone else.

Back