Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Does Ausmus survive?

Ausmus = Trammell = players manager. Everyone walks all over him just like Trammell.

Both guys have no spine, no balls

I/we have seen enough with Ausmus managing to know and hope he is replaced either in September, or at the end of the year. The Tigers need a manager with maturity and experience managing, better coaching which includes saying goodbye to Wimpy/JeffJones.
If they do, the new manager usually has his pals that come on board as coaches. If a PC isn't available, I would suggest Mike Henneman who is at AA Erie.

I hope they fire him after the season and hire Bud Black.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Brad could someday be a good manager, but clearly he's overmatched in ways that are baffling. In the presser, some "journalist" asked him why Verlander went from the windup with the bases loaded and from the stretch after the triple. Aside from that being grounds for justifiable dismissal for asking a question with an obvious answer, Ausmus could not even speculate: here was a golden opportunity to say "any competent baseball writer should know the answer to that" but he said "you'll have to ask Verlander."

Last edited:
only thing scarier than Ausmus being fired, is Lamont being the new manager.

Brad could someday be a good manager, but clearly he's overmatched in ways that are baffling. In the presser, some "journalist" asked him why Verlander went from the windup with the bases loaded and from the stretch after the triple. Aside from that being grounds for justifiable dismissal for asking a question with an obvious answer, Ausmus could not even speculate: here was a golden opportunity to say "any competent baseball writer should know the answer to that" but he said "you'll have to ask Verlander."

hmmm, another example of these guys just not having their heads in it, starting to wonder if they are all addicted to ambien or something, side effects include being lethargic, not thinking clearly, brain fog, having a deer in the headlights like look on your face.

Last edited:
I can buy into the ineptness of the guy simply not understanding situations, but the whole "he's lethargic, not yelling at the team enough" doesn't matter. They are professional baseball players in a massively long season. Closing the door and screaming at them works maybe once a year. These guys don't need motivation. They just aren't that good.

who said anything about yelling or not yelling, you can be lethargic by just sitting there looking dazed and confused all the same. show some damn energy and focused desire! They don't look like they expect to win to me, oh sure they can say whatever, but watch them they look bored at times, tired at other times, they get behind and they pack it in what are they now 6-31 when not scoring first? They don't act or play like they really believe they will get it done. Every now and again they look great and full of focus but then it never carries over to the next day(s) Serious lack of consistent energy and focus. It's been an ongoing issue all year, I have to believe the Manager should be held accountable for that to some extent.

Last edited:
So you see Ausmus for the entire 3 hours in a game looking lethargic and tired? I don't really understand what you want him to be doing? About 99 percent of baseball managers basically sit in the dugout, hang over the rail, and talk to their bench coach. You don't see them walking up and down and getting everyone fired up. Do you remember Leyland during games when they cut to him on TV?? I wasn't sure if he was awake or not.

You can get on him for anything because I don't think he's a very good manager, but I don't buy that aspect of it.

Last edited:
If these guys need motivation at their stages of professional baseball, it might be time to retire. There's a reason professional coaches are seen more as managers of egos rather than motivational figures.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2015/7/22/9011869/brad-ausmus-detroit-tigers-manager-2015

Brandon: Sure. I'm not even sure I'd say he's cost us more than a game or two, tops. But, he's bringing nothing to the table either. He's not good at managing the staff, the team seems to lack a strong identity, and I don't see Ausmus ability as a catcher really translating anywhere either. That, was one thing I thought he'd be able to hang his hat on. That he'd be a real positive influence on the game calling, that we'd see real improvements in McCann's receiving, blocking, game-calling etc. Maybe he's helped him some, but I'm just seeing no pluses and a lot of questionable stuff.

A pretty good summary of my feelings on Ausmus.

His explanation of the reason why he did not use Wilson in the 8th up two runs is all you need to know about that dimwit.. He was worried about extra innings instead of like Byco said going for the win... Just a pathetic piece of managing not using Wilson..

only thing scarier than Ausmus being fired, is Lamont being the new manager.

I am sick and tired of his fat ass feeding off of our team like a parasite. The guy brings nothing to the table except stinking up the shithouse after taking his daily dump at Comerica

I/we have seen enough with Ausmus managing to know and hope he is replaced either in September, or at the end of the year. The Tigers need a manager with maturity and experience managing, better coaching which includes saying goodbye to Wimpy/JeffJones.
If they do, the new manager usually has his pals that come on board as coaches. If a PC isn't available, I would suggest Mike Henneman who is at AA Erie.

Jeff Jones is a waste of skin. Maybe the worst pitching coach I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Talk about walking into a good situation damn anyone with a pulse could have been the pitching coach during the time he came to Detroit. A good JV, Max, Anibal, Price, Fister , Smiley and Ricky P all pitching in a big ball park half their games.

If I could T - Bag one person on this planet it would be that terd Jeff Jones.

Is there anyway we could lure Dave Duncan to come to Detroit?

I hope we make a managerial change for next year. Ausmus seems to make the wrong calls over and over again, and the teams have underachieved under him as a result. Not sure who is out there that would be an upgrade, Gardenhire is the only one coming to mind right now, but we should be looking at some different options.

I hope we make a managerial change for next year. Ausmus seems to make the wrong calls over and over again, and the teams have underachieved under him as a result. Not sure who is out there that would be an upgrade, Gardenhire is the only one coming to mind right now, but we should be looking at some different options.

He would be a great choice and he wants back in...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...ed-an-agent-to-find-him-another-managing-gig/

What do people see in Gardenhire? He is so overrated, people want to act like those twin teams that won the central wernt weren't stacked

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think people are in love with his slightly above .500 record and being 6-21 in the post-season. Those records speak for themselves.

Back