Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

buyers or sellers?

You know DD's going to want pitching and more pitching. Still not positive DD even trades Price.

That's good because we're going to need an ace. I wish we would have traded Price and Cedpedes sooner, and offered some of the pieces we got for Hamels.

I'm beside myself on the trades.I turn 63 in 28 days,I don't have time to wait for another really good Tiger team.Only that I've been blessed seeing my team win the A.L. Central and get into the WS.

I'm in a state, State of confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcvGwaJ-lI

Last edited:
I'm beside myself on the trades.I turn 63 in 28 days,I don't have time to wait for another really good Tiger team. Only that I've been blessed seeing my team win the A.L. Central and get into the WS.

The Kinks!! good tune.

I turn 63 in 28 days.....

and how do you think I feel 'young' fella? 1968 and 1984 were a long long time ago.

These trades, especially for guys like Norris,Boyd and Fulmer have me excited. As soon as Norris controls his pitches better, he's a MLB ace. Boyd's minor league numbers suggest he's an inch or two away from being a front end starter. Absolutely dominated the minors so far, and has great command.. I think he just needs to learn when to throw certain pitches, as he has given up a lot of homers in his only 2 MLB appearances. Fulmer looks to be ready, and has a 1.88 ERA in AA with tons of Ks and minimal BBs. Norris is the best prospect, but Boyd and Fulmer are guys who we could start right now and they'd be solid if not very good. This means we only need to go out and get a front end starting pitcher this winter, and then we can focus the rest of the money on LF/CF. We could go get Austin Jackson back for a very low salary. Get Cespedes back, too. Hell, even Jason Heyward would probably be a good, somewhat cheap option for us. Whoever out of this young group that doesnt make our rotation will certainly make for good relief pitchers. I envision Labourt and Cessa being dominant type relievers for us. I say we offer Jordan Zimmermann a fair deal to be our ace. Maybe even Scott Kazmir.. but we have a ton of talented pitchers now.. we haven't had this much young pitching depth in forever. It's not like they are far off, either. They are all very close to contributing to the big club.. even this year, maybe.

The Kinks!! good tune.

I turn 63 in 28 days.....

and how do you think I feel 'young' fella? 1968 and 1984 were a long long time ago.

da fuq... Mom said I had a Twin brother from another Mother.

Last edited:
I was born a month after the Tigers won the World Series in 84....at least some of you have seen them win a championship!

I was born a month after the Tigers won the World Series in 84....at least some of you have seen them win a championship!

I would say that must be/feel worse than going more than 30 years since the last championship. Any fan in any sports needs a championship team that they can relate and go to as their team.
For me, it will always be the '68 Tigers, I grew up with them as a kid, lived and died with them especially in '61 and '67, and had just turned 21 the month before they won it in Game 7. I want to see one more for obvious reasons, but for you and any others here that weren't around or too young, I would be even happier for all of you!

These trades, especially for guys like Norris,Boyd and Fulmer have me excited. As soon as Norris controls his pitches better, he's a MLB ace. Boyd's minor league numbers suggest he's an inch or two away from being a front end starter. Absolutely dominated the minors so far, and has great command.. I think he just needs to learn when to throw certain pitches, as he has given up a lot of homers in his only 2 MLB appearances. Fulmer looks to be ready, and has a 1.88 ERA in AA with tons of Ks and minimal BBs. Norris is the best prospect, but Boyd and Fulmer are guys who we could start right now and they'd be solid if not very good. This means we only need to go out and get a front end starting pitcher this winter, and then we can focus the rest of the money on LF/CF. We could go get Austin Jackson back for a very low salary. Get Cespedes back, too. Hell, even Jason Heyward would probably be a good, somewhat cheap option for us. Whoever out of this young group that doesnt make our rotation will certainly make for good relief pitchers. I envision Labourt and Cessa being dominant type relievers for us. I say we offer Jordan Zimmermann a fair deal to be our ace. Maybe even Scott Kazmir.. but we have a ton of talented pitchers now.. we haven't had this much young pitching depth in forever. It's not like they are far off, either. They are all very close to contributing to the big club.. even this year, maybe.

pass on Jackson he's really not that good, never lays out for a ball and his bat is ave at best and he's got a noddle arm

Last edited:
I would say that must be/feel worse than going more than 30 years since the last championship. Any fan in any sports needs a championship team that they can relate and go to as their team.
For me, it will always be the '68 Tigers, I grew up with them as a kid, lived and died with them especially in '61 and '67, and had just turned 21 the month before they won it in Game 7. I want to see one more for obvious reasons, but for you and any others here that weren't around or too young, I would be even happier for all of you!

I know what you mean. Unfortunately for me the 2006 team remains my favorite Tigers team just because of how they came from out of nowhere. I had never seen the Tigers be successful whatsoever and to see them suddenly in the World Series was very difficult to compute! Add in the Ordonez home run to send them there, and it was just so much fun.

I remember how crazy the fans were going throughout those playoffs. Too bad we weren't able to finish it off.

I'm beside myself on the trades.I turn 63 in 28 days,I don't have time to wait for another really good Tiger team.Only that I've been blessed seeing my team win the A.L. Central and get into the WS.

The trades actually increase the odds of winning the World Series. We were not going to do it with this year. And we probably were going to lose all three of those players anyways. Now with them gone, we don't have to pay the Luxury Tax and lose $40 Mil.

We can always use those prospects and trade for MLB ready talent. Not all of those 5 pitchers are going to make it and many won't even remain as Tigers. Buck Farmer is just as much a viable option or trade piece as any of those pitchers. And what happens to Kevin Ziomek if he develops?

We now have holes in LF, CF and 3B. But we were going to have those holes after the season anyways. We have 3 starters and about 3 relievers to audition, most are probably coming from in house.

The trades actually increase the odds of winning the World Series. We were not going to do it with this year. And we probably were going to lose all three of those players anyways. Now with them gone, we don't have to pay the Luxury Tax and lose $40 Mil.

We can always use those prospects and trade for MLB ready talent. Not all of those 5 pitchers are going to make it and many won't even remain as Tigers. Buck Farmer is just as much a viable option or trade piece as any of those pitchers. And what happens to Kevin Ziomek if he develops?

We now have holes in LF, CF and 3B. But we were going to have those holes after the season anyways. We have 3 starters and about 3 relievers to audition, most are probably coming from in house.

I'm hoping we give them all a chance here rather than as trade bait. That's how we got into this mess. If we have holes at LF, CF etc. go after them in FA. I think Nick deserves one more year at 3rd. We need to keep young and hopefully draft nicely as well..even if we're sub .500 for 5 years.

Honestly, and it's a weird feeling, I haven't enjoyed the last two or 3 seasons as much. As a fan base it's almost like we became the Yankees in that win or else kind of thing. That's why 2006 was such an awesome feeling..expectations. I remember when the game threads were so awesome but now if we leave a guy on 3rd with one out or a DP at the wrong time or any time for that matter we're down on the team. Just constant bickering..

I'm actually looking forward to some growing pains as a team..maybe keep the youth and let them grow here together..

The Tigers probably weren't a playoff team, and definitely were not contenders keeping all of their players. They didn't have the farm system to trade for any significant upgrades. If it is anyone's goal to see a championship, then standing pat really makes no sense. Now, if the Tigers want to spend, they have an offseason to pick up real talent/production. At the same time, they now have the prospects to make win-now trades in the future.

The team is much closer to a championship now than they were 4 weeks ago. They aren't going to be as good the rest of this year, but they didn't have a real shot at the championship either way.

Back