Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Price wins All-Star Game

biggunsbob

Sell him now.. I know we are all down as we should be sitting at 44-44 but at least we are only 3.5 out of the wildcard... We just need a freaking 16-4 run somewhere in this second half... Or we could just sell sadly :/

I did watch a few pitches of the All-star game.. i watched Price pitch and was glad to see Jose make a great play at SS and even JD made a putout...

Wish Miggy was their to give Trout a run for his second MVP.. I hated all the freaking Trout love during and after the game...

Wish Miggy was their to give Trout a run for his second MVP.. I hated all the freaking Trout love during and after the game...

Yeah, I wish Miggy had been there too...that would mean he wasn't injured and would be able to be and have been in the Tigers' lineup.

But what's wrong with Mike Trout?

He seems like a very decent and respectful young man.

He's getting awards and accolades? Well - he's good!

Yeah, I wish Miggy had been there too...that would mean he wasn't injured and would be able to be and have been in the Tigers' lineup.

I agree 100%. He is the best player in the game and is only 23. The Tigers have a 23 year old playing at the big league level too...but he sucks!

He's the Sidney Crosby of baseball. Along with Bryce Harper.

MLB and the media rub them in our faces because they look like most of us.

Don't get me wrong, Trout is very good, but the media and MLB use him to try to get more young people into major league baseball. You don't see others get that level of love/spotlight, like McCutchen, Cabrera, etc.

Same thing the NHL did with Cindy Crosby, when all the best players were from Russia, or the Netherlands, he was the great Canadian hope, so they overhyped him, even went out of their way to make him a winner.

I don't mind Trout and the fact he is being hyped.

However, I cannot stand Harper and his style of play. He is the type of player you love if he is on your team, and hate if he is on the other team. If WSN was in the AL Central, I would guarantee Tiger fans would be hating him.

He's the Sidney Crosby of baseball. Along with Bryce Harper.

MLB and the media rub them in our faces because they look like most of us.

Don't get me wrong, Trout is very good, but the media and MLB use him to try to get more young people into major league baseball. You don't see others get that level of love/spotlight, like McCutchen, Cabrera, etc.

Same thing the NHL did with Cindy Crosby, when all the best players were from Russia, or the Netherlands, he was the great Canadian hope, so they overhyped him, even went out of their way to make him a winner.

I think trying to get young people interested in baseball is a good thing. Comparing him to McCutcheon and Miggy....McCutchen is in a small market and Miggy can barely speak English. Trout is a young phenom who is in one of the largest markets. It is natural that he would be a bigger star than Miggy or McCutchen.

Miggy should get more media love in my opinion.. Oh I love how great Trout is it just I don't need it rubbed in my face over and over again.. Miggy is a future HOF... He should get mad props but alas just because he has trouble with language he gets brushed aside..

Miggy should get more media love in my opinion.. Oh I love how great Trout is it just I don't need it rubbed in my face over and over again.. Miggy is a future HOF... He should get mad props but alas just because he has trouble with language he gets brushed aside..

saying he gets brushed aside is not accurate. I listen to national talk shows all of the time and he is consistently described as the best hitter in the game. He gets plenty of praise by the national media.

saying he gets brushed aside is not accurate. I listen to national talk shows all of the time and he is consistently described as the best hitter in the game. He gets plenty of praise by the national media.

Ok if you say so.. I think they said Trout was the best hitter in the game last night or maybe i heard it last week.. Miggy is the best hitter in the game.. Guess I am bias...lol

Just the way it..he's young and he's good. Not sure if anyone watches Golf but they talk about the little prick Jordan Spieth all the fuckin' time, it's sickening.

Just the way it..he's young and he's good. Not sure if anyone watches Golf but they talk about the little prick Jordan Spieth all the fuckin' time, it's sickening.

but they still talk non stop about that little prick Tiger Woods and he sucks!

A better analogy would be them talking about Miggy if he was 38 and hitting .160

Yes. Nonetheless, I think it's widely known Miggy is the best and has been the best so why talk about it kind of thing. Either way it doesn't bother me, lots of Miggy talk the past 9 years.

I like to watch European Tour golf because the announcers don't talk. It's great.

Back