Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Orioles @ Tigers 7-19-15 Game #91

manchild98

TIGERS (45-45):

Kinsler 2B
Gose CF
Cespedes LF
VMart DH
JD RF
Avila C
Krauss 1B
Iggy SS
Romine 3B

Verlander P Season: 0-2, 5.34 era (1.38 whip), Lifetime against the Orioles 9-2, 3.43 era

Orioles (45-45):

Machado 3B
Paredes DH
Jones CF
Davis RF
Wieters C
Hardy SS
Snider LF
Schoop 2B
Parmalee 1B

Gonzalez P Season: 7-6, 4.24 era (1.25 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 0-2, 8.47 era

Is today the day we finally drop below .500 on the season? Can Verlander get his 1st win of the season?

Verlander is coming off his best outing of the season when he went 7.2 innings and gave up 5 hits and 1 run to the Twins. Unfortunately the Tigers lost that game 8-6 in jaw dropping fashion. The Tigers have lost all 5 of his starts. He's 1-2 with a 5.68 ERA in his last 3 starts against Baltimore after going 8-0 with a 2.93 ERA in his first 12.

Gonzalez has been struggling since June. He gave up 6 runs in 5 innings in his last start against the Nationals.

Current Tigers are hitting .315 (23 for 73) with 5 home runs against Gonzalez. Gose is 5 for 15 with a homer, Rajai is 4 for 12 with 3 homers and Cespedes is 4 for 8.

The O?s are batting .207 (41 for 198) with 7 doubles and 7 home runs against JV. Hardy is 8 for 34 with 3 homers. Parmalee is 5 for 16 with a homer. Davis is just 5 for 23 and Jones is 6 for 33.

Marc Krauss returns from maternity leave and Dixon Machado was optioned back down to Toledo.

The weather forecast for Sunday afternoon in Detroit calls for humid conditions and temperatures in the upper 80s and low 90s. There is a 50 percent chance of rain.

What is it now 13 innings in a row with out scoring? I hope our hitters are not hitting a famine stretch after being so hot...

Gameday says Verlander had some words for the home plate ump when he left the field.

The team just is lazy and has no attention to details weather its a 0-2 hit given up by Jeff Jones pitchers or base runners or Brad's dumb managing like challenging that pick off..

DUMB... A blind man could see he was out...

Tigers get thier first hit in 11 innings then the dumbass gets picked off, followed by a dumbass worthless challenge..the dumbass that got his ass picked off of first didn't express any doubt he was out so why are you challenging that?

The more I see of this team the more convinced I become that they just don't have thier heads in half these games..staring with the deer in headlights dumbass manager

Last edited:
Just pathetic!!! This will cost us a run. Should be bases loaded no outs.

Fines my team would have for charities.. I am sure i am missing some. But a manager has to figure out a way to get his players to pay attention to the smaller details...

i am sure i am missing some..

Balks.
You give up a 0-2 hit.
Picked off any base.
Making the first out of any inning at third or home.
Missing the cut off men.
failing to get the bunt down when called upon.
failing to get the runner in from third with less the 2 outs..

Last edited:
Back