Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mariners @ Tigers 7-21-15 Game #93

manchild98

TIGERS (46-46):

Kinsler 2B
Cespedes LF
VMart DH
JD RF
Krauss 1B
Castellanos 3B
Avila C
Iggy SS (Romine gets start; Iggy is ill)
Gose CF

Greene P Season: 4-7, 6.32 era (1.44 whip), Never faced the Mariners

MARINERS (42-51):

Jackson CF
Seager 3B
Cruz DH
Cano 2B
Smith RF
Ackley LF
Miler SS
Morrison 1B
Zunino C

Walker P Season: 7-7, 4.84 era (1.28 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 0-0, 7.50 era (1 start)

Can we get another win against the lowly Mariners? The Tigers are 9.5 games back of the 1st place Royals and 4 games back of the last wild card spot.

Greene is 2-3 with a 4.65 era on 7 home starts. Lefties are hitting .349 with a .401 OBP against him. Greene has lost his last 5 starts (12.57 era) and is looking to avoid becoming the 1st Tiger pitcher with 6 consecutive losses since Porcello in 2012. His last start went poorly after being recalled from Toledo. The Twins rocked him for 7 runs in 4.2 innings.

The 22 year old Walker is 5-4 with a 5.47 era in 10 road starts. He faced the Tigers at home on July 7th and gave up 6 hits, 5 runs and 3 home runs in 6 IP. Seattle beat the Tigers 7-6 in 11 innings. He currently has a 4 game road winning streak with a 1.04 era during that stretch.

Current Tigers are hitting .269 (7 for 26) with 2 doubles and 3 home run against Walker. Krauss is 2 for 4 with a homer. Avila and Castellanos are both 1 for 2 with a home run.

Cruz is the only Mariner batter to face Greene. He is 2 for 8. Cano is 5 for 11 with 3 home runs in his last 3 games. In the past 2 seasons Cano is hitting .400 with 3 homers against the Tigers. The Mariners enter this game hitting .207 with runners in scoring position, the worst average in baseball.

Tonight's weather forecast for Detroit tonight calls for partly cloudy skies with temperatures in the upper 70s. There's no chance for rain tonight.

Last edited:
Is Greene still a Cy Young hopeful? Asking for a friend.

just seen Anabel Sanchez and his wife dancing on the pregame show. that is one fine lady.

Can Tigers take two in a row from the lowly Mariners?

Not with Greene on the mound, unless the offense puts up about 14 runs

Last edited:
I guess we'll be trying to get our 7th win of the season when we don't score first. 1-0.

I don't know if we could even trade Greene for a fresh bag of dog shit.

Had such high hopes for Greene thought he'd be a good 4th or 5th starter in place of porcello, started out good but boy did he go to hell in a hand basket or what

Tigers Gameday....over the last 8 games Tiger starters have a 7.34 era.

I'm going to Baltimore next weekend to make a road trip, I am so depressed with this team that I am not nearly as excited as my usual road trip

I'm going to Baltimore next weekend to make a road trip, I am so depressed with this team that I am not nearly as excited as my usual road trip

Just think..by the time that game starts half the team might be different than it is now.

I went to the Verlander schallaquing [sic] at PNC last year. You remember, the one where Verlander BATTED, and SAC BUNTED down 5-1, top 2nd and DID NOT TAKE THE MOUND THE NEXT INNING?

What a meatball served up by Greene. It's hard to watch this kid pitch.

Back