Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Leyland

djcox2112

God, I miss him... Everyone on here bitched about him... You forget about pre 2006... We are on our way to pre 2006... Brad doesn't have a clue about veteran players. We are filled with "veterans" all thru the lineup... I thought when they hired Brad, it was a good move because he might be able to motivate our star lineup, including starting staff with "young" enthusiasm. How wrong we were... That includes you, DD...

Either get Leyland back, or someone like him, so the Vets can actually respect someone... We have about 1-2 years before our "stars" become irrelevant.. BTW, I'm not talking about Verlander, he is already irrelevant.. Difference between 2008 and 2015, not much (excluding a young stud Verlander)... We stockpiled a lot of "talent" and had a miserable year, less than .500 was a huge disappointment... We cut loose of a lot of players that got us there in 2006, but got back in 2011. We've been close for the last couple of years, looks like it's 2008 again...

Now, can we be back in 2016/2017 with aging "stars"? Yes, if we trade Price and Cespedes... Neither is going to sign with us... Price has been everything we could have hoped for, a monster... He is 9-2, should be at least 12-2, period... So If someone wants to give us the farm, take the farm...

After we realize that this season is over (fuck, I haven't fully paid my extra innings package off yet), then move on... Trust me DD already has... I don't care how hot we get, we don't have the pitching to be the wild card darlings like SF, or anyone else in the last 25 years... KC sound familiar?

DD, trade the MF's... Then get Leyland back... After all, he's so tan and bored shitless...

Always said this about smoker,the guy knew how to run a clubhouse.when he managed, all the players were having fun high fiving each other and other shinanagin antics. You don't see that anymore like we did.

Last edited:
I dunno about all that high-five stuff. Players have fun when they are winning. When they are 11-2, I remember all those antics.

There isn't a manager alive or dead that has this team winning the division, let alone winning the World Series. I don't think Ausmus is very good but I've always thought this board and many other fans over value managers.

Every team has flaws but you can't have a giant gaping hole in any one part of your team. This bullpen could/would never win in October.

Back