Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

35 years since last HoFer

Rebbiv

It has been 35 years (1980) since the last Tiger was elected to the Hall of Fame. When will the next one be elected and who will it be?

Miguel Cabrera would be the assumption. But can Trammell pull off a miracle? What about Morris?

And even if Miguel makes it (which would be at least 5 years after he retires and he is signed thru 2023 without options). He could play until the option years, 2025. Meaning he would be eligible in 2030. Will it be 45-50 years between Tiger HoFers?

IMO, Morris-Tram-Lou are pretty much bupkis . Voters don't like them.

Also, not sure what's up with the math here. We had Kell in 1983 and Newhouser in 1992. So it's only been 23 years, not 35.

Also, not sure what's up with the math here. We had Kell in 1983 and Newhouser in 1992. So it's only been 23 years, not 35.

He was the last Tiger elected by the writers. Kell and Newhouser got in by Veteran's Committee.

And yes, it is to wear a Tiger's uni when inducted. Pudge won't choose to be enshrined as a Tiger.

So lets count Smoltz then. I think the discussion was understood as going in as a Tiger. Pretty obvious really.

Good thing I don't give a shit what you think. He's a Tiger in my book and that's all that matters.

He was the last Tiger elected by the writers. Kell and Newhouser got in by Veteran's Committee.

And yes, it is to wear a Tiger's uni when inducted. Pudge won't choose to be enshrined as a Tiger.

If you were talking about elected by the writers why did you bring up Morris? Cause that ship has sailed.

If you were talking about elected by the writers why did you bring up Morris? Cause that ship has sailed.

So I fucked up and included Morris. Get over it. You get the gist of the thread. If not, oh well.

Good thing I don't give a shit what you think. He's a Tiger in my book and that's all that matters.

He's a former Tiger. Going in as a Ranger. Best years, Rangers.

Lets count Earl Averill, he had a cool 500 plate appearances at the end of his career. Larry Doby, 1959 baby. Waite Hoyt. Eddie Mathews. Al Simmons. Sam Thompson.

Wow, what a list of great Tigers'..lol.

He's a former Tiger. Going in as a Ranger. Best years, Rangers.

Lets count Earl Averill, he had a cool 500 plate appearances at the end of his career. Larry Doby, 1959 baby. Waite Hoyt. Eddie Mathews. Al Simmons. Sam Thompson.

Wow, what a list of great Tigers'..lol.

guess we can't count Jim Bunning who played 9 seasons with Detroit, but can claim Mickey Cochrane who only played 4. Get real

guess we can't count Jim Bunning who played 9 seasons with Detroit, but can claim Mickey Cochrane who only played 4. Get real

Because Cochrane wears the cap. Bunning doesn't. Duh. Boy are you dumb.

Because Cochrane wears the cap. Bunning doesn't. Duh. Boy are you dumb.

So it's ok for a mod to have "personal attacks"?

It's my opinion fella. If you want to debate, no problem. If you're gonna go over the line, you should be held to the same rules as the rest of us.

Don't think there are any rules against calling anyone "dumb".

Dumb isn't any different than "get real." It basically means nothing..

Back