Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Rays 7-29-15 Game #101

manchild98

TIGERS (48-52):

Kinsler 2B
Iggy SS
Cespedes LF
VMart DH
JD RF
Castellanos 3B
Avila 1B
McCann C
Gose CF

Verlander P Season: 0-3, 5.57 era (1.38 whip), Lifetime against the Rays 6-3, 3.71 era

RAYS (51-51):

Jaso LF
Souza Jr. RF
Longoria 3B
Loney 1B
Forsythe 2B
Cabrera SS
Casali DH
Kiermaier CF
Rivera C

Archer P Season: 9-7, 2.67 era (1.02 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 1-0, 2.84 era

I would say it?s official?the Tigers have no shot to make the playoffs. The Tigers have lost 11 of their last 15 games and are now in 4th place in the AL Central. They are 13.5 games back of the 1st place Royals and 4.5 games back (with 4 teams ahead of them in the standings) of the Twins for the last wild card spot.

Verlander has a 3.22 road era in 3 starts. But the Tigers just can?t seem to win a game when he is on the mound (0-7). His last start he went 8 innings against Boston and gave up just 1 run. He?s alternated giving up 1 or 7 runs in his last 4 starts.

26 year old Archer has been very consistent all season. He has a 3.00 era in 12 home starts. But the Rays don?t score many runs for him (3.71 run support). In his last 2 starts he combined to pitch 13 innings and gave up 3 runs. Archer has allowed 1 earned run or fewer in 12 starts which is tied for 2nd in MLB.

The Tigers are 15 for 66 (.227) with 2 home runs against Archer. Gose is 3 for 11, Avila is 1 for 3 with a homer, JD is 2 for 10 with a homer, Romine is 3 for 6 and Cespedes is 2 for 3. Cespedes has homered in 3 of his last 4 games. The Tigers offense has been cold as of late scoring just 5 runs in the last 3 games. They?ve scored 2 runs or less in 5 of their last 6 games.

The Rays are hitting .246 (44 for 179) with 10 doubles and 5 home runs against JV. Cabrera is 16 for 63 with 5 doubles, Jennings is 4 for 11 with 2 homers and Longoria is 7 for 25 with a homer. Casali has multi-homer games in the 1st 2 games of this series. He has 6 homers in 20 plate appearances (after having 1 in 119) since the all-star break. The Rays were having trouble scoring runs but now they?ve out up 15 in the 1st 2 games of this series.

tumbleweed03.gif

could Rod possibly marvel over Archer anymore, wipe the drool off your chin dude. geeeesssh

could Rod possibly marvel over Archer anymore, wipe the drool off your chin dude. geeeesssh

Between that and the "art of pitching" I'm sure all over the radio, I am glad I am watching at work with no sound! LOL. It's on in the breakroom and I keep wondering down that way.

JV gives up a homer to Cabrera with 2 outs in the 4th. 1-0. This was the 1st hit/base runner for either team and the first time this season that a game went 4 innings without a base runner from either team.

JV gives up a homer to Cabrera with 2 outs in the 4th. 1-0. This was the 1st hit/base runner for either team and the first time this season that a game went 4 innings without a base runner from either team.

And now the only question is does Archer throw a perfect game or can Alex draw a walk hold him to just a no hitter

And now the only question is does Archer throw a perfect game or can Alex draw a walk hold him to just a no hitter

Every PG or NH is held together by an amazing catch like that. I am actually pulling for Archer. :ugh:

Every PG or NH is held together by an amazing catch like that. I am actually pulling for Archer. :ugh:

Was just thinking the same thing, after that catch I was like yup tigers getting no hit for sure now..

ass dribble boots inning ending DP, victor with an opportunity for a gidp now

mixed feelings about this, if JV doesn't imploded yet which we all know he can a measly avoidance of a sweep here shouldn't be enough to go ahead and think buy and all we need is to get on a roll when they haven't shown any reason to believe that's possible.

What was the error on Cespedes? I wasn't watching.

He lost it in the lights, no way he should have been given an error for losing it in the lights. between the stupid cat walks and piss poor lighting that park is a joke

Back