Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Rays 7-29-15 Game #101

Goose is now 0 for his last 21 and I noticed Davis hasn't been playing much lately, IMO I think they have been planning to deal Davis somewhere now for a week or more either way..buyers or sellers I think Davis is gone soon.

Yeah Gose is a gem. Expected though not like he was burning it up in Toronto.

Another gem from JV. Great sign. 8 innings, 107 pitches 1 run, 4 hits and 10 k's. 1 of the hits Cespedes lost in the lights.

Tigers win on a great pitching performance from JV...and he gets his 1st win of the season. But this is now 6 of 7 games we scored 2 runs or less. And those 2 runs were unearned. We are reverting back to our old ways.

Tigers win on a great pitching performance from JV...and he gets his 1st win of the season. But this is now 6 of 7 games we scored 2 runs or less. And those 2 runs were unearned. We are reverting back to our old ways.

And that is how it often goes when they do make the post season, at some point the offense goes to shit and they get swept, turn in top ten worst post season offenses etc.. still too many hackers, need more guys that give away fewer at bats yet.

I think this win might set the franchise back 5-10 years. That's how truly short-sighted I think the management team is. If they end up buying on the wings of this victory, fire DD now.

STREAKS AND STATS:

Justin Verlander struck out 10-or-more batters in a game for the 29th time in his career and first time since Sept. 29, 2013 at Miami against the Marlins.

In his last four starts, Verlander has a 3.29 ERA in 27 1/3 innings pitched, striking out 23 batters and just two walks.

Back