Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jayson Stark- Tigers are Rebooting

dubbsco

Also tweeted by the Pope.

"Tigers now willing to move Price and Cespedes."

@Joelsherman1

A second source confirmed #Tigers open for biz on all walk-yr players: Price, Cespedes, Avila, Soria, Rajai Davis. Changes the market

Gotta be done...find and raid the best farm system and get a bunch of players.. then resign Yc in the off season...

Last edited:
Gotta be done...find and raid the best farm system and get a bunch of players.. then resign Yc in the off season...

If we trade Cespedes, we cannot sign him this offseason. It's in his contract. Still have to trade him. He's having a career year.

OK did not know that...is that MLB contract language or his? Just curious

Thank goodness. I'm thinking the Cubs could use Price.

If they want Price, I'd trade them both Price and Cespedes and ask for Soler or Schwarber as the headliner coming back. If we can get Schwarber, I'd say an offer of Price+McCann could get it done. Javier Baez would be a nice throw in.

Just a wild guess, but I betcha Puig will be end up a Tiger by Friday.

Just a wild guess, but I betcha Puig will be end up a Tiger by Friday.

If that happens, I'll offer to be DD's bitch for life. I doubt LA would trade him for Price.. but it would make their acquisition of Mike Morse make a bit more sense...

If we trade Cespedes, we cannot sign him this offseason. It's in his contract. Still have to trade him. He's having a career year.

He won't be under a contract this off season. I've never heard of a player having such a thing. He would possibly hurt his value blocking a interested team from bidding his price up.

He won't be under a contract this off season. I've never heard of a player having such a thing. He would possibly hurt his value blocking a interested team from bidding his price up.

My mistake. The team he's under contract with at the end of the season only has 5 days to re-sign him, or else he cannot sign with that team until the next season. So trading him could actually help us in trying to sign him this offseason. I read it wrong.

Last edited:
Sounds like the front office was ready to be sellers at the beginning of the week, but had to get the Illitches to give the ok.

I'm so fucking happy. Seemed like an easy decision but was starting to get nervous.

Price to the Cardinals for Randal Grichuk, and a couple minor pitchers prefer starters.
Arturo Reyes I know he's there # 1 prospect, a left hander would be nice as well. They have a couple of 3b in there top 30 that could fit as well.
Cards could use a # 1 against the Dodgers. They might pay the ramson.

Same. Now just hope we get some good players back..

I would love for them to get some players that can play right away but that might not happen. If they can trade Price, Ces, Soria, Davis & Avila they could possibly get 10+ minor league players in return. That might not seem like a big deal...but with Price, Soria & Price...my guess is 4 players they get in return would likely be immediately ranked in the Tigers top 10 prospects. That just gives the Tigers some trade chips in the future. Let's hope for a good haul!

I would love for them to get some players that can play right away but that might not happen. If they can trade Price, Ces, Soria, Davis & Avila they could possibly get 10+ minor league players in return. That might not seem like a big deal...but with Price, Soria & Price...my guess is 4 players they get in return would likely be immediately ranked in the Tigers top 10 prospects. That just gives the Tigers some trade chips in the future. Let's hope for a good haul!

As long as they're not Fister type prospects. If we do get solid prospects and keep them and let them produce for us. Honestly, I don't want to use them as trading bait. Sign FA instead..lets keep the young guys.

Back