Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jayson Stark- Tigers are Rebooting

I think the Tigers are simply booting. Just an observation.

sucks that the cards got Moss, i thought they would be a good trade partner for cespedes since Holliday re-injured himeself

I think I just saw this:
A #BlueJays offer of LHP Daniel Norris, LHP Matt Boyd, and CF Anthony Alford may be enough to get David Price from #Tigers.

It also implied something was iminent

Last edited:
Daniel Norris will start Sunday for the Tigers in Price's place. Dombrowski said they debated whether to insert Norris or Matt Boyd into that slot.

• Dombrowski said Norris and Boyd are "unquestionably" starting pitchers but that Jairo Labourt could be a guy who might move to the bullpen in the future.

• Boyd will move into the rotation at Triple-A Toledo. Labourt will be in the rotation for Single-A Lakeland.

• Dombrowski said getting guys who are close to major league-ready was a priority in the Price deal. "We're rebooting, not rebuilding."

I'm fully expecting Cespedes and Soria to go for nice returns, but I'm wondering if we'll find a buyer for Davis, Simon, and Avila. I'd think somebody would want them, but the return probably won't be great.

Matt Boyd's minor league numbers look sick. He looks like he has great command and stuff with his K/BB numbers. We may as well put him in the rotation, too.. I think we can sacrifice 2 months of Buck Farmer to get a better feel for our two new LHP.

Norris BB/9 is a bit high. But so far I like the get. Don't know anything about the last guy though..

Norris BB/9 is a bit high. But so far I like the get. Don't know anything about the last guy though..

BB per 9

Matt Boyd 2.0
Daniel Norris 3.8
Jairo Labourt 4.7

SO/W

Matt Boyd 4.54
Daniel Norris 2.59
Jairo Labourt 1.82

With Jairo Labourt, think Will Ledezma. I think getting Boyd was a key to this deal. Norris will be a work in progress. Labourt probably won't amount to anything.

BB per 9

Matt Boyd 2.0
Daniel Norris 3.8
Jairo Labourt 4.7

SO/W

Matt Boyd 4.54
Daniel Norris 2.59
Jairo Labourt 1.82

With Jairo Labourt, think Will Ledezma. I think getting Boyd was a key to this deal. Norris will be a work in progress. Labourt probably won't amount to anything.

Thanks. For a guy we weren't going to have in 2 months it was a fine deal. Yes, Boyd - looking forward to seeing him.

Back