Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hey is the Football Championship of College Football Going to be Considered Real Now?

tinselwolverine

Because there's an actual tournament of a kind?

Instead of "mythical," as which it's always been referred to?

I know that I am in the minority but I really liked the BCS and considered the BCS champion a more deserving champion than the NCAA basketball champion. I looked at the BCS champion as the champion of the entire season and the B-Ball champion an end of season tournament champion.

I know that I am in the minority but I really liked the BCS and considered the BCS champion a more deserving champion than the NCAA basketball champion. I looked at the BCS champion as the champion of the entire season and the B-Ball champion an end of season tournament champion.
haha good one.

The "Committee's" Top 25 list comes out today. Where will Michigan be ranked?

haha good one.

I don't think that's really a joke, the NCAA tourney is a very imperfect way to determine the best team, not even close to the BCS in that regard. the tourney is wildly entertaining though, great for fans, not great for determining who the best team in the country is.

I don't think that's really a joke, the NCAA tourney is a very imperfect way to determine the best team, not even close to the BCS in that regard. the tourney is wildly entertaining though, great for fans, not great for determining who the best team in the country is.

It's not supposed to determine the best team.

It's supposed to determine the best four teams.

And then there's a playoff.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the structure, and I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.

That said...will the team that wins two games be considered the real national champion, as opposed to the mythical national champion?

Or are we gonna still see the same Writers' Poll, Coaches' poll bullshit?

I guess the only fair way to determine a champion is to have every team play every other single team on a neutral field, indoors, with no fans present.

The best record at the end, wins.

I guess the only fair way to determine a champion is to have every team play every other single team on a neutral field, indoors, with no fans present.

The best record at the end, wins.

You are not accounting for injuries, breaks, luck, blown calls or stupid coaching decisions.

You are not accounting for injuries, breaks, luck, blown calls or stupid coaching decisions.

Yes, but all those things happen in sports that actually end up with real champions, some of those sports ending up with real champions, going back more than a century!

Back