Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFCN teams helmet variation creations

turok

Thought that these were interesting from the Uni Watch website

The GB Packers' "Cheesehead" helmet...lol.

6607877281_850828e8c1_o.jpg

The Chicago "Bearhead" helmet logo to replace the plain "C". Before we got a family color TV set ca 1968, I thought that the Bears' helmets and home unis were black, not dark navy blue:

6607873935_a83041824e_o.jpg

The Minnesota Vikings' "Mascot " logo helmet:

6607876037_f1e3848d02_o.jpg

And last, but not least, two creations for the Detroit Lions, the first is a mashup of the Millen-era black jerseys with Honolulu blue numbers, but instead on a helmet:

6607875159_6f4d152bd8_o.jpg

A copy"cat" approach to the Detroit Tigers' tiger passing through the Olde English D that was used by the club during the 90s, but instead of a tiger, the Lions' old "Bubbles" silhouette was used, on a gray (not silver) helmet but minus the black outline that was added, and w/o the more ferocious "muscular" white highlighting, jaws and eye that "improved " and updated "Bubbles" appearance.

No...just NO!! ...as the Olde English D is proper only for the Tigers, the Red Wings have a somewhat more subdued version of the Olde English D as their alternate letter D to the Winged Wheel. The Lions would need to create an industrial-looking, perhaps block D as an alternate, if anything IMO. I was once completely in favor of getting rid of the Lion silhouette entirely, and return to their plain silver throwbacks that the players have worn from time to time, until they updated it:

6607875329_b3572d0fa0_o.jpg

Some of the other helmet designs for the other NFL teams are pretty good, and some are just awful, but I only included some of the NFCN creations.

I really like the lion/d one. Pretty sick to me. But the logo doesn't mean the same to me as you.

I actually kind of want a hat with of it lol.

I like the vikings one and I really like the bears one. the rest. . . not so much, lol

I like the jersey for sure. I don't like the larger stripe or logo on the helmet though. It looks odd for some reason. Silver outline on the number take away pants logo and use the plain turkey day helmets.... Pure awesomeness. The pant scratch stripes could go too. Less is more.

I like it, maybe even may become similar to what the unis might look like someday...but it reminds me a bit of what an XFL team based in Detroit's unis and helmet might look like if the Lions never became an NFL team, and were nicknamed something else.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I really like the lion/d one. Pretty sick to me. But the logo doesn't mean the same to me as you.

I actually kind of want a hat with of it lol.

Navy blue isn't part of their team colors, but I wouldn't mind owning a baseball cap with both, as long as Lions' recently enhanced silhouette was used, good idea for fans of both pro-teams.

Back