Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2020 Playoff Qualifiers

And of course when a team really needs a top pick like Detroit there's a chance it goes goes to Pittsburgh or Edmonton, again. I hate the lottery. They wanted to prevent tanking but I think it's doing it wrong. Top team ( or worst team) should get 30% chance not 18%.

I prefer rewarding teams that barely miss the playoffs than those intentionally throwing in the towel.

Most points without playoffs gets #1 pick and so on down the line for non-playoff teams. Give them an incentive to be good and you won't see that sad of a display that the Wings put out there in 19-20.

Don't worry 20-1 will be just as bad by design, why else keep Blash around?

I prefer rewarding teams that barely miss the playoffs than those intentionally throwing in the towel.

Most points without playoffs gets #1 pick and so on down the line for non-playoff teams. Give them an incentive to be good and you won't see that sad of a display that the Wings put out there in 19-20.

Don't worry 20-1 will be just as bad by design, why else keep Blash around?

I certainly don't like tanking but what I saw from Detroit wasn't tanking but just a bad roster. Your scenario says be good but not really good. What you'll get is teams who start tanking when they're on the borderline of a playoff spot.

And honestly, imo I think tanking is harder to do in the NHL because of the cap. Its not like baseball where teams can have 200+ mill payroll to under 50 mill payroll.

I certainly don't like tanking but what I saw from Detroit wasn't tanking but just a bad roster. Your scenario says be good but not really good. What you'll get is teams who start tanking when they're on the borderline of a playoff spot.

And honestly, imo I think tanking is harder to do in the NHL because of the cap. Its not like baseball where teams can have 200+ mill payroll to under 50 mill payroll.

From LTIR Wings still had quite a lot of space to add a few players.

Even old man Vanek would have been a benefit on that team.

From LTIR Wings still had quite a lot of space to add a few players.

Even old man Vanek would have been a benefit on that team.

But to get better than at least one team we needed Gretzky in his prime. Along with Coffey. And Yzerman.

Back