Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Astronomers tracking 4 objects

I wish people had been taught the beauty of mathematics. For almost no reason, there is a question about whether or not these objects are somehow aliens. I realize that's the juice up the article, but it's so pointless. Is it not enough that we have such powerful telescopes that we can even see and map these objects? Is it not enough that we can predict their paths (and origins) around massive objects with incredible precision?

I wish Physics was a mandatory part of high school curriculum. Maybe we could start heading off the flat earth movement if people actually knew a modicum about how things worked, about how incredible it is that we know what we know.

I wish people had been taught the beauty of mathematics. For almost no reason, there is a question about whether or not these objects are somehow aliens. I realize that's the juice up the article, but it's so pointless. Is it not enough that we have such powerful telescopes that we can even see and map these objects? Is it not enough that we can predict their paths (and origins) around massive objects with incredible precision?

I wish Physics was a mandatory part of high school curriculum. Maybe we could start heading off the flat earth movement if people actually knew a modicum about how things worked, about how incredible it is that we know what we know.

I never thought they were of Alien origin I just think it is cool we are potentially find objects from outside the solar system like Oumuamua. I just Hope one day other life forms are found elsewhere in this vast universe. Even microbial life in the solar system would be something.

I never thought they were of Alien origin I just think it is cool we are potentially find objects from outside the solar system like Oumuamua. I just Hope one day other life forms are found elsewhere in this vast universe. Even microbial life in the solar system would be something.

Oh, I didn't mean you. The article itself asked the question, seemingly just to ask it. I also think it would be incredible to find life of any sort in the universe. I happen to think that the odds are almost certain that life does exist elsewhere, but it's impossible to tell if we'd ever find it (or it find us).

I actually hope that any life we find is significantly different than that found on earth - different base chemistry, different genetic structure. Thanks to common ancestry, we actually have a paucity of information about how life could work. We only know how our specific version of life works. It could really blow open our understanding of what life is to see something totally different.

Oh, I didn't mean you. The article itself asked the question, seemingly just to ask it. I also think it would be incredible to find life of any sort in the universe. I happen to think that the odds are almost certain that life does exist elsewhere, but it's impossible to tell if we'd ever find it (or it find us).

I actually hope that any life we find is significantly different than that found on earth - different base chemistry, different genetic structure. Thanks to common ancestry, we actually have a paucity of information about how life could work. We only know how our specific version of life works. It could really blow open our understanding of what life is to see something totally different.

That really would be so very cool. I agree the odds are in favor of life of some sort somewhere. The distances of space are so vast though. Different then Earth life would be just something.I just wish Nixon administration had not cut back the Apollo program. We were so darn close to having a moon base, and I am positive we would have gone on to Mars by 1980 or 1990.
Then we always get a jump start by some President from either party and then when a new administration gets in the cut stuff. Obama space goals sucked for 8 long years.. He yapped about going to Mars but it was lip service. I am on the fence about a corporations leading Mars missions(musk). I know we need it but sometimes if not always Science and the bottom line do not see eye to eye.

Last edited:
Back