Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Baseball Book

Before they were the Dodgers, they were the Robins, Superbas, Bridegrooms, Grooms, Grays, and Atlantics. There was even a three-year overlap where they were called the Dodgers, Robins, and Superbas. And a twenty-year overlap of Robins-Dodgers.

Marketing must have been a real challenge back then.

I wonder if Doris Kearns Goodwin remembers all that.

I’m also reading

K
A History of Baseball In Ten pitches.
Tyler Kepner 2019

So many fabulous baseball guys the writer talked to .

Also

Terror
In the
City
Of
Champions
Murder, Baseball, And The Secret Society That Shocked Depression-Era Detroit
By Tom Stanton 2017

Fantastic book so far. Little known history about the Black legion who were a Klan like organization. It’s center around 1935 when the Tigers, Red Wings, and Lions all won
championships. Joe lions. Plus Joe Lewis was on the rise. Great book so far. I am reading so many books at once right now lol.. wish I was a faster reader.

Back