Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Falcons @ Lions Thread

We didn?t play our best game today. Goff missed/overthrew/no touch on too many balls. St. Brown had an unusual drop. Sewell got destroyed today, along w the rest of our OLine. Gibbs was average.

Defense played extremely well. Though, it was against Ridder and the Falcons.

Branch is a stud!

We found a way to win but a lot of room to improve on offense.

Last edited:
Good run d against good rushing team
7 sacks
Big punts from Fox too

Offense did enough despite all the oline injuries

We didn?t play our best game today. Goff missed/overthrew/no touch on too many balls. St. Brown had an unusual drop. Sewell got destroyed today, along w the rest of our OLine. Gibbs was average.

Defense played extremely well. Though, it was against Ridder and the Falcons.

Branch is a stud!

We found a way to win but a lot of room to improve on offense.

I agree with you 100%.....but I think as a Lions fan we are so used to having to have a great offensive game to win we aren't comfortable letting the defense win one for us. Atlanta is a solid team defensively.....and we still had almost 400 yards. The offense constantly shot itself in the foot but was not far away from putting up a 30 spot. The mistakes are going to have to change......but man, it's nice having a game where the pass rush was legit and the secondary was in tight coverage on just about every throw. Even if it was Ridder, our DB's were pretty sticky yesterday.

Branch has all the makings of a young Honey Badger. The guy is EVERYWHERE and should NOT have been called for a personal foul yesterday. His head was up and Bijon's was lowered, initiating the contact.

Gotta go to GB and continue to get to the QB, or Love is going to make us look bad.

Also, Walker needs to catch 100 balls/day from the JUGS machine. Can't have 2 dropped INT's and win many games.

Hopefully, Decker, Montgomery and Joseph get back into action Thursday.

3-1 takes control of the Central early.

Last edited:
3-1 takes control of the Central early.

I know it?s early in the season but I think Thursday defines the division. Want to see if the Packers are for real or not, beating the Bears and and barely overcoming a Saints team without Carr for a half doesn?t impress me much. That offense operates better with a healthy Jones, we?ll see if he returns this week, would prefer to beat them at full strength.

Thought the Vikings were frauds last year, offense can be dangerous but their defense is atrocious, it looks like the close games aren?t going their way anymore.

The Bears are a complete dumpster fire and I wouldn?t be surprised if they finish 0-17.

I hate to be so optimistic, but I don?t see this division being too competitive if the Packers don?t put up a good fight Thursday.

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Hutch 91.8
Branch 84.9
McNeill 80.8
LaPorta 80.1
Skipper 77.5

Bottom 5 Overall
Rodriguez 38.4
Cabinda 38.7
Wright 40.5
Jacobs 43.2
Nelson 43.5

Other notables
Goff 76
Melifonwu 76
Amon-Ra 74.8
Jackson 74.7
R Okwara 74.2
Walker 73.1
Glasgow 70.4
Sutton 68.5
Ragnow 66.2
Thor 63.9
Sewell 62.7
Campbell 60.6
Cominsky 57.5
Gibbs 56.8
Sorsdal 51.9
Barnes 49.1

Reactions: 503
Really need to move on from Nelson. I really don't get why they've kept him around.

Kinda expected AA to be higher. Wonder where he got knocked down. Seemed like he was all over the place. Although I guess 64 isn't exactly terrible. Just shows how many guys balled out

Really need to move on from Nelson. I really don't get why they've kept him around.

Kinda expected AA to be higher. Wonder where he got knocked down. Seemed like he was all over the place. Although I guess 64 isn't exactly terrible. Just shows how many guys balled out

They need to draft an offensive tackle on day 2 to be the backup swing tackle in this next draft.

Goff was hit too much. Sorsdal was fine but not meant to be the RT. Skipper looks like graded well but got hurt. That guy can't catch a break. Nelson was fine last week but agree he needs to be the 4th tackle, not the 3rd tackle on this team

Ifedi or any other OT signed couldn't beat out Nelson so he won the top backup job.

I know it?s early in the season but I think Thursday defines the division. Want to see if the Packers are for real or not, beating the Bears and and barely overcoming a Saints team without Carr for a half doesn?t impress me much. That offense operates better with a healthy Jones, we?ll see if he returns this week, would prefer to beat them at full strength.

Thought the Vikings were frauds last year, offense can be dangerous but their defense is atrocious, it looks like the close games aren?t going their way anymore.

The Bears are a complete dumpster fire and I wouldn?t be surprised if they finish 0-17.

I hate to be so optimistic, but I don?t see this division being too competitive if the Packers don?t put up a good fight Thursday.

I think they will. They still have some players on D. Gary had 3 sacks yesterday. Jaire Alexander is one of the best 3 CB's in football and my guess is he will be shadowing ASB.

I hope we are as aggressive with Love as we were with Ridder. Sitting back and seeing if our front 4 can get pressure can be a recipe for disaster if we don't.

I think they will. They still have some players on D. Gary had 3 sacks yesterday. Jaire Alexander is one of the best 3 CB's in football and my guess is he will be shadowing ASB.

I hope we are as aggressive with Love as we were with Ridder. Sitting back and seeing if our front 4 can get pressure can be a recipe for disaster if we don't.

Got to stop the run again. Will see if Aaron Jones is back from his Week 1 hamstring. But either way, got to stop the run

And yes agreed, pressure Love. It seems Detroit switched some things up. Branch played some safety and nickel. SAM they moved Barnes and Campbell there to pass rush some too. Few more stunts and one on one wins from others not named Hutch was good to see.

Packers have Watson, Jones, Jaire, Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins hurt. Will see which ones play on Thursday. I think we need Decker back or we might lose. Gary, Preston Smith and the rookie Van Ness will have a big day against Sorsdal. And yes if Jaire plays, could blanket St Brown

We won two low scoring games against them. Will need more of the same this year.

I will be at the game in Lambeau. Should be good one

Back