Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

?Hi, my name is Matthew, although you may know me by another name.

Wow, Tinsel ?..

That?s a great story. We were at the rose bowl for CU v UCLA when my wife got a text about Matthew Perry?s passing and she started to cry. At first I thought it was another bad situation for our family, but it was his death.

In the past few years she?d begun rewatching Friends, read his recent book and some reunion show of sorts. Not like we/she knew him or anything, but I?m going to relay your story to her ?.she will love it.

I encountered Courtney Cox in Calabasas and we exchanged pleasantries. I didn?t go into it that had long ago known her co-star and on screen romantic partner?ya just don?t do that.

Didn?t you and i encounter a celeb or two together at Jeff Suppan?s jernt in Woodland Hills? I mean, besides Suppan himself.

That's a partial explanation that makes sense, but I think the reasons are far more nefarious. I consider "Hollywood" a mortal enemy to my immortal soul. And I think the movie that best illustrates this is Mulholland Dr. I believe that's what David Lynch was trying to communicate. But he did in a way so obtuse that you really have to look for the meaning.

Ironically, you?re the most informed cinephile I think I?ve encountered.

I?m quite the cinephile; I?m a piker next to you.

Ironically, you?re the most informed cinephile I think I?ve encountered.

I?m quite the cinephile; I?m a piker next to you.

My "cinophelia" (sounds suitably dark?) timeline ends around 2000. Probably been to three movies at the theater since then. One of them was Passion of the Christ.

Back