Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ncaa Hockey Final Four 4/11/24

Another interesting article. It doesn’t mention this in the article but maybe the ncaa should consider adding a few more at large teams . Maybe 16 isn’t enough .Michigan never moves in all his changes staying as a 3rd seed in the regional they are in.

Michigan trails at East Lansing 4-3 after two. Um had a goal disallowed in the first .
msu had one that counted that should not have as it was covered under goalies pad.
You are not allowed to jam at a goalies pads with puck covered.. Terrible officiating.

Then Michigans crappy defense let a goal score with .7 of a second left in the second to break the tie. Two goals in less then 1:40 I think. msu 3rd goal should not have counted..

Michigan ties game early in the 3rd 4-4 but then it was all msu in our zone most of the period. Game is heading to ot.

Lost 5-4 in ot .
Typical ot for Michigan. Dominating well over 3/4 of time had bunch of chances to score. And a saucer shot from the blue line gets past everyone including the goalie as Michigan state gets the double joining I think Minnesota as the only team to do it in the big ten.
Again Michigan had a goal disallowed and msu scored one when Michigan goalie had the puck covered. Disappointed loss.
Hopefully they can rebound for the ncaa. Big ten will have four teams in.

Michigan trails at East Lansing 4-3 after two. Um had a goal disallowed in the first .
msu had one that counted that should not have as it was covered under goalies pad.
You are not allowed to jam at a goalies pads with puck covered.. Terrible officiating.

Then Michigans crappy defense let a goal score with .7 of a second left in the second to break the tie. Two goals in less then 1:40 I think. msu 3rd goal should not have counted..
Looked like ur goalie pushed it in while covering it before anyone jammed at his pads.

I would also disagree with your assessment of the OT. It seemed pretty even, back and forth. Neither team dominated, shots and chances were pretty even.

Looked like ur goalie pushed it in while covering it before anyone jammed at his pads.

I would also disagree with your assessment of the OT. It seemed pretty even, back and forth. Neither team dominated, shots and chances were pretty even.
Agree to disagree then. Quality of shots on goal were clearly in Michigans favor with only one 3 to 5 minute period were extended pressure was with msu in ot. You are not suppose to be able to jam at the goalies pads when the puck was covered. It looked covered to me and he jammed it over the line.

Your goalie clearly was not interfered on the disallowed goal as your defenseman hit him after the goal was score. That goal should had counted in my opinion.
P
Michigan after initially dominating early could not handle msu Phyiscal line at all in my opinion. Msu had the better goalie.

Seems like Hail to the Victims is yet again playing.

Ncaa Hockey Tournament tv schedule.

NCAA Hockey Regionals Schedule

Here’s the schedule:

Thursday, March 28:

• 2:00 p.m. ET - No. 3 Denver vs. UMass in Springfield (ESPN2/ ESPN+)
  • 5:00 p.m. ET - No. 2 Boston University vs. RIT in Sioux Falls (ESPNU/ ESPN+)
  • 5:30 p.m. ET - Maine vs. Cornell in Springfield (ESPNEWS/ ESPN+)
  • 8:30 p.m. ET - Minnesota vs. Omaha in Sioux Falls (ESPNU/ ESPN+).
Friday, March 29:

• 2:00 p.m. ET - No. 1 Boston College vs. Michigan Tech in Providence (ESPNU/ ESPN+)
  • 5:00 p.m. ET - No. 4 Michigan State vs. Western Michigan in Maryland Heights (ESPNU/ ESPN+)
  • 5:30 p.m. ET - Wisconsin vs. Quinnipiac in Providence (ESPNEWS/ ESPN+)
  • 8:30 p.m. ET - North Dakota vs. Michigan in Maryland Heights (ESPNU/ ESPN+).
Saturday, March 30:

• 4:00 p.m. ET - Regional Final Game 1 at Springfield (ESPNU/ ESPN+)
  • 6:30 p.m. ET - Regional Final Game 2 at Sioux Falls (ESPNU/ ESPN+).
Sunday, March 31:

• 4:00 p.m. ET - Regional Final Game 1 at Providence (ESPN2/ ESPN+)
  • 6:30 p.m. ET - Regional Final Game 2 at Maryland Heights (ESPNU/ ESPN+).

Frozen Four 2024 Schedule

Here is the schedule:

Frozen Four 2024 National Semifinals:

Thursday, April 11:

• 5:00 p.m. ET - Semifinal 1 at Xcel Energy Center | St. Paul, MN (ESPN2/ ESPN+)
  • 8:30 p.m. ET - Semifinal 2 at Xcel Energy Center | St. Paul, MN (ESPN2/ ESPN+).

Frozen Four 2024 National Championship Game

Saturday, April 13:

• 6:00 p.m. ET - National Championship at Xcel Energy Center | St. Paul, MN (ESPN2/ ESPN+).

Here Is The Seeding For The 2024 NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament

1. Boston College
  2. Boston University
  3. Denver
  4. Michigan State
  5. Maine
  6. North Dakota
  7. Minnesota
  8. Wisconsin
  9. Quinnipiac
  10. Michigan
  11. Omaha
  12. Cornell
  13. Western Michigan
  14. UMass
  15. RIT
  16. Michigan Tech

2024 Ncaa Hockey Tournament

Sioux Falls, South Dakota March 29th and 31st.
#1. Boston College (31-5-1)
Michigan Tech (19-14-6)

Wisconsin (26-11-2)
Quinnipiac (26-9-2)
=====================

Maryland Heights Missouri March 29th and 31st.
#4 Michigan State 24-9-3
Western Michigan (21-15-1)

North Dakota (26-11-2)
Michigan (21-14-3)
======================

Springfield, Massachusetts March 28th and 30th.
#3 Denver (28-9-3)………………..Wins 2-1 Final.
Massachusetts (20-13-3)

Maine (23-11-2)
Cornell (21-6-6)…………………….…..Wins 3-1 Final
========================

Providence , RI March 28th and 30th.
#2 Boston (27-10-2)……………….Wins 6-3 Final.
RIT (26-9-2)

Minnesota (22-10-5)………………Wins 3-2 Final.
Omaha (23-12-4)
=========================

Last edited:
Agree to disagree then. Quality of shots on goal were clearly in Michigans favor with only one 3 to 5 minute period were extended pressure was with msu in ot. You are not suppose to be able to jam at the goalies pads when the puck was covered. It looked covered to me and he jammed it over the line.

Your goalie clearly was not interfered on the disallowed goal as your defenseman hit him after the goal was score. That goal should had counted in my opinion.
P
Michigan after initially dominating early could not handle msu Phyiscal line at all in my opinion. Msu had the better goalie.
Both your goalie’s feet were well into the net before any stick touched his pads. The puck was correctly ruled to have completely crossed line before that happened. It was an own goal by the goalie, suck it up a deal with it.

You obviously had your maize colored glasses while watching the OT session. And much of the game. I haven’t read a single article that says uofm dominated OT nor have I seen a single MSU coach or player apologize for winning the game after being so badly outplayed in the extra session. The game was very even with momentum swings, 3 lead changes and roughly even SOG totals. The overtime was not really different from the rest of the game.

Scores today 3/28/24
Denver 2 Umass 1 Final.
Boston U. 6 R.I.T. 3 Final.
Cornell 3 Maine 1 Final.
Minnesota 3 Omaha 2 Final.

Scores 3/29/24
Boston College 6 Michigan Tech 1 Final
Msu 5 Wmu 4 Final ot
Quinnipac 3 Wisconsin 2 Final ot.
Michigan 4 North Dakota 3 Final.

Last edited:
NCAA Hockey Semifinals March Saturday 30th
Providence R.I.
(Boston U is tournaments over #2 seed).
#1 Boston U (28-10-2)
#2 Minnesota (23-10-5)
Boston U. Wins 6-3 Final.

Springfield Mass. Semifinals March 30th
(Denver is tournaments overall #3 seed).
#1 Denver (29-9-3)
#3 Cornell (22-6-6)
Denver wins 2-1 Final.
=========================
Hockey Semifinals March Sunday 31st
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
BC is the tournament’s over #1 seed.
#1 Boston College (32-5-1)
#3 Quinnipiac (27-9-2)
Boston College 5 Quinnipiac 4 Final ot

Maryland Heights , Missouri Sunday March 31st.
Msu is the tournaments overall #4 seed.
#1 Msu (25-9-3)
#3 Um (22-14-3)
Michigan 5 Michigan State 2 Final.

Last edited:
Michigan trails North Dakota 2-1 after two. Michigan has a really poor record this year when trailing after two. Dakota is way bigger than us and just as fast. Sadly ex wolverine had the assist on ND’s second goal. I think he is a grad transfer. Not sure.
Pick was tipped past goalie. Nice tip sadly. Goalie had no shot.

Michigan with some puck luck off a ND skate ties the game up 2-2 50 seconds into the third and two minutes later they take the lead 3-2

Michigan up 4-2 at 8:04 mark. Great passing goal.
5:50 left. Score is now 4-3 with 5:22 left. ND pushing hard now.
Defense was bad on third goal.
2:19 left face-off in um zone tv timeout.
Empty net .

Michigan wins 4-3 Final.. man goalie made some big saves with net empty.
North Dakota was 20-0-0 this year when leading after two periods .

Last edited:
Msu Leads 1-0 off a high tipped goal that was reviewed. Msu goalie looks very sharp so far.

Game is tied 1-1 after twos periods. Both teams had excellent chances. I thought after um tied the game msu played a lot with the puck in the Michigan zone. Um PP is just not sharp right now and msu is doing a great job against that unit.

Last edited:
Msu Leads 1-0 off a high tipped goal that was reviewed. Msu goalie looks very sharp so far.

Game is tied 1-1 after twos periods. Both teams had excellent chances. I thought after um tied the game msu played a lot with the puck in the Michigan zone. Um PP is just not sharp right now and msu is doing a great job against that unit.
M losing in-zone face-offs, puck battles, t.o.p. M goalie saved the team in 2nd period.

Michigan wins 5-2 Final. Took lead 2-1 in the third and msu tied it up 2-2 on a pp. But Michigans offense took over last 6-7 minutes. Wait till you see the pass between the legs. Wow. And Duke. Wish Steve had him as a draft pick.

Back