Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The ?4 Point-line?

Of course you have to be good. My point was other fans of other teams wanted to see him and see them get the crap beat out of them .

You're completely right. But we aren't really talking about whether really good teams draw fans. We're talking about whether a slow-paced, low-offense style is conducive to drawing fans. That's why I was making the Grizzlies comparison. The Grizzlies had a very similar style, and were also a very good (but not great) team. Nobody really cared about the Grizzlies, even when they were good. That's what I'm trying to point out. Fans, in general, do not prize the kind of "old-school" style that you seem to be promoting.

I mean, how many Grizzlies' game can you say you watched between 2009 and 2017 when they weren't playing the Pistons or in the playoffs? Do you think an average fan could name more than 2 players on any of those teams?

Last night the Rockets set the record for 3 pointers made in a game on 26-55 (47.3%) shooting beyond the arc in a 136-118 victory over the Wizards. Starters were all benched with 4+ minutes to play.

Last edited:
You're completely right. But we aren't really talking about whether really good teams draw fans. We're talking about whether a slow-paced, low-offense style is conducive to drawing fans. That's why I was making the Grizzlies comparison. The Grizzlies had a very similar style, and were also a very good (but not great) team. Nobody really cared about the Grizzlies, even when they were good. That's what I'm trying to point out. Fans, in general, do not prize the kind of "old-school" style that you seem to be promoting.

I mean, how many Grizzlies' game can you say you watched between 2009 and 2017 when they weren't playing the Pistons or in the playoffs? Do you think an average fan could name more than 2 players on any of those teams?

Yes good teams draw fans even slow paced, low offense style. Just like 130 points a game won't draw fans if they're 2-40. But back to my original statement I like the tough grind it out lower scoring games.

Back