Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What?s Love Got to do With Rollin? on the River?

RIP. She was also great in Mad Max 3.

my mom going to see one of her concerts, circa the late 90's, and pissing off my brother - who was then in a punk rock band and HATED all mainstream music - by telling us all about how great Tina Turner was in concert is one of my favorite memories.

My Dad always loved her legs. She had great music and yes she was great in Mad Max 3. Rest in peace.

Anna Mae Bullock aka Tina Turner.
Just a magnificent singer, from when she first started with Ike right through all the success on her own. A modern day Betty Grable, with the "million dollar legs".
More and more celebrities are joining their ancestors.
RIP Tina.

Her version of "Proud Mary" is far superior to CCR's. IMO. I was umpiring a game last night and her version was filling the ballpark over the PA ... I got chills, which rarely happens these days to me regarding music.

Same with Joe Cocker's "With A Little Help From My Friends" over the Beatles's. It makes me forget about the Beatles's version.

To quote one of our most-respected posters on this board: "It's not even close."

Last edited:
Back