Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yellowstone

tigermud

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...or-eruption-would-devastate-the-entire-planet

Could it be possible that a full-blown eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano is not too far away? All over the world seismic activity has been increasing in recent years, and this process seems to have accelerated during the early days of 2019. In particular, quite a few once dormant volcanoes are springing to life again, and this has many concerned about what could potentially happen at Yellowstone. Of course Yellowstone has never been ?dormant?, but there have been new signs of life over the past six months. Entirely new geysers have sprung out of the ground, Steamboat Geyser has been the most active that it has been in decades, and some geysers have even been shooting ?debris and rocks? into the sky. And now we are being told that ?a 465-mile-long piece of molten rock? is ?rising? directly under Yellowstone?
SCIENTISTS are closely monitoring a 465-mile-long piece of molten rock rising below the Yellowstone caldera, a bombshell documentary has revealed.
The supervolcano, located in Yellowstone National Park, has erupted three times in history ? 2.1 million years ago, 1.2 million years ago and 640,000 years ago. Volcanoes typically blow when molten rock, known as magma, rises to the surface following the Earth?s mantle melting due to tectonic plates shifting. However, geologists have revealed how Yellowstone?s magma chamber, which sits on top of the magma plume, is slowly rising each year.
Hopefully nothing major will happen at Yellowstone for a very long time.

If we could keep science-denying idiots out of office, I actually think we could do something about this. Crap tons of geothermal power generation in the right places would probably do the job. But I mean crap tons. Like raise taxes and throw FDR levels of infrastructure money at it.

Um... so have any actual geologists commented on Yellowstone, or just disaster blogs that sell doom and gloom (and survival equipment and MREs)???

Um... so have any actual geologists commented on Yellowstone, or just disaster blogs that sell doom and gloom (and survival equipment and MREs)???

The article I posted says there are 20 supervolcanos. Wikipedia has a map.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervolcano#/media/File:Supervolcano_World_Map.png
The US supervolcanos would probably be the easiest to deal with. The ones in Indonesia or off Japan and Turkey might be more difficult. It doesn't look like there are any in the middle of an ocean.

The article I posted says there are 20 supervolcanos. Wikipedia has a map.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervolcano#/media/File:Supervolcano_World_Map.png
The US supervolcanos would probably be the easiest to deal with. The ones in Indonesia or off Japan and Turkey might be more difficult. It doesn't look like there are any in the middle of an ocean.

no, I know there's a hotspot under Yellowstone; the story about an eruption from there possibly being an extinction-level event has been floating around the internet for close to 20 years. I mean have any actual geologists expressed alarm that activity there is increasing?

The one link TigerPoop posted that's to what appears to be an actual newspaper (Express UK) cites a 2015 documentary, and tries to spin the fact that "scientists are monitoring Yellowstone" into something scary.

Kinda like his misleading "the Earth is actually cooling" post that cited a study saying nothing of the sort.

I don’t know about geologists but according to the article Gulo linked to rocket scientists apparently have.

Now, I don’t know if that’s like going to a dentist to treat a toenail fungus or not.

I’ve never been to Yellowstone park, I guess maybe I should get out there before I miss my chance.

Last edited:
I don?t know about geologists but according to the article Gulo linked to rocket scientists apparently have.

Now, I don?t know if that?s like going to a dentist to treat a toenail fungus or not.

I?ve never been to Yellowstone park, I guess I should get out there before I miss my chance.

so let's say you have a foot fetish and you accidentally suck on a toe w/ a nail fungus and a few days later your gums are sore - do you go to the dentist then?

asking for a friend.

so let's say you have a foot fetish and you accidentally suck on a toe w/ a nail fungus and a few days later your gums are sore - do you go to the dentist then?

asking for a friend.

I was going for an image like this without actually coming out with it directly.

Glad it was effective.

Back