Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Caught the last few minutes of the game last night. Jennings almost gave the Pistons the lead by himself. Unfortunately 11 threes were enough to keep the Pistons down. On the bright side, they had less turnovers.

another terrible 3 point shooting performance by the Pistons. Bad free throw shooting percentage too. So far this year the Pistons are 25th in 3 point shooting percentage (28.9%) and 18th in free throw percentage (73.6%)

Game 7 (11/12/13): Pistons @ Warriors

Another late game

Pistons TO after a dreadful, sluggish first 3 minutes. Warriors are moving the ball well on offense for some easy looks. 11-2 GS.

Getting uglier by the second. No one can make a shot, and Josh Smith just air balled. Second Pistons TO, 31-14 Warriors, with 2 left in the 1st. I'll check back in at the start of the 2nd half...

Last edited:
Ouch, 56-35 now...Drummond in foul trouble too.

Tony Mitchell and KCP finally seeing some action as Mo Cheeks continues to experiment with the bench rotations.

Last edited:
This team is a fucking joke.

nobody on the team even tries on defense other than Andre Drummond. Billups looks cooked.

very boring offensively with alot of ISO bs with guys standing around on offense.

looks like were in for another CRAP season and will probably end up with an 8th or 9th pick in the draft.

They'll finally get to play a bad team again this Friday. Hopefully they'll manage to win at least that one.

1-44 in their last 45 western conference road games and 21 in a row.

I didn't watch the game but just heard that MoCheeks benched J Smith for about 1/2 of the game. Not a good start for Smith!

This team is a fucking joke.

nobody on the team even tries on defense other than Andre Drummond. Billups looks cooked.

very boring offensively with alot of ISO bs with guys standing around on offense.

looks like were in for another CRAP season and will probably end up with an 8th or 9th pick in the draft.

If anybody expected us to beat GS, OKC, Portland, the pacers etc your delusional.

I've seen nothing that doesn't suggest we are what we thought. Solid offensively and defensively in the paint, bad offensively and defensively at the perimeter. Great shooting teams like GS are going to wreck us until we figure out our perimeter defense.

But don't say we're shit after getting beat up by some of the best teams in the league, that's ludicrous. I agree that billups isn't a starter though, he should be coming off the bench. Give KCP a chance, he has looked full of energy out there and drained a 3 I remember.

I didn't watch the game but just heard that MoCheeks benched J Smith for about 1/2 of the game. Not a good start for Smith!

i think it was because he's being forced to play SF when he's not capable of playing the position.

he needs to be a PF but that would mean Monroe or Drummond coming off the bench.

what the media has said about the Pistons is coming true, the spacing is horrible and they can't shoot from outside.

Dumars is a dumbass, once again trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

If anybody expected us to beat GS, OKC, Portland, the pacers etc your delusional.

I've seen nothing that doesn't suggest we are what we thought. Solid offensively and defensively in the paint, bad offensively and defensively at the perimeter. Great shooting teams like GS are going to wreck us until we figure out our perimeter defense.

But don't say we're shit after getting beat up by some of the best teams in the league, that's ludicrous. I agree that billups isn't a starter though, he should be coming off the bench. Give KCP a chance, he has looked full of energy out there and drained a 3 I remember.

okay, but they choked hard vs Memphis (a game they should have won) and weren't even competitive vs. Golden State, if they don't pull their starters the Pistons get blown out of the gym by 30+.

their defense is fools gold, they get picked apart by PnR offense routinely, and allow WAY too many 2nd chance points for a team that is supposed to be good with rebounds.

it's inexcusable.

i think it was because he's being forced to play SF when he's not capable of playing the position.

he needs to be a PF but that would mean Monroe or Drummond coming off the bench.

what the media has said about the Pistons is coming true, the spacing is horrible and they can't shoot from outside.

Dumars is a dumbass, once again trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

Monroe has been the best player on the team so far this year. I don't think it would be a good idea to trade him during the season if he continues to play at this level. He will probably be deserving of a max contract if he continues to perform. Maybe they can do a sign and trade to get a really good SF or SG at seasons end? I am starting to think Joe D made a mistake with Josh Smith.

Looking at our schedule, we just got through the toughest stretch of our season IMO going until January which I didn't look past. We play a ton of teams we can beat and not too many that will destroy us. Positive record is likely by January I would say.

Don't panic just yet.

Game 8 (11/15/13): Pistons @ Kings

Very winnable game tonight, good time to break this awful streak

Back