Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Smith did so much today, your obviously not knowledgeable about basketball in the slightest bit. A bad offense day doesnt mean a bad game, when he did pretty much everything else you could ask from a player.

19 rebounds
7 OFF rebounds
5 steals
8 assists
2 blocks
8 points

Are you fucking kidding me? Josh Smith did work today. AND he didn't take stupid shots, and only took 1 3 pointer, in which he was wide open.

Theres a reason he played 44 minutes today.

how many of his offensive rebounds were from his own misses? 4-16 and 0-4 from the free throw line. 19 rebounds is great but he needs to be more efficient at the offensive end.

Hes not going to miss all the good looks he had every night. Its not like he was taking bad shots. Hes had that hook shot in his pocket all season thus far, and it just didn't roll in today.

Smith isn't the reason we lost. He filled up the stat sheet. We probably would have won if Drummond played down the stretch. IDK wtf Mo cheeks is doing. Drummond got 16 minutes after playing great.

Were stuggling in the 2nd half to score somewhat, Josh Smith is having a bad offensive game, why would you play him 44 minutes? Bring in Drummond who creates problems for the Lakers on both ends, to get some easy buckets.

Hes not going to miss all the good looks he had every night. Its not like he was taking bad shots. Hes had that hook shot in his pocket all season thus far, and it just didn't roll in today.

Smith isn't the reason we lost. He filled up the stat sheet. We probably would have won if Drummond played down the stretch. IDK wtf Mo cheeks is doing. Drummond got 16 minutes after playing great.

Were stuggling in the 2nd half to score somewhat, Josh Smith is having a bad offensive game, why would you play him 44 minutes? Bring in Drummond who creates problems for the Lakers on both ends, to get some easy buckets.

I can agree with that. I was wondering if maybe Drummond was hurt or something, it's the only thing that makes sense.

The whole team sucked ass at free throws. They win easy if they shoot 75% from the line as a team.

If you're going to acknowledge a tomdalton post, it's best to realize you're dealing with a box score reading poster.

he is extremely biased when it comes to Josh Smith, and the entirety of the arguments are on 'poor shooting', which we all know that's not JS's game to begin with.

the real gripes people should have is with Joe Dumars for forcing Smith into a position he shouldn't even be playing, even then he's still coming up with a nice amount of steals, blocks, rebounds, and assists when he's not having an efficient scoring game due to having to shoot long 2's and 3's (again, not JS's game).

he HAS to shoot from outside due to the spacing issues on the team, and he doesn't have the quickness to be guarding NBA SF's. this is Dumars' fault for trying to force a player to play a position they won't excel in.

this clusterfuck of talent on the Pistons roster doesn't fit right, and was simply a product of Joe Dumars trying his ass off to get the Pistons into the playoffs in order to save his job.

Last edited:
If you're going to acknowledge a tomdalton post, it's best to realize you're dealing with a box score reading poster.

he is extremely biased when it comes to Josh Smith, and the entirety of the arguments are on 'poor shooting', which we all know that's not JS's game to begin with.

the real gripes people should have is with Joe Dumars for forcing Smith into a position he shouldn't even be playing, even then he's still coming up with a nice amount of steals, blocks, rebounds, and assists when he's not having an efficient scoring game due to having to shoot long 2's and 3's (again, not JS's game).

he HAS to shoot from outside due to the spacing issues on the team, and he doesn't have the quickness to be guarding NBA SF's. this is Dumars' fault for trying to force a player to play a position they won't excel in.

this clusterfuck of talent on the Pistons roster doesn't fit right, and was simply a product of Joe Dumars trying his ass off to get the Pistons into the playoffs in order to save his job.

I agree, not only does smith not have the ability to shoot deep consistently, he also just spots up and shoots, and can't create his own shot unless he's down low in the post.

I would like to think all signs point to Monroe being traded and smith being moved to PF. He's not extended, we pick up smith and already have Drummond. Drummond and smith and Monroe. Which one of these is not like the other?

If not, idk about joe.

"idk about joe" has been a refrain for the past 5 years now. I think history would suggest if we make a move, it won't be the best deal for our future and will probably cost more than it should.

Already there are rumors that Stuckey is off the market and Joe won't trade him. Stuckey happens to be having his best year by far while looking for a new contract. Surprise. It still doesn't change that he's a terrible fit in this Frankenstein lineup Joe made, and this may be the only chance to get anything of value out of the failed experiment of him as a Piston. Joe won't do anything that might harm our chances at even one more win this year, despite the fact that we aren't a good team, have no chance at a championship, and would probably be better served tanking to keep our pick in an awesome draft than striving for a first round blowout with a sub .500 record.

Game 17 (12/1/13): 76ers @ Pistons

Posting this a little late, I'm sure nobody minds

Pistons win 115-100

Drummond with 31 points, 19 rebounds

Every starter played great except Monroe. But nobody is going to bash him like they do Smith.

Games like the Philly game is why I want the Pistons to trade Monroe.

He pouted the whole game and got himself thrown out, just because things weren't going his way.

I'm just sick of this guy crying 'and 1' every time he shoots a shot in the paint and whining to the refs, that's not going to help you get calls, Greg.

1 of Smith of Monroe needs to go, I like Greg's game but he seems to get shutdown every time he plays a team with a decent frontcourt.

Every starter played great except Monroe. But nobody is going to bash him like they do Smith.

yeah, Smith seems to be a scapegoat to alot of Pistons fans, and Monroe's bad attitude gets unnoticed.

I missed the game unfortunately, I generally don't comment on the games I don't see. Good to see Smith and Drummond had a dominant game, I wonder if we'll ever see all 3 bigs have a game like that at the same time, probably not.

To the point of Monroe not getting bashed like Smith:

Josh Smith was a bad signing. It's not to say he is a bad player, but he wasn't what this team needed. I think most people (including Joe D) knew this. It was a desperate move by a desperate GM. I know when I'm vocal about his bad games, it's stems from the fact that he shouldn't be here. If he could create his own shot, it would be an entirely different story I think. Add to the fact that Smith makes 3 times what Monroe makes, you tend to have different expectations of a player.

Last edited:
I missed the game unfortunately, I generally don't comment on the games I don't see. Good to see Smith and Drummond had a dominant game, I wonder if we'll ever see all 3 bigs have a game like that at the same time, probably not.

To the point of Monroe not getting bashed like Smith:

Josh Smith was a bad signing. It's not to say he is a bad player, but he wasn't what this team needed. I think most people (including Joe D) knew this. It was a desperate move by a desperate GM. I know when I'm vocal about his bad games, it's stems from the fact that he shouldn't be here. If he could create his own shot, it would be an entirely different story I think. Add to the fact that Smith makes 3 times what Monroe makes, you tend to have different expectations of a player.

Monroe is on a rookie contract of course it's not going to be as much as what Smith makes...

Monroe is on a rookie contract of course it's not going to be as much as what Smith makes...

And hes not extended, so obviously Joe doesn't think hes worth Smith money.

Some people see Smith as a desperation signing so Joe can keep his job, and thats fair. I look at it as Joe doesn't like what he sees in Monroe, so he signed Smith to replace him, with the intention of using Monroe (A recognized good big) for a shooter on the wing to replace if the 3 bigs can't work together well. And it looks like they can't, stemming from what somebody just said, "I wonder if all 3 will ever have a dominant game", they won't. 2 out the 3 will on any given night, but the 3 gets crowded out.

Monroe is done. I like him and he was the first glimmer of hope the pistons had, but we have better talent now and Drummond showed that he can develop his offensive game, showing a variety of post moves, not just the rim shaking dunks were accustomed to seeing. So Drummond is the franchise big. Joe D hit huge on his pick.

Obviously?? It doesn't change the point I made.

Some people see Smith as a desperation signing so Joe can keep his job, and thats fair. I look at it as Joe doesn't like what he sees in Monroe, so he signed Smith to replace him, with the intention of using Monroe (A recognized good big) for a shooter on the wing to replace if the 3 bigs can't work together well. And it looks like they can't, stemming from what somebody just said, "I wonder if all 3 will ever have a dominant game", they won't. 2 out the 3 will on any given night, but the 3 gets crowded out.

Well until he trades Monroe, the signing is bad. Joe doesn't have a good enough track record to just assume this was all part of his plan. For now it's just another Charlie V/Ben Gordon signing (Josh Smith is better than those two by far, before someone freaks out and thinks I'm comparing apples to apples).

Game 18 (12/3/13): Pistons @ Heat

The Pistons are going into Miami to face the defending champion Heat who have won 10 in a row.

I can only hope that the Pistons are at least competitive.

Only 3 minutes in and Drummond is making everyone look like boys. 6 rebounds...3 offensive. Sign this guy to a 12 year deal please.

*edit* ugh...2 quick fouls to make me shut my mouth.

Last edited:
Definitely out to a quick start, Pistons up 36-21 midway through the 2nd Q

Pistons snap the Heat's 10 game winning streak 107-97

7 Pistons in double digits

Drummond with 18 rebounds in 23 minutes

Last edited:
Back