Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

this team can't even tank right

Just when I thought they were going to tank for real, they go and blow it by winning.

Now tied with New York for the 9th worst record, 2 games ahead of Cleveland and Utah.

Just when I thought they were going to tank for real, they go and blow it by winning.

Now tied with New York for the 9th worst record, 2 games ahead of Cleveland and Utah.

Watch...they'll get the #9 pick in the draft and have to give it to the Bobcats.

Watch...they'll get the #9 pick in the draft and have to give it to the Bobcats.

Mediocrity really is the worst case scenario.

They either need to go on some miraculous run and end up in the bottom third of the 1st round, which would soften the blow of losing that 1st rounder (extremely unlikely) or they need to outright tank so they can keep that pick (Joe D probably gets fired in the process).

Anything in between will hurt the future of this team.

I'm not too knowledgeable about this team (I don't follow as much as I used to), but from a simplistic point of view (based on what I've heard/read) I look at it like this...

- Drummond is the centerpiece of this team and the closest thing they have to a "superstar", it's important to continue building around him
- Like it or not they're stuck with Josh Smith, I'm guessing he's next to impossible to move, they might as well move him back into his proper position
- I hear this upcoming draft is impressive in quality and depth, if they can keep their 2014 pick, they'll be in a good position to rebuild and grow
- In addition to keeping their pick, if they can get a 1st for Monroe they can get another player from this deep 2014 draft AND they can move Smith back
- Tanking would hopefully get rid of Dumars, this team has done nothing since the Iverson trade and living off the glory years has to come to an end
- I hear Mo Cheeks isn't all that good? Maybe tanking gets rid of him too
- The pick they traded to Charlotte is top 1 protected in 2015 and unprotected in 2016 so the pick is basically gone in 2015 if they don't give it away this year, 2015 is the year you make your run, not 2014

Does that about sum it up? or am I way off?

Mediocrity really is the worst case scenario.

They either need to go on some miraculous run and end up in the bottom third of the 1st round, which would soften the blow of losing that 1st rounder (extremely unlikely) or they need to outright tank so they can keep that pick (Joe D probably gets fired in the process).

Anything in between will hurt the future of this team.

I'm not too knowledgeable about this team (I don't follow as much as I used to), but from a simplistic point of view (based on what I've heard/read) I look at it like this...

- Drummond is the centerpiece of this team and the closest thing they have to a "superstar", it's important to continue building around him
- Like it or not they're stuck with Josh Smith, I'm guessing he's next to impossible to move, they might as well move him back into his proper position
- I hear this upcoming draft is impressive in quality and depth, if they can keep their 2014 pick, they'll be in a good position to rebuild and grow
- In addition to keeping their pick, if they can get a 1st for Monroe they can get another player from this deep 2014 draft AND they can move Smith back
- Tanking would hopefully get rid of Dumars, this team has done nothing since the Iverson trade and living off the glory years has to come to an end
- I hear Mo Cheeks isn't all that good? Maybe tanking gets rid of him too
- The pick they traded to Charlotte is top 1 protected in 2015 and unprotected in 2016 so the pick is basically gone in 2015 if they don't give it away this year, 2015 is the year you make your run, not 2014

Does that about sum it up? or am I way off?

That's it in a nutshell. The Pistons should be trying to trade CV and Stuckey to a team that wants to clear cap space this off season. To get the best return on Monroe I think they need to wait until the off season and do a sign and trade. My guess is Joe D knows his job is on the line and he won't do what is in the best interest for the long term but make decisions based on getting the team close to .500 to save his ass.

IDK what is worse, cancelling a professional sporting event because of 3 inches of snow or cancelling school for 3 days in a row because it is too cold....? People are soft nowadays...

IDK what is worse, cancelling a professional sporting event because of 3 inches of snow or cancelling school for 3 days in a row because it is too cold....? People are soft nowadays...

They don't have snow plows and salt trucks in Atlanta. As far as the cold weather, there are a lot of little kids that have to walk to school. It doesn't take long in -8 degree weather with high winds for a little kid to get frostbite. My guess is it is a liability thing.

They don't have snow plows and salt trucks in Atlanta. As far as the cold weather, there are a lot of little kids that have to walk to school. It doesn't take long in -8 degree weather with high winds for a little kid to get frostbite. My guess is it is a liability thing.

I was kind of kidding, but yeah for sure a liability thing. And the whole Atlanta thing was crazy. So many abandoned cars, my mothers good friend was stranded in her car for like 11 hours on the freeway.

Thaddeus Young has 4 steals in the first half, and continues to be on an absolute tear in that category as of late.

89-65 with 2:34 to go in the 3rd, the Sixers are clearly tanking, they play less defense than the Pistons...

Back