Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge signs with the Pirates

papacrick

Minor league deal only but this seems fitting. Another blue collar town just like Detroit. Could never see him playing for a glitzy team. Good luck on making the roster Inge!

Guys in the minors will be pitching him like he's freakin' Babe Ruth.

I didn't think you had sarcasm.

I was sarcastically referring to the (specific) time when Inge was struggling, that he claimed he was not seeing any fastballs, and that he was getting pitched like Babe Ruth.

Now fast forward to the minors when Brandon starts to struggle...

:cheers:

"I've always wanted to play in Pittsburgh for as long as I can remember," said Inge. "Detroit was never a fit for me. I think that I'm finally going to play to my true potential for the first time in my career. I hope that Andrew McCutcheon doesn't mind being a part-time player now that I have arrived. I think that I'm the instant second-best player in Pirates' history after Omar Moreno."

"I never understood my role as a Tiger," said Inge. "The Pirates get me and I have found my true home. They said that they were stunned that the Tigers let me go and that I lost my starting third base job to a guy who hadn't played the position for 8 seasons."

There is no way Pirates players said that to Inge. "Stunned that Miggy took his place."

"They're really cool," said Inge of his new teammates. "They are nothing like the teammates I had in Detroit, who always seems to keep at a distance, unless I was playing well. I didn't like them all that much, so it was very tempting for me to play poorly to keep them from pretending that I was one of them."

"I think I'm more a National Leaguer at heart," said Inge. "And the Pirates have had a lot of them on their team going all the way back to the beginning of the 20th century. I feel a kindred relationship with all who have played for the Pirates, going back to Honus Wagner, and I think I'm just as good as any of them."

Only took 4 of your posts before I realized you were joshing.

"And the Tigers' fans are ignorant slobs who know nothing about baseball at all." said Inge. "Pirates' fans are far more sophisticated and refined than the fans in Detroit. I know it will motivate me to finally give 100 percent effort on the field and at the plate. I struck out on purpose in the final out of the 2006 series because I had to pee real bad and Red Dawn was on TV in an hour. As a Pirate, I'll be sure to DVR it and I've perfected my bladder control under this new strength-training program that I did over the winter."

Back