Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU depth chart for WMU

presser said Maxwell will start and cook will get snaps

note no Reshke or Shane Jones, hopefully we can keep the red shirt on those guys. Jack Allen, Kitridge and LT are all injured and not listed

Allen will be back by game 3 or 4, France had beaten him out to start anyways, but Allen is going to be a valuable guy this year still.

Fonoti could probably play Friday if it were a more imprtant game, but they're resting him to be 100% in the near future, Clark has some starting experience in his place.

LT is out for a few games it looks like. Kittredge is still putting the weight back on that he lsot from surgery, he'll be in the rotation by week 4.

Langford won the starting RB spot, lots of speed there, guy can fly.

Denzel Drone is listed as a costarter with Rush and WDE, he's started before and has had a great camp to be able to challenge a great player like Rush.

The depth at LB and DB is incredible. The depth at DE is great too, need a healthy LT and Kittredge at DT for depth there, but the starters are very good.

Bottom line for the D is that I think our 2nd string defense could be in the top half of the B1G defenses. There are playmakers at every position in our 2 deep on defense. In fact there are a couple guys 3rd string on our defense who I think could start on some other B1G teams right now.

O line has some depth. WRs had better be improved. RB is going to be fine. TE is a question mark. It's all on the QB again for us. If we get improved QB play we'll be in the hunt for the B1G title.

Last edited:
Allen will be back by game 3 or 4, France had beaten him out to start anyways, but Allen is going to be a valuable guy this year still.

Fonoti could probably play Friday if it were a more imprtant game, but they're resting him to be 100% in the near future, Clark has some starting experience in his place.

LT is out for a few games it looks like. Kittredge is still putting the weight back on that he lsot from surgery, he'll be in the rotation by week 4.

Langford won the starting RB spot, lots of speed there, guy can fly.

Denzel Drone is listed as a costarter with Rush and WDE, he's started before and has had a great camp to be able to challenge a great player like Rush.

The depth at LB and DB is incredible. The depth at DE is great too, need a healthy LT and Kittredge at DT for depth there, but the starters are very good.

Bottom line for the D is that I think our 2nd string defense could be in the top half of the B1G defenses. There are playmakers at every position in our 2 deep on defense. In fact there are a couple guys 3rd string on our defense who I think could start on some other B1G teams right now.

O line has some depth. WRs had better be improved. RB is going to be fine. TE is a question mark. It's all on the QB again for us. If we get improved QB play we'll be in the hunt for the B1G title.

also, Muma listed as kicker, if that position was better last year we would have won more games. we just need our offense to be around 5th or 6th in the big ten, not 11th

4 of the 5 backups on the o-line are redshirt freshman - not what i would call depth. I hope you're right about RB but not sure how you're so convinced it will be "fine" and if it's all on the QB then we should really be concerned. But I don't think it is - it's all on the o-line - again. Let's hope they're much improved.

Last edited:
4 of the 5 backups on the o-line are redshirt freshman - not what i would call depth. I hope you're right about RB but not sure how you're so convinced it will be "fine" and if it's all on the QB then we should really be concerned. But I don't think it is - it's all on the o-line - again. Let's hope they're much improved.

On O line depth, I mean we have depth do the fact that 2 main guys are out this Friday and we have guys with ample starting experience in their spots. Henry Conway, another key backup is also going to miss a couple weeks. By the ND game we should have our starting 5 as Conklin, Treadwell, Jackson, France, Fonoti, with Allen, Clark, Conway, and Kruse being experienced backups, that's a fairly good situation. 3 out of our 5 O line starters should be All B1G candidates in Jackson, Treadwell, and Fonoti. France is a big guy at guard, and we've all heard the rave reviews of Conklin.

The biggest positives from camp for me are Conklin winning the starting LT job and Langford winnig the starting TB job. Langford has as much talent at RB as anyone, he's just an incredible athlete with blazing speed, word is that he finally learned to start running angry and is breaking tackles like a good back should.

On O line depth, I mean we have depth do the fact that 2 main guys are out this Friday and we have guys with ample starting experience in their spots. Henry Conway, another key backup is also going to miss a couple weeks. By the ND game we should have our starting 5 as Conklin, Treadwell, Jackson, France, Fonoti, with Allen, Clark, Conway, and Kruse being experienced backups, that's a fairly good situation. 3 out of our 5 O line starters should be All B1G candidates in Jackson, Treadwell, and Fonoti. France is a big guy at guard, and we've all heard the rave reviews of Conklin.

The biggest positives from camp for me are Conklin winning the starting LT job and Langford winnig the starting TB job. Langford has as much talent at RB as anyone, he's just an incredible athlete with blazing speed, word is that he finally learned to start running angry and is breaking tackles like a good back should.

With allen and fou injured and burkland retiring our depth evaporated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Enough already with this Fuo business. Guy was never more than mediocre. "Winning" a starting position on this line the last few years (esp the last 2) is only slightly more impressive than beating Stephen Hawking in a high jump competition. No offense to Stephen Hawking intended. Doesn't seem like Langford had much competition either for that matter. I am glad it was him and not Riley but I want to see what he does before getting too excited.

Last edited:
Enough already with this Fuo business. Guy was never more than mediocre. "Winning" a starting position on this line the last few years (esp the last 2) is only slightly more impressive than beating Stephen Hawking in a high jump competition. No offense to Stephen Hawking intended. Doesn't seem like Langford had much competition either for that matter. I am glad it was him and not Riley but I want to see what he does before getting too excited.

Fonoti was a great RT in 2011, he allowed 1 total sack the whole season and almost no QB pressures. Wasn't great as a run blocker, but was better than average, but he was one of the best pass blocking RTs in college football. Fou is very light on his feet and is a leader out there, he's only 6-4, but he has freakishly long arms.

Fonoti was a great RT in 2011, he allowed 1 total sack the whole season and almost no QB pressures. Wasn't great as a run blocker, but was better than average, but he was one of the best pass blocking RTs in college football. Fou is very light on his feet and is a leader out there, he's only 6-4, but he has freakishly long arms.

he supposedly has turf toe, he's on the depth chart as a co-starter.

He's been mediocre at best. What great defense did he face in 2011? He was an experienced transfer, not a freshman and only ended up ranked 3rd on that less than stellar line on a team that had a fairly stacked backfield, WRs and TEs - a lot easier to block for a multi-dimensional offense. Since losing all that offensive production, the line has been exposed. And sacks allowed is subjective, but it was actually 0, not 1 according to his bio on the MSU page. I hope he's improved and proves me wrong but my biggest concern for this team is the line, especially given all the question marks at skill positions.

Last edited:
are your starting OLs who aren't RS freshman all returning starters? that's at least something.

No. Dan France is the most experienced returning starter from last year - 11 games. Travis Jackson started 5 games at center and was good but suffered an injured knee and broken leg and missed the rest of the season. Fonoti broke his foot in practice before ND game and also missed the balance of the year. some lament the loss of Burkland this year (retirement due to injury) but he only cracked the startign lineup due to other guys getting injured.

Last edited:
No. Dan France is the most experienced returning starter from last year - 11 games. Travis Jackson started 5 games at center and was good but suffered an injured knee and broken leg and missed the rest of the season. Fonoti broke his foot in practice before ND game and also missed the balance of the year. some lament the loss of Burkland this year (retirement due to injury) but he only cracked the startign lineup due to other guys getting injured.

sounds like the coaches, players and fans will need to be patient with the offense, and not freak out as long as they make progress each week.

sounds like the coaches, players and fans will need to be patient with the offense, and not freak out as long as they make progress each week.

you'll have morons booing on Friday if we go 3 and out on our first drive.

He's been mediocre at best. What great defense did he face in 2011? He was an experienced transfer, not a freshman and only ended up ranked 3rd on that less than stellar line on a team that had a fairly stacked backfield, WRs and TEs - a lot easier to block for a multi-dimensional offense. Since losing all that offensive production, the line has been exposed. And sacks allowed is subjective, but it was actually 0, not 1 according to his bio on the MSU page. I hope he's improved and proves me wrong but my biggest concern for this team is the line, especially given all the question marks at skill positions.

Elite defenses? How about Georgia, Ohio State, and Notre Dame to name 3. Wisconsin and Nebraska had good pass rushes too. Fou is a stud at pass protection, he's athletic and light on his feet and does not give up sacks or hurries, period.

O line coach MArk Staten said Fou Fonoti is good to go, he's been hobbled some, but has been practicing lately. He'll play Friday night, although Clark might still get the start.

Elite defenses? How about Georgia, Ohio State, and Notre Dame to name 3. Wisconsin and Nebraska had good pass rushes too. Fou is a stud at pass protection, he's athletic and light on his feet and does not give up sacks or hurries, period.

Do you mean the OSU team that went 6-7, 3-5 in the B1G, gave up 40 to Michigan and lost to a 6-6 Florida team in a bowl game in 2011? That elite defense? Or the ND team that went 8-5 that year giving up 35 points to Michigan, also losing to South Florida and Florida State? That elite defense? Or the Georgia defense that didn't play Alabama that year but gave up 35, 45, 42 and 33 points in their 4 losses to every ranked team that they played? That elite defense? As for Nebraska and wisco's defense - hahaha. Suh and Watt were both already in the NFL.

Fou is an undersized, overrated, mediocre RT who got the start due to injuries. Period. Fortunately he will not have to face any elite defenses this year.

Last edited:
Back