Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU depth chart for WMU

Do you mean the OSU team that went 6-7, 3-5 in the B1G, gave up 40 to Michigan and lost to a 6-6 Florida team in a bowl game in 2011? That elite defense? Or the ND team that went 8-5 that year giving up 35 points to Michigan, also losing to South Florida and Florida State? That elite defense? Or the Georgia defense that didn't play Alabama that year but gave up 35, 45, 42 and 33 points in their 4 losses to every ranked team that they played? That elite defense? As for Nebraska and wisco's defense - hahaha. Suh and Watt were both already in the NFL.

Fou is an undersized, overrated, mediocre RT who got the start due to injuries. Period. Fortunately he will not have to face any elite defenses this year.

Now you're just trolling.

You do realize that OSU, Georgia, Nebraska, and ND all had NFL caliber players at WDE and/or WLB that Fou's responsibility was to block. The guy gave up zero sacks against several future NFL players, zero. What more did you want? He can't give up negative sacks.

Now you're just trolling.

You do realize that OSU, Georgia, Nebraska, and ND all had NFL caliber players at WDE and/or WLB that Fou's responsibility was to block. The guy gave up zero sacks against several future NFL players, zero. What more did you want? He can't give up negative sacks.

So refuting blanket statements with facts is "trolling". Classic. Please give me the names of these NFL studs that Fou dominated after "earning" the starting RT spot due to injury so I can "troll" some more facts for you...

Last edited:
For Georgia, Cornelius Washington(Bears) was Fou's man that Bowl game, but Jarvis Jones(Steelers) did lineup on that side several times, DeAngelo Tyson(Ravens) was the 3-4 End that played on that side, no sacks allowed.

For Ohio State, John Simon (Ravens), helped on Hankins(Giants) too, no sacks allowed.

Notre Dame, Kapron Lewis-Moore (Ravens) lined up against Fou all game, zero sacks.

Nebraska, helped on Crick (Texans), The DE he blocked, Ankrah, was pretty good too, no sacks allowed.

Wisconsin had Louis Nzegwu playing on that side, he now plays for the Carolina Panthers, zero sacks in 2 games against Fou.

That's a mess of good NFL talent that Fou shut down. But, I don't care if he was shuttiing down junior college players, 0 sacks is still the best you can do.

Notre Dame, Kapron Lewis-Moore (Ravens) lined up against Fou all game, zero sacks.

I'll address the others in a bit but this is too easy and too funny.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here w/ 6th round draft picks - has KLM made the roster? Besides, it's kind of difficult for the 6th round draft pick to be Fou's "all game" considering Fou didn't get in the game until Burkland got hurt so Fou only had him for a half at most. And KLM never had more than 2 sacks in a season prior to 2011 in which he tallied 1.5 in 7 games. And before you come back with WLB Prince Shembo, he didn't play against MSU in 2011.

Last edited:
I'll address the others in a bit but this is too easy and too funny.

Kind of difficult for KLM to be Fou's "all game" considering Fou didn't get in the game until Burkland got hurt. So Fou only had him for a half at most. And before you come back with WLB Prince Shembo, he didn't play against MSU in 2011.

How many sacks did he give up to KLM in the 2nd half? Zero. How many sacks did he give up to anyone? Zero. And he played against plenty of NFL talent and plenty of quality D1 players. Heck, if he would have given up 4 or 5 sacks all year, he'd still have been quite an effective RT considering he was thrust into the job, but he gave up zero, zilch, nada. It's like saying a perfect game in baseball is an overrated performance, it doesn't get better than zero sacks allowed.

How many sacks did he give up to KLM in the 2nd half? Zero. How many sacks did he give up to anyone? Zero. And he played against plenty of NFL talent and plenty of quality D1 players. Heck, if he would have given up 4 or 5 sacks all year, he'd still have been quite an effective RT considering he was thrust into the job, but he gave up zero, zilch, nada. It's like saying a perfect game in baseball is an overrated performance, it doesn't get better than zero sacks allowed.

Wow, zero sacks in a half against a guy who never had more than 2 in a season. I'm surprised he didn't win the Outland Trophy. Draft picks and "NFL talent" are not the same thing. This is beginning to sound like the Johnny Adams argument from the ESPN board.

Wow, zero sacks in a half against a guy who never had more than 2 in a season. I'm surprised he didn't win the Outland Trophy. Draft picks and "NFL talent" are not the same thing. This is beginning to sound like the Johnny Adams argument from the ESPN board.

0 sacks in a season. In that regard no one was better at his job than Fou was. Fou's probably not an NFL draft pick, but to think he isn't a very good college RT is crazy.

For Georgia, Cornelius Washington(Bears) was Fou's man that Bowl game, but Jarvis Jones(Steelers) did lineup on that side several times, DeAngelo Tyson(Ravens) was the 3-4 End that played on that side, no sacks allowed.

CW - also a 6th round pick who, according to georgiadogs.com 2011 depth chart, lined up on the right side, not the left. Also, CW tallied a career total 10.5 sacks at Georgia (2009-2012 he had 4/1/5/.5 -but again, from the right side). On the left they had then-sophomore Garrison Smith - his career sack total so far? 1 in 2012. As for DeAngelo Tyson, he recorded ZERO sacks in 2011, he did have 1.5 in 2010 though. I'm not even going to respond to your Jarvis Jones comment except to say I'm surprised you didn't highlight the number of times Fou took on Cornelius, DeAngelo and Jarvis at the same time without yielding a single sack.

Fou is starting to look like the Johnny Adams of the offensive line. Should I keep going?

Last edited:
Wisconsin had Louis Nzegwu playing on that side, he now plays for the Carolina Panthers, zero sacks in 2 games against Fou.

hmmmmm. Undrafted, Mr Nzegwu does NOT play for the Panthers, never has and probably never will. You see, the Panthers recently cut him. And are you sure this beast lined up on the left? Because 1 of his 4.5 sacks in 2011 came against MSU. Half of his 2011 total came against UNLV - who was the running rebels' tackle whose Outland trophy hopes were shattered by big Lou?

Last edited:
Last edited:
In that regard no one was better? That is such a silly statement. You'd think the guy was an All-American - he wasn't even honorable mention All B1G.

IS he a good player? Yes. Is he the best op[tion we have at RT? Yes. Does he improve the team when he plays? Yes. No one is saying the guy is Orlando Pace, but he's been a very good player for us and we're better with him.

Nebraska, helped on Crick (Texans), The DE he blocked, Ankrah, was pretty good too, no sacks allowed.

How did he help on Crick? Did he get him a glass of water on the sidelines? Because Crick's season ended 3 weeks before the MSU/neb game - after he had amassed a not-so-impressive 22 tackles and 1 sack in his first 6 games. Ankrah, a sophomore had 1 sack in 12 games in 2011 - it was against Chattanooga. Don't bother looking for their names anywhere on the all conf link i sent you - they're not on there.

This is getting really, really funny.

Last edited:
IS he a good player? Yes. Is he the best op[tion we have at RT? Yes. Does he improve the team when he plays? Yes. No one is saying the guy is Orlando Pace, but he's been a very good player for us and we're better with him.

Hang on a second here. Now he's just a "good" player? You said Fou was a "great" RT because he gave up only 1 sack (but it was really 0). I said that stat was subjective and Fou didn't face any elite defenses to which you responded that Fou is a "stud at pass protection" and that he faced at least 3 elite units in GA, ND and OSU and Neb and Wisc also had good pass rushes. When I demonstrated that those defenses were, in fact, NOT elite you accused me of "trolling" and listed a "whole mess of NFL talent" that Fou shut down. Well, only one of the guys you named has actually made an nfl roster and only two of them had 5 or more sacks in 2011 (the rest had less than 3). One played on the right side and the other was an interior lineman so it's unclear that Fou ever blocked either one.

Is he bad. I hope not, but my personal assessment after watching every MSU game in 2011 (most of them twice or more) is that he is mediocre. There is a reason a guy who gave up 0 sacks in a season doesn't even make honorable mention all-conference and was rated only the 3rd best lineman on his own team. I will however, agree with your conclusion that right now, it looks like he is the best option we have at RT but that's not saying a whole lot.

Last edited:
Back