Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

All In for Wisconsin?

jwlcosu

We're one big band of B1G Brothers now, gang. Easy to get behind the Badgers among this Final 4 grouping, no? On Wisconsin!

I wouldn't mind if Florida cut down the nets, billy Donovan is a good guy. I will be cheering for Wisc though.

Not me. I live in Madison. According to the city, as of this morning, the N. Texas nets are already on showcase at the Kohl Center. The "insufferability" quotient is at orange verging upon red. UK by 25, please.

B10 of course, On Wisconsin! I m tired of hearing about SEC football blah blah, last thing I need to hear is how great they are in hoops or B10 hasnt won a NC in 14 years.

Last edited:
By process of elimination, yes.

Florida and the SEC slobber fest ...
Kentuckys coach is a scumbag ...
UConn co-worker already running mouth will just worsen ...

Enough friends and respect for UW as a school, though as a fan base they're as obnoxious as they come ...

Definitely won't go out of my way to watch the games

screw wisconsin and Bo Ryan

I'll pull for Uconn, we don't really recruit against them

M is out of the tourney and McNeese State could win it for all I care. Not a vicarious fan and I don't get anyone who is. UConn is the last team left in my draft pool and I don't even care if it wins because no money is involved.

Last edited:
I already won my pool because only UF is left and we few left all have them in the NC game.

Guys with M, Duke, KU, Lville, AZ and MSU winning it all ...we're all done (smaller pool)

some may feel differently but I don't get the idea of cheering for the big ten, wanting your rivals to win. I want MSU to win now and in the future. If I have to choose between Florida or Wisconsin, I'll pick florida since it minimizes the recruiting boost that Wisconsin would get, therefore making wins for MSU tougher.

If MSU won, I would have wanted Michigan or Wisconsin in the final since it would increase our chances of winning the title vs Arizona or KY which I think would be tougher opponents.

I'm not a big ten fan, I'm a fan of my school.

I don't automatically root for the Big Ten in every instance when my team is out, but I do more often than not. Sometimes I'll root against teams that I dislike for a particular reason, be they Big Ten teams or from some other conference. Conference perception is important and does affect recruiting to some extent. If the Big Ten isn't relevant on the national stage it increases the chances that some Midwestern recruit looks at that and says, "wow, the Big Ten is lame, but these ACC battles are something else. I want to be a part of that". I'm certain the SEC is benefitting from this to some extent in football.

However, should Wisconsin win, you won't see me going onto message boards screaming BIG TEN!! with my chest out.

Conference Fandom is a fabricated by product of ESPN sucking off the SEC.

When LSU beat Ohio in the BCS title game, their team and fans chanted S-E-C!

I guarantee when Michigan wins a title, nobody will be chanting jack shit about the BigTen. So stupid ....but hey, if you are from SECland, not much else to brag about beyond football.

I guarantee when Michigan wins a title, nobody will be chanting jack shit about the BigTen. So stupid ....but hey, if you are from SECland, not much else to brag about beyond football.

that's because "confederacy" doesn't roll off the tongue like SEC

It also allows fans at places like Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi State, etc. to delude themselves into thinking if they were in the Big Ten they'd be a contender. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It also allows fans at places like Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi State, etc. to delude themselves into thinking if they were in the Big Ten they'd be a contender. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

they're still fighting the civil war

On Wisconsin! Ive had family members attend so I am taking the liberty of jumping on their bandwagon. How the F did we lose again??

On Wisconsin! Ive had family members attend so I am taking the liberty of jumping on their bandwagon. How the F did we lose again??

It will kill me to see them win it all since we handled them easily a few weeks ago

some may feel differently but I don't get the idea of cheering for the big ten, wanting your rivals to win. I want MSU to win now and in the future. If I have to choose between Florida or Wisconsin, I'll pick florida since it minimizes the recruiting boost that Wisconsin would get, therefore making wins for MSU tougher.

If MSU won, I would have wanted Michigan or Wisconsin in the final since it would increase our chances of winning the title vs Arizona or KY which I think would be tougher opponents.

I'm not a big ten fan, I'm a fan of my school.

Exactly. I hate most other teams in the big ten, I will almost never root for Michigan, IU, OSU, WIS in the tournament or bowl games. I do however root for Northwestern always when we don't play them.

Unfortunately I will have to root for UW, I need either UK/UW to beat Florida in the title game to win $60 in my pool. I hate UK and their slimeball Calipari more than The Grinch Bo Ryan.

Last edited:
Back