Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should There be a Separate Board for Anti-Religion

jwlcosu

So that the intolerant can rub themselves and one another?

528439_10151464268015155_2027094077_n.jpg

There should be a separate board for douchebags from *ohio

Intolerant? How many of us have been intolerant? We may joke and debate, but none of us are intolerant. It's only when your faith starts making its way into laws that we have to live with that you hear us complain. Oh, and when a government entity appears to endorse a religion.

Intolerant? How many of us have been intolerant? We may joke and debate, but none of us are intolerant. It's only when your faith starts making its way into laws that we have to live with that you hear us complain. Oh, and when a government entity appears to endorse a religion.

How about you discuss it with the people who make it into laws. No one on here has any say.

wow, talk about things that don't make sense. that has to be the worst poster for atheism ever. I'm sure there are better ones. someone has to have come up with a better quote than that at a minimum.

you don't have to be atheist to be upset with religion being involved with laws or the government endorsement of a religion. separation of church and state needs to be as close to 100% as possible in my opinion too.

however, there are several things found within religion that are just morally right, so there has to be some grey in this as well. murder, theft, rape, and other crimes are morally, ethically, and religiously wrong, so OBVIOUSLY some things will be in both religion and government.

wow, talk about things that don't make sense. that has to be the worst poster for atheism ever. I'm sure there are better ones. someone has to have come up with a better quote than that at a minimum.

How about this...

7c5982ae4a5b319236816d4670a0a81c42a25f09a343d5ce79982f5518329365.jpg

or...

atheist.jpeg

or this...

large.jpg

BUT DON'T WORRY....

d27ab1c5f4f1a9260f98c1ae8432fe6f.jpg

you don't have to be atheist to be upset with religion being involved with laws or the government endorsement of a religion. separation of church and state needs to be as close to 100% as possible in my opinion too.

however, there are several things found within religion that are just morally right, so there has to be some grey in this as well. murder, theft, rape, and other crimes are morally, ethically, and religiously wrong, so OBVIOUSLY some things will be in both religion and government.

Obviously I agree with you, but we don't get laws against murder, theft, rape just from religion. They're common sense laws. I'm talking about crosses on government buildings, ten commandments in a court room, and creating laws against things like gay marriage that are not borne from common sense, but religion.

I have no problem with common sense laws that also agree with religion. No problem whatsoever.

Obviously I agree with you, but we don't get laws against murder, theft, rape just from religion. They're common sense laws. I'm talking about crosses on government buildings, ten commandments in a court room, and creating laws against things like gay marriage that are not borne from common sense, but religion.

I have no problem with common sense laws that also agree with religion. No problem whatsoever.

You mean like happy holidays in a Wal-Mart rather than Merry Christmas? There are more that believe than don't so why shouldn't there be crosses on govt. buildings? As far as a court room, thou shalt not kill isn't just common sense laws which is why the ten commandments should stay in the court room.

Why is it that minority groups always want it their way? You already removed God and religious from so many things already.

Oh no a kid says God in school or made a quiet prayer to himself, suspend him.

Bunch of bullshit.

You mean like happy holidays in a Wal-Mart rather than Merry Christmas? There are more that believe than don't so why shouldn't there be crosses on govt. buildings? As far as a court room, thou shalt not kill isn't just common sense laws which is why the ten commandments should stay in the court room.

Why is it that minority groups always want it their way? You already removed God and religious from so many things already.

Bunch of bullshit.

I have no problem with people saying Merry Christmas. I celebrate it, just not the religious traditions. I think some people are overly sensitive on this issue. Now, if an employer forces an employee to say Merry Christmas, that's another story.

Putting a cross on a government building is wrong. Would you like to know why? How would you like to be a defendant in court and see the crescent moon of Islam and nothing that represents you? The judge may even have a quote from Muhammad. How would you like it if the star of david was plastered on the side of the white house? The symbols mean something, like it or not. It means that that certain building or government agency endorses one religion over the other. If there is equal representation, I probably wouldn't mind. Still don't think the government or tax payer funded entities should endorse any religion or non-religion, but whatever.

I have no problem with a kid praying in school. No problem. I DO have a problem with a teacher or school promoting a religion or forcing other kids to pray. I also have a problem with a school disciplining a kid for using god in a report or praying out loud (unless it is disrupting class).

I don't speak for all atheists, but most that I know of actually agree with everything I said. If you watch Fox Noise, everything you just said to me is exactly what they say about us. It's not true, but that doesn't matter to anyone.

And for the record, just because there are more that believe than not, that does not make the majority right. If that's the case, Republicans should just go away, gay marriage should be legal, weed should be legal. Because the minority has no right to want it their way and keep pushing to get their own way. Right? That's basically what you said.

Bunch of bullshit.

So you're saying the majority should get their way and the minorities should just deal with it? Why not make it fair for everyone, and remove personal beliefs from government places.

Your argument about walmart greeters is dumb. Why offend some people, even if their in the minority, by saying merry christmas, than no people at all by saying happy holidays. Does happy holidays offend you? It's meant to be neutral and to try to make everyone happy, but you don't care....fuck everyone else right?

Also you mention "thou shalt not kill" But according to most bible scholars it's actually "thou shall not murder" Because the bible okays plenty of killing, read leviticus some time.

I have no problem with people saying Merry Christmas. I celebrate it, just not the religious traditions. I think some people are overly sensitive on this issue. Now, if an employer forces an employee to say Merry Christmas, that's another story.

Putting a cross on a government building is wrong. Would you like to know why? How would you like to be a defendant in court and see the crescent moon of Islam and nothing that represents you? The judge may even have a quote from Muhammad. How would you like it if the star of david was plastered on the side of the white house? The symbols mean something, like it or not. It means that that certain building or government agency endorses one religion over the other. If there is equal representation, I probably wouldn't mind. Still don't think the government or tax payer funded entities should endorse any religion or non-religion, but whatever.

I have no problem with a kid praying in school. No problem. I DO have a problem with a teacher or school promoting a religion or forcing other kids to pray. I also have a problem with a school disciplining a kid for using god in a report or praying out loud (unless it is disrupting class).

I don't speak for all atheists, but most that I know of actually agree with everything I said. If you watch Fox Noise, everything you just said to me is exactly what they say about us. It's not true, but that doesn't matter to anyone.

And for the record, just because there are more that believe than not, that does not make the majority right. If that's the case, Republicans should just go away, gay marriage should be legal, weed should be legal. Because the minority has no right to want it their way and keep pushing to get their own way. Right? That's basically what you said.

This website tells me a lot. It tells me that you get bother by the cross and the commandments and religion as a whole.

It tells me that it's not okay for a govt to use the word God.

It's shows that when you say you're bothered only when religion "forces" it's way into laws you're lying. Because a cross on building isn't about the law.

So you're saying the majority should get their way and the minorities should just deal with it? Why not make it fair for everyone, and remove personal beliefs from government places.

Your argument about walmart greeters is dumb. Why offend some people, even if their in the minority, by saying merry christmas, than no people at all by saying happy holidays. Does happy holidays offend you? It's meant to be neutral and to try to make everyone happy, but you don't care....fuck everyone else right?

Also you mention "thou shalt not kill" But according to most bible scholars it's actually "thou shall not murder" Because the bible okays plenty of killing, read leviticus some time.

Why should they? You get bent out of shape because a govt building has a cross on it or money has GOD on it?

If I'm not suppose to be offended by things like Wal-Mart greeters than maybe you shouldn't be effected by the above sentence which doesn't effect your like at all. It's almost like you want the cross to be removed just for the hell of it.

Ummm...that's old testament. It doesn't count. duh.

:hehe:

Why should they? You get bent out of shape because a govt building has a cross on it or money has GOD on it?

The word "God" did not appear on US currency before 1864 (paper money in 1957), why was it necessary to add it?

This website tells me a lot. It tells me that you get bother by the cross and the commandments and religion as a whole.

It tells me that it's not okay for a govt to use the word God.

It's shows that when you say you're bothered only when religion "forces" it's way into laws you're lying. Because a cross on building isn't about the law.

1. There is a separation of church and state, guaranteed by our constitution. Or do you just ignore that part?

2. See #1

3. See #1

The government should not endorse or promote any religion or non-religion. Period. Anyone who is offended by Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy (insert religious holiday) should have their fucking heads checked. It's not an insult, but a way to wish someone well.

Back