Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who will be UM's leading RB this year?

deathroh

Note, this isn't who you think will start game 1, but who will be the main back over the course of the season.

I kept Thomas Rawls off the list because I didn't want a 100% to 0 result, but feel free to write him in.

Seriously though I think Hopkins will see most of his time at FB....and there is so much potential outside of that, that it's really hard to predict.

I could make the case for any of the mentioned players to win the starting job. If healthy though I think Toussaint has the most potential to be a pretty good player, not to mention the starter.

I think Hopkins is the power guy that can go between the tackles. That's what Hoke wants out there. Physical line, power running game. We'll see.

I agree Jever, and would probably make Hopkins the favorite, but his lack of speed scares me a little bit. In the end I think a guy who can break the big run like Fitz or Shaw will emerge as the top guy.

I hope its fitz bc he has so much natural ability he just needs to defeat the injury bug. I'm going to have to say Shaw gets the majority of the carries this year. He runs incredibly hard and we are looking for a more balanced / time eating offense.. I think he fits the business model.

I picked Fitz. I've felt good about him from the git-go.

I would have picked Rawls because, as everyone knows, he's going to win 15 Heismans.

I'm guessing Shaw, just for the experience that he brings. Granted, most of his experiences weren't great, but who's were these last 3 seasons?

Hoke is all about the seniors. I'd be shocked if shaw didn't start. As long as he stays healthy, he'll be the leading rusher.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Hoke is all about the seniors. I'd be shocked if shaw didn't start. As long as he stays healthy, he'll be the leading rusher.

Ah, see there, you had some inside info. That would make sense since he's such a traditionalist.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Hoke is all about the seniors. I'd be shocked if shaw didn't start. As long as he stays healthy, he'll be the leading rusher.

Ah, see there, you had some inside info. That would make sense since he's such a traditionalist.

IMO if no one breaks free of the pack of RBs, Shaw will start. I'm hoping Hopkins pulls ahead though.

I voted Shaw...although Mike Cox is my boy!

I wanna hear the stadium chanting "mike cox!".

I can hear it now. "Let's goo. My cocks!"

I have to go with shaw. He hasn't been the most impressive back that we have, but in my opinion, he just isn't a great spread back. I think he will be far more successful behind a pro system. Along with that, I love the way that this guy plays when he decides to. He is really edgy and that is fun to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix8LT6IrWIY

This may be the biggest reason why I like him. (Im sure that even though he wont admit it, Hoke probably loved seeing this too).

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]wouldn't it be mike ox?

I guess if you say it with a scottish accent it sounds more like My cocks.

Back