Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who will be UM's leading RB this year?

Pardon the pun, but Shaw seems to be running away with this poll. Glad it's not cox. I don't really want to put cox and poll in the same sentence.

Cox did show some nice ability on that long run in the Spring Game, but I think right now the only two guys we've seen enough from in real game action are Smith and Shaw. I don't think Hoke's overly enamored with either of those two. Vincent Smith's days as the feature UM back are hopefully over. Shaw can produce in a prostyle offense, but not as well I think as before. I guess it all depends on how much spread is brought into Borges' hybrid spread/prostyle offense with Denard. In terms of measurables only, Hopkins is the guy. I'm not worried about the breakaway speed b/c at 230 pounds, it's not necessary. If Hopkins has the vision and the balance to go with his size, I think he gets the nod.

Jever4321 said:
Pardon the pun, but Shaw seems to be running away with this poll. Glad it's not cox. I don't really want to put cox and poll in the same sentence.

lol nice,

But seriously I could make an argument that Cox will start - who knows. I mean he was one of the few players recruited to run in a pro-style system for Lloyd and he's shown flashes, just like some of the others, of being great.

Denard Robinson

Really though I want it to be Toussaint or Hopkins. I like their running style

Back