Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oakland on the verge of Trading for Palmer

tbone413

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/711815....ls-sources-say
Wow...Palmer for two first round picks?? I dunno..that seems like a steep price to pay for a 30+ year old QB who has seemed to be digressing the past few years..

It does make the Raiders a better team though - legit contenders for the AFC West at the very least.

Still I donnt know..seems like a lot to give up for Oakland

Carson Palmer - QB - Raiders

Raiders acquired QB Carson Palmer from the Bengals in exchange for a first-round pick in 2012 and a conditional first-round pick in 2013.

Jeeze...are we sure Al Davis is dead? This seems like a deal he would make.

Damn. And I'm not sure it makes Oakland better. Palmer is going to be rusty and I don't think he's that good anyway. Their backups must absolutely blow to go this route. I bet those Cincy fans are happy.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Damn. And I'm not sure it makes Oakland better. Palmer is going to be rusty and I don't think he's that good anyway. Their backups must absolutely blow to go this route. I bet those Cincy fans are happy.

Kyle Boller and Terrell Pryor......blow.....I'd say so

Palmer knows the offense , and Oaklands probably going to win 8 - 10 games , so its probably a mid first this year.

still steep I guess.

I wonder if Mayhew tried to trade them Stanton? Get our 2nd back.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I wonder if Mayhew tried to trade them Stanton? Get our 2nd back.

I would give up a 2nd for Stanton before I even consider two first for Palmer. Al may be gone but his legacy lives on

I'm glad they traded for Palmer, simply because Boller is complete trash.. It's a low risk/high reward move and they have nothing to lose at this point.. Not like anyone thinks they will be a factor anyways... I certainly think they have a shot at a wild card now.. GO RAIDERS!!

The thing is, they've been trading 1st round picks away for the last few years, and I don't think it makes a huge difference.. They have some young talent to build around and the main needs for them were CB, WR and QB and it doesn't look like they would get a high enough draft pick to have an impact player from any of the positions.. All three are fairly thin in this upcoming and next drafts.. Top heavy certainly, but not that deep either..

tigers99888 said:
The thing is, they've been trading 1st round picks away for the last few years, and I don't think it makes a huge difference..

Yeah because Oakland has been very competitive?

They lost their QB and panic'd. I bet they didn't even try offering a 2nd and just went with the first rounder. A QB that Cincy no longer wanted/needed sitting on his ass and you couldn't just get him for a 2? I don't buy it.

They weren't going to get anything with those picks to satisfy their needs... I believe one of the 1st round were a lower 1st round anyways.. I actually think Palmer has some left in the tank, but they need a decent #1 WR or Te.. Zach Miller was a HUGE loss..

I'll say this though, if they keep trotting Boller out there, the Lions will have a free win in Oakland..

Palmer looked terrible. And how is it low risk high reward? They gave up 2 1st rd picks lol

Yeah, lmao. Palmer was worse than Bowler and i thought that impossible.

dude was at practice for 3 days...knew 1/4 of the playbook and hardly any blocking schemes

Palmer will be fine....still though 2 firsts is a steep rprice.

I'm almost lost in fantasy because of the cheifs defense. A shut out, 6ints, 2tds. The guy had 90pts just with that and rodgers.

I agree 2 firsts is a joke, but I think looking at the prospects in the next 2 years.. It looks mediocre.. You could kind of see why they did it, but still doesn't look good overall.. I think you have to give Palmer some time before declaring him a bum, which Boller certainly is.. And apparently, they don't think too highly of Campbell either..

What about what's his name who was injured? Is going to be the starter next season? He had a decent season going. And its way too early to prospects are mediocre. The Raiders will probably pick between 15-20. You can get a good player at that spot.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]What about what's his name who was injured? Is going to be the starter next season? He had a decent season going. And its way too early to prospects are mediocre. The Raiders will probably pick between 15-20. You can get a good player at that spot.
Campbell is simply a Trent Dilfer with a strong arm.. Nothing more than a game manager.. Plays too scared to be a plus QB.. I think his time in Washington ruined him..

Back