Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 5

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Gotta beat this freakin' team.

mitch, I don't think the royals are the slouches most think, at least with the offense, some good outfield arms too, iirc all three of starters are in top 5/6 in of assists. Their problems are with pitching.
Tigers just need to keep taking series 2 out of 3, 3 out of 4 or st worst split the 4 game series.

That's why I say we have to beat this freakin' team. Its a team that could beat us but you still have to win against these last place teams.

Go Tigers'

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That's why I say we have to beat this freakin' team. Its a team that could beat us but you still have to win against these last place teams.

Go Tigers'

I agree, Tigers have to have the foot on these teams throats and beat them. This road trip with the royals and orioles, Tigers have to kick ass.

Hopefully Texas helps us out over the next couple days. Should take 2/3 from KC if the O decides to show up this week.

mhughes, the video you have there is too funny. lol.
is there a story behind it? you and your gf, or something you found.

lol ya awesome isnt it! KC if i did that to my mexican wifey, my balls would be chopped off and made into pico de gallo. Its from some web blog....this couple pranks each other non stop.

jimmygank said:
The tigers "A" lineup...although Jackson has his detractors.

I guess one of those detractors would be me, I want to like Ajax, and respect his defense a lot, but his strikeouts are killing us, I would like to see him get more time off with his injury and give dirks a shot, who outhits Jackson anyhow.

Minus a few trivial points of obp.

Overall I like this lineup as our regular lineup.

jimmygank said:
tigers need a 6-3 road stint here.

as long as those three losses don't come to the indians...yes. i agree. lol

lol completely unrelated to game thread but I was wondering how laird had done this season....

naturally he's barely played but upon looking at his career numbers it shows just how startlingly bad Inge's season was...

for as bad as laird was in 2010 his OPS was still a good 80 pts better than Inge's this year.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That's why I say we have to beat this freakin' team. Its a team that could beat us but you still have to win against these last place teams.

Go Tigers'

Every divisional game is a must win I know that probably is impossible but winning every series is possible

jimmygank said:
lol completely unrelated to game thread but I was wondering how laird had done this season....

naturally he's barely played but upon looking at his career numbers it shows just how startlingly bad Inge's season was...

for as bad as laird was in 2010 his OPS was still a good 80 pts better than Inge's this year.

He got into a fight yesterday with Molina in the hotel lobby.

Weaver pitching tonight for the Angels, anyone know when the appeals boards is supposed to rule on his suspension?

Just got done watching the life and times of Hank Greenberg. All pumped up to watch some tiger baseball.

manchild98 said:
Let's hope Porcello can get another win.

definitely....5 consecutive solid outings for porcello.

Been somewhat overlooked given JV and all. all in all Rick has been very solid outside of 3 horrendous June starts.

Back