Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 5

Would really, really, really like some more runs.

Not saying that we can't hold them scoreless but.......wait...I guess I am saying that.

If the Royals get some pitching the Royals could be good in a year or two.

This is much better than those new joke ESPN boards.. Can I fucking curse now?

Porcello is dialed in.. Maybe he's putting something together here... Wish the Tigers would get more runs though..

People haven't been patient enough with Porcello, he's in a good stretch here right now and it's easy to say it right now, but this guy has the potential to be a very good #2 in this league. Sure he could have a bad stretch here soon, but he has great stuff. I said it before and I'll say it again, you don't have to throw 96 to have great stuff.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]If the Royals get some pitching the Royals could be good in a year or two.

They have a heck of a farm, but who knows which players will make it in the majors.

The Royals don't seem like they want to spend money to get veteran players to compliment their younger ones.

johnny2x2x said:
People haven't been patient enough with Porcello, he's in a good stretch here right now and it's easy to say it right now, but this guy has the potential to be a very good #2 in this league. Sure he could have a bad stretch here soon, but he has great stuff. I said it before and I'll say it again, you don't have to throw 96 to have great stuff.
I think the problem is that he was just brought up to early.. He used to have 3 pitches and could throw mid 90s coming out of HS, then he was brought up and has been developed into a ground ball pitcher so far... He was projected to be an ace and now he's looking only like a solid 2 or 3 so far.. I think that's the reason people are starting to get impatient.. Should have waited a year to bring him up IMO..

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Mitch":numjcn2v]If the Royals get some pitching the Royals could be good in a year or two.

They have a heck of a farm, but who knows which players will make it in the majors.

The Royals don't seem like they want to spend money to get veteran players to compliment their younger ones.[/quote:numjcn2v]

From an outsiders perspective feels like the farm is heavy on bats as well....I know one of their top arms just got hurt too.

May have to deal one of the position guys to get a respectable pitcher....but of course they had one in grienke.

johnny2x2x said:

No, but Porcello's problem is when his Sinker does not drop he gets lit up. He really does not have great secondary pitches to fall back on when his #1 is not on, that's why he seems to be untouchable at time, and like he's throwing BP others.

Seems like lately he has his sinker doing what he wants, and getting him easy ground balls.

Hopefully he can keep it up through the playoffs.

F'king Rangers suck.

6-1 Indians and still in the 2nd.

Looks like this is the place for the Tigers game thread(s).
I had a neighbor from 6 to 8 and then sending inbox message to several more posters at our espn board.
Tiger99888, Justinrose, and Demmy, TigerMud should be in the house now.

Back