Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 6

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Leyland said he's mapped out pitching for rest of season & Verlander is scheduled for 11 more starts including Thursday in cleveland.

Verlander is 12-2 with a 2.31 ERA in 18 career starts vs. the Royals. Since the start of the 2006 season, Verlander leads all active major-league pitchers with 12 victories, a 2.31 ERA and 110 strikeouts against the Royals.

Should be an easy win but I hate looking past the Royals.

from August 4 :
how the AL Central has stacked up since May 4, via Baseball Reference

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Verlander is 12-2 with a 2.31 ERA in 18 career starts vs. the Royals. Since the start of the 2006 season, Verlander leads all active major-league pitchers with 12 victories, a 2.31 ERA and 110 strikeouts against the Royals.

Hopefully JV pitches like JV again tonight. I'll be watching at a bar tonight.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Raburn at third could be brutal.

I gotta admit...hes found his bat the last couple weeks. And drove in some important runs. But ya...the hot corner with a hot mess of a glove isnt too exciting.

Tigers' Justin Verlander is eight strikeouts shy of passing Denny McLain for ninth-most in club history with 1,151.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Leyland said he's mapped out pitching for rest of season & Verlander is scheduled for 11 more starts including Thursday in cleveland.

He's looking at 23 wins then. This might be the best Tiger season for a SP since McLain in 1968.

JV No hitter through 0!

laugh.png

Hope Guillen and Raburn can find a way to get on base today with AA on a home run tear!

They said his fastball isn't that good, so I expect a lot of junk balls which will probebly mean a lot of balls foul balls.

Back