Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2012 Recruits

johnny2x2x

Good News for Sparty, some of our recruits got moved up and Burbridge is now the State's number 1 player. Burbridge was also named as the 3rd fastest player in the country.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111201/SPORTS07/111130066/Michigan-State-prospects-move-up-rankings

Probably not going to be a top 20 class because we are only signing 16 or 17 players, but would easily be top 20 if we signed the 23+ players like teams do most years. All 3 and 4 star players with three 4 stars and 4 players just missing 4 stars by a tenth of a point. Should be a solid class who will all be able to red shirt and develop at a good pace. Burbridge is the only player who I can see playing, but even then just in spot duties.

I find it very positive that we only need to sign 16 or 17 players due to the depth we have.

12064542.jpg

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Sparty just lost Pittman to Ohio.. Sucks

28-14

4 in a row

I guess this is all UM fans have right now. Nice win for you guys, LOL.

MSUspartan said:
I think he was sincere in his statement. Urban Myer is a douche.

No, he is not. If you haven't noticed he takes every chance he gets to cut on anything MSU related. He just doesn't realize this will hurt UM just as bad in the future as it does us. Pittman is going to a team who is their biggest rival that doesn't need anymore talent. And YES, Meyer is Douche, but he is also an excellent coach. Get ready for another OSU 10 year run of dominance.

[quote="greenandwhite95":5b2pkuh9]
[quote="Danny Diggler":5b2pkuh9]6 in a row for Michigan before that... 67

greenandwhite95 said:
MSUspartan said:
I think he was sincere in his statement. Urban Myer is a douche.

No, he is not. If you haven't noticed he takes every chance he gets to cut on anything MSU related. He just doesn't realize this will hurt UM just as bad in the future as it does us. Pittman is going to a team who is their biggest rival that doesn't need anymore talent. And YES, Meyer is Douche, but he is also an excellent coach. Get ready for another OSU 10 year run of dominance.

Like we've all explained to you. Michigan would play against him any way and Ohio will get highly rated kids year in and year out.. You still have Burbridge, that's something to celebrate. It's not the end of the world, especially with all of the late success. Dantonio will just hop on a plane to Texas and flip Mario Edwards from Florida State.

Sevon who?

Marcus Rush was just named to the Freshman all American team for the Sporting News.

johnny2x2x said:
Sevon who?

Marcus Rush was just named to the Freshman all American team for the Sporting News.

That's fine and dandy but Pittman would be a rs frosh when Rush is a jr. Tell me that doesn't hurt...

Monty Madaris is visiting E Lansing this weekend for his 2nd visit and has said he will announce on Monday where he's going. It's down to Cincinnati and MSU. If he wants to stay home he'll pick Cinci, he's a high 3 star low 4 star recruit at WR at 6-2, 190 lbs with 4.4 speed and big hands. He's been one of our top targets for a while now, looks pretty good that he'll pick the Spartans.

http://247sports.com/Player/Monty-Madaris-8085

Madaris committed. Given how odd his recruitment was I am a little surprised. There was talked the last couple weeks that MSU didn't have room for him anymore. Another big stud WR with speed, I'll take him, he's a high 3 star and is a 4 star on a couple services.

Looks like Demetrious Cox will be in the fold at 6:30 this evening too, it's being reported on multiple PA news papers that he picked MSU over OSU and is announcing tonight. This is a huge get for us. He's been our top DB priority since the get go and played safety in HS at 6-1, 192 and runs a 4.48.

This class is about wrapped up, room for 1 or 2 more recruits. Dodson the O lineman is probably gone to USC or OSU, we really like Winston, a DE soft commit to Arkansas, kid has huge upside. DT Jackson is still in the mix. It's a smaller class of 18 or 19, but has a lot of real solid players in it.

I doubt if any more than 1 or 2 avoid the red shirt in 2012. There is zero chance any true freshman plays on defense. Maybe Burbridge and Madaris could see time at WR, and maybe one of our TEs could crack the rotation, but I doubt it. MD red shirted the entire 2011 class minus 1, so there will be tons of competition to see the field.

That's awesome, I read that Cox was looking to come here. I also checked out Winston, Dodson and Jackson. I don't think we have a real good shot at Dodson or Winston but I could see Jackson go to MSU. I think it is a solid class that could fit nicely with the rest of the team in the future.

Jackson committed to Iowa tonight, we told him we didn't have room for him, that means we think we're getting Winston, he visited this weekend and the staff really loves him and think he could be a star. I think we have a better than 50-50 shot at him, they'd keep a scholarship open for Dodson for our 20th recruit. Current Rutgers recruit Julian Pinnix-Odrick is a definite possibility as well.

It will be a small class, but the average star ranking will be quite nice and according to Scout and Rivals would give us a top 25 class. I think our average Star rank is 3.23.

It's a good class, Dantonio hasn't so much elevated the ceiling of our classes as he's elevated the floor, no more 2 star recruits, it's all 3 and 4 star recruits and many of the 3 star recruits are high 3 star recruits. I can tell you this, we wouldn't have pulled a recruit like Demetrious Cox when OSU was recruiting him so hard before MD came along.

That would be awesome to pick Winston up. It would be even better stealing him away from ARK(I hate their coach) and the SEC. I went back and watched a highlight tape on Demetrious Cox, that guy can tackle. I defenitly think we will see him playing safety and maybe some punt returner. I didn't see much pass coverage but the plays I did see he was lighting people up.

Back