Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Rodney Stuckey saga

bestisbest

Still don't know whats going to happen with him. Rumors are he wants 10 mil a year and turned down our offer of 5 yrs 40 million(No one knows if this offer actually was made or not, and if he turned that down he is mental because he is not worth that much)

This guy is worth at max 7 million a year and until he proves he can step his game up he shouldn't be whining, but he is and supposedly wants out from the rumors going around.

In my opinion we need to sign and trade him if we can find a suitor. I don't want a guy who doesn't want to be here and wants 10 mil a year(We don't need 2 SG's making 10 mil a year. Aka BG and Rip)

Should be interesting to see how this pans out..

I'm amused that Stuckey actually believes he's good. I'm not amused that Joe D appears to agree though.

lol pay him 10 million?? he must be on crack..

There has been literally ZERO interest from other teams..if he wants out good luck finding a team to pay him more than 6 million.

Rodney sloppy should walk.. Or sign a 1 year shit deal I don't care.. Not worth more than 6 million a year IMO and even that is absolutely pushing it.. He is a bench player at best..

Im really tired of him, hes had every opportunity to succeed here, and hasn't done it..

I still think he'll be a solid starter, but $10 mil is not happening in this market. He and his agent need to stop looking at deals some teams are making to bring them up to the salary minimum (thornton) and start dealing with reality.

I do hope they work something out. And that he has an attitude adjustment with Frank in charge, and Rip the whiner out of town.

Yeah, the motherfucker is a shot blockers dream. That really should be his main focus...improving his pull up, or coming up with some other way to avoid getting blocked all day. He has good quickness for his size, but I think he's actually trying to play too quick. He needs to back it down a notch and gain some body control.

Stuckey is partially hurt by the way he has been developed (or not developed, as it may be). He's 4 years in and we don't even know what position he plays. We know he CAN run the point, but isn't agile enough to defend PGs effectively. We know he CAN score well, but has no real outside shot in order to play off the ball. He's in a strange no-man's land. He doesn't function well enough without the ball to be a great SG (which is why his stats noticeably were worse at SG), and simply isn't the future at PG (Knight).

Stuckey certainly has a lot of talent, and would be a solid starter or 6th man on a number of teams (notably any teams with strong 2-guards that can share the ball-handling load). But, we aren't one of those teams. Stuckey's value is probably about the same as Prince's overall. However, there are serious question marks about whether he will EVER fit on our team. I think it is certainly worth retaining him at the qualifying offer for a year, allowing him to ease the PG burden on Knight. But, past that, he's highly replaceable.

If it came down to it, next year has a number of mid-level SGs who would be considerably better fits than Stuckey at the SG position - Landry Fields and Courtney Lee for example.

I keep waiting for Lee to break out. He's a nice player but it seems like he hasn't scraped his potential. Wonder if he ever will.

He's pretty efficient..wonder if he just needs the ball more?

Lee has never really been given the opportunity, true. That's what happens being a second round pick. But, I also think his ceiling isn't all that high. He doesn't have the ballhandling or passing skills to be more than a role player - spot up threat rather than shot creator. That's more than fine though if Knight can be a reliable shot creator and we stop running such a poor offense (drive, kick to one guy running through screens, hope for the best). Someone like Lee (especially being a strong defender) could spot up in the corner and keep the defense honest. As long as we stop forcing the ball to overrated jump shooters (Gordon and Villanueva) and start getting more inside-out/outside-in pressure with Monroe-Knight, we won't need a ton of creators, just finishers/shooters.

Rodney Stuckey has agreed to a 3 year, $25 deal to stay with Pistons, league source confirms to Y!

-Adrian Wojnarowski via Twitter

What a joke deal.. THat's over 8 million a year.. Joe D should eat a bag a dicks for that.. Quoting Louis C.K..

I dont like the 8 mil, but I do like only 3 years.

I give the deal a C+

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]I dont like the 8 mil, but I do like only 3 years.

I give the deal a C+
I give it a D+.. reminds me of the Maxiell deal.. I agree 3 years is better than 5..

tigers99888 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]I dont like the 8 mil, but I do like only 3 years.

I give the deal a C+
I give it a D+.. reminds me of the Maxiell deal.. I agree 3 years is better than 5..

Sacramento gave Marcus Thorton 4 years 33 mil.

I would say with the way this offseason has been going its a good deal. Especially if Stuckey and Knight mesh well.

Back