Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Funny emails you get

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
This might be a good place for some emails we get,
let me know good or bad, and whether or not to add any more.

The questions that haunt me.

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be
before they are considered assassinated
instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they 'slept like a baby' when babies wake up every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change?
They're going to see you naked anyway...

Why is 'bra' singular and 'panties' plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables,
what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing
the two songs above?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Why, when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are going dead?

Why do banks charge an 'insufficient funds' fee when they know there's not enough money?

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose idea was it to put an 'S' in the word 'lisp'?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?

How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?

Why is it that when you try to catch some thing that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?

The statistics on sanity is that one out of every four persons are suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you..

You can cry underwater, if you're wearing a mask, and esp. if you just got tangled up with a man o' war's tentacles.

If you're truly insane, then how can you ever be absolutely certain that your friends are sane?

I would be mad too, if someone with a pungent case of halitosis breathed or blew in my face, and it has happened, of course.

You can see much more upon the ground from the top of a skyscraper, and having binoculars permits one to view even more of the surrounding area, that would otherwise be blocked from sight on the ground, unless/if of course the surrounding buildings are taller.

Penny for your thoughts? Putting your two cents in? Just like interest rates from lending or savings, what they will give, is always gonna be less than what they will take..heh!!

The professor in an episode on Gilligan's Island, did try to repair the hole in the "Minnow" with a glue concoction, but it failed, IIRC.

" Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are going dead?" -- this is my wife.

ok. so far so good.
hope other posters will add some humorous emails.

Re: the pressing harder on buttons on the remote, my wife also does that, as well as the same thing with her cellphone, when the battery is running low during one of her frequent texting marathons. Then she claims that there is something wrong with the battery?!? Both of our cellphones have identical batteries, and since I use mine much less than she does, she then wants me to switch them out, so I have to often go w/o mine while it is being recharged. I try to tell her that the reason that her battery runs out so fast is b/c of her texting, but she will have none of that!! heh!!

The only woman in my life, amongst many, whom I truly got along with most, if not all of the time, had a hysterectomy. Seems like they have that "time of the month" excuse to fall back upon, whenever they do something that negatively affects the relationship, but I never could make the same "mistakes" w/o being grilled over the coals for them. Women also tend to hold grudges between each other for much, much longer than men do, but that of course is from my personal experiences and is JMO.

Oh yeah, bra originally meant "a child's jacket with sleeves" and is short for "brassiere," a plural French word. Same with "panties" or pants, which is short for the original French word "pantaloons".

get-attachment.aspx

This is on a t-shirt I bought at that novelty store that's on or right near the north east corner of Main and Liberty:

You May Be A Michigander if...

-You define Summer as three months of bad sledding...

-You have gotten frostbitten and sunburned in the same week...

-You think Alkaline batteries were named after a Tiger outfielder...

-You point at the palm of your right hand when telling people where you grew up...

-Traveling coast to coast means going from Port Huron to Muskegon...

-Your kids' baseball game has ever been snowed out...

-You bake with"soda" and drink "pop"...

You drive 75 in bumper to bumper traffic and always pass on the right...

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]This is on a t-shirt I bought at that novelty store that's on or right near the north east corner of Main and Liberty:

You May Be A Michigander if...

-You define Summer as three months of bad sledding...

-You have gotten frostbitten and sunburned in the same week...

-You think Alkaline batteries were named after a Tiger outfielder...

-You point at the palm of your right hand when telling people where you grew up...

-Traveling coast to coast means going from Port Huron to Muskegon...

-Your kids' baseball game has ever been snowed out...

-You bake with"soda" and drink "pop"...

You drive 75 in bumper to bumper traffic and always pass on the right...

OMG, SO TRUE, SO TRUE!!!!!!

DUI - MICHIGAN STYLE
(Only a person in da UPPER OF MICHIGAN could think of this)
From a region (da UPPER) where drunk driving is considered a sport,
comes this true story.

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Engadine,
Michigan. After last call, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the
officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall into it. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off--they worked fine, dry summer night--, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights.
He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left.

At last, when he was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road. The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer test. To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man
had consumed any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken.'

'I doubt it,' said the truly proud Yooper.

'Tonight I'm the designated Decoy.'

Six Truths in Life

1. You cannot stick your tongue out and look up at the ceiling at the same time, a physical impossibility.

2. All idiots, after reading #1 will try it.

3. And discover #1 is a lie.

4. You are smiling now because you are an idiot.

5. You soon will forward this to another idiot.

6. There is still a stupid smile on your face .

I sincerely apologize about this but I'm an idiot and I needed company. You now have 2 options...delete it, or send it along to put a smile on someone's face today.

Teenage Driver with Long Hair

A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the family car.
His father said he'd make a deal with his son:

How Fights Start

My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels. She asked, 'What's on the TV?'
I said, 'Dust.'
And then the fight started...
My wife and I were watching "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" while we were in bed. I turned to her and said, "Do you want to have sex?"
"No," she answered.
I then said, "Is that your final answer?"
She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, "Yes."
So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."
And then the fight started.....
Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage.
I hooked up the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.
The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day.
I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
My loving wife of 5 years replied, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"
And that's how the fight started...
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary. She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds.'
I bought her a bathroom scale.
After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me for my driver's License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.
The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'. So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair. She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.
When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office...
She said, 'You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability, too.'
And then the fight started....
My wife and I were sitting at a table at my school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at a nearby table..
My wife asked, 'Do you know her?'
'Yes,' I sighed, 'She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since.'
'Wow!' says my wife, 'who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'
I took my wife to a restaurant.. The waiter, for some reason took my order first. "I'll have the steak, medium rare, please."
He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?""
"Nah, she can order for herself."
A woman was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She was not happy with what she saw and said to her husband, "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment.'
The husband replied, 'Your eyesight's darn near perfect.'
And then the fight started.....

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

Phillip Hewitson, an elderly man, from Norwich UK, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"

He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

George said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, Six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Hewitson`s' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to Phillip, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

Phillip said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

(True Story) I LOVE IT!

Don't mess with old people

I LOVE IT!!!!

This idea would solve a major problem for airport and federal bldg security

An engineer friend has come up with a near perfect solution!

Here's his solution and it solves all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports.

Have a booth that you step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you.
It would be a win-win solution for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling Also this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial. Justice would be quick and swift.

Case Closed!!

Mule - Check this out.

Curtis &Leroy saw an ad in the Starkville Daily News Newspaper in Starkville, MS. and bought a mule for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day..

The next morning the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, fellows, I have some bad news, the mule died last night.'

Curtis &Leroy replied, "Well, then just give us our money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

They said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule."

The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll gonna do with a dead mule?"

Curtis said, "We gonna raffle him off.

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!"

Leroy said, "We shore can! Heck, we don't hafta tell nobody he's dead!"

A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis &Leroy at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store and asked.

"What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?" They said,"We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do."

Leroy said,"Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898."

The farmer said,"My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"

Curtis said, "Well, the feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two dollars back."

Curtis and Leroy now work for the IRS.

The Husband Store

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City , where a woman may go to choose a husband.. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs.

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good
Looking..

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can
hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and like beer.

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited..

[quote="KAWDUP":7kzt8pcb]Teenage Driver with Long Hair

A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the family car.
His father said he'd make a deal with his son:

KAWDUP said:
The Husband Store

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City , where a woman may go to choose a husband.. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs.

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good
Looking..

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can
hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and like beer.

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited..

So, I'm walking out on Santa Monica beach one day, and I see this weird looking bottle with a cork...I pick it up and open it, and - no shit guys - out pops a genie, just like in the old stories, with the bald head, and the goatee and the earring and the whole bit!

So the genie says to me "Tinsel (I guess he knows my name because, you know, he has super human powers and such)" he says "Tinsel, your wish is my command."

Now, I've never told you guys this, but I've always wanted to visit Hawaii, and although I've flown over the ocean before to go to Europe and such, I don't really like to do it, so I figure here's my chance to get there another way, so I says to the genie I says "Genie, I want you to build a bridge to Hawaii."

And the genie says to me he says "wow, Tinsel, that is one hard wish!!! Do you know how much steel, and concrete and asphalt that's going to take, let alone all the labor secuing the bridge into the bottom of the ocean, and all the iron and bolts and cable that's going to be required, and all the reinforcement that's going to be needed to make that bridge secure? Can't you make a wish that's just a little easier?"

So I think about, and finally I says to the genie, I says "OK deal. Just tell me the reason women do the shit that they do."

And the genie pauses, and thinks about it for a while, and finally answers, "so Tinsel, are going with four lanes, or eight?"

Back