Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

National Review urges Gingrich to drop out

he won't...if he can't win no Repub will , he will take the party down in flames for this cycle.

Repubs set your sights on 2016.

SLICK said:
he won't...if he can't win no Repub will , he will take the party down in flames for this cycle.

Chris Christie in 2016 is their man. It's pretty much ordained at this point, unless he has a heart attack and keels over before then.

the republican establishment knows Obama has more money in his campaign war chest than they do. the big $$$ are sticking with him, which speaks volumes.

Karlo Rove and the RNC are letting the current batch of goofs flail around, and play candidate, but I bet $5 you don't see any of these clowns winning a single primary in 2016... i.e. when the party has a chance to reclaim the White House

I hope Gingrich stays in until the end.

Shit will be a lot less funny if he gets out.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]I hope Gingrich stays in until the end.

he is kinda funny. he seems to genuinely get upset over stuff, and forgets he's in the middle of a political campaign

the cartman comparison you posted made me laugh.

his (current) wife creeps me out though. the vacant stare and giant, fake smile are horrifying

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]I hope Gingrich stays in until the end.

he is kinda funny. he seems to genuinely get upset over stuff, and forgets he's in the middle of a political campaign

the cartman comparison you posted made me laugh.

his (current) wife creeps me out though. the vacant stare and giant, fake smile are horrifying

Granted, I'm not good with faces, but you mention Gingrich's current wife, and I cannot remember the difference between her and McCain's wife.

McCain's wife is really, really rich.

She was also pretty hot back in the 200 Republican primary.

I don't know how Rich Gingrich's wife is.

With Gingrich in it for the long haul the chance of a brokered convention are much higher than if he gets out. Romney must win 50% of the delegates to avoid the worst case scenario. Gingrich nor Santorum wont likely get to 50% of the delegates on their own, but they can definitely get there together.

What's funny is that this nightmare scenario for the Republican Party, a brokered convention, likely is only possible because of the Citizens United decision. The Super PACs are keeping Santorum and Gingrich in this thing until the end. The individual Billionaires keeping the race going each want to play King Maker. Talk about a backfire, wow.

MichChamp02 said:
SLICK said:

Chris Christie in 2016 is their man. It's pretty much ordained at this point, unless he has a heart attack and keels over before then.

the republican establishment knows Obama has more money in his campaign war chest than they do. the big $$$ are sticking with him, which speaks volumes.

Karlo Rove and the RNC are letting the current batch of goofs flail around, and play candidate, but I bet $5 you don't see any of these clowns winning a single primary in 2016... i.e. when the party has a chance to reclaim the White House

I would think Jeb Bush more so than Christie, because who wants Jabba the Hut in the White House?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]McCain's wife is really, really rich.

I didn't know McCain ran in the 200 primary, but I believe it.

MI_Thumb said:
MichChamp02 said:

I would think Jeb Bush more so than Christie, because who wants Jabba the Hut in the White House?

Most of the Hutts do, obviously.

Seriously cant you see Christie at the State of the Union, with his slimy tongue hanging out, holding a chain attacked to Pelosi's neck, as she's clad in a metal bikini, and worried the metal grate under her feet will open and she'll drop into the pit to be eaten by the Boehner?

Red and Guilty said:
[quote="TinselWolverine":84y6u2ax]McCain's wife is really, really rich.

I didn't know McCain ran in the 200 primary, but I believe it.[/quote:84y6u2ax]

ya , that was the one where Bush and Rove destroyed him with those robocalls and almost sent McCain over the edge.

Red and Guilty said:
SLICK said:
ya , that was the one where Bush and Rove destroyed him with those robocalls and almost sent McCain over the edge.

Actually, I think he lost that one to this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septimus_Severus

Right, HBO is going to be making a movie about that election.

Russell Crowe is going to play McCain, and Joaquin Phoenix will be reprising the role of Commodus.

They haven't cast Severus yet, but they're leaning toward Woody Harrelson.

Shit, Mich Champ, that happens all the time. On one of the gun threads a week ago, you posted an article from the Arizona Republic, about gun laws in old Tombstone - and there were a whole bunch of posts about two major films about guns and gunfights in old Tombstone that were released about the same time!

Besides, HBO films tend to have more sex in them than the one Guccione made - Caligula, I think it was right?

MichChamp02 said:
I thought Bob Guccione already made a movie about that?

When I was about 14 or so a bunch of friends were all spending the night at a friends house in his basement, we used to rent scary movies.

So we went with his mom to the party/video store and got some gore/slasher movies, and someone grabbed Caligula, thinking it was a vampire movie, Caligula sounds kinda like Dracula, plus the cover had blood on it...so he hands it to his mom and the clerk gets the movie and off we go, she never looked at the movies we picked.

We watched it last, cause I think we wanted to see the other first, but holy crap when it came on......it was the full version too, not the wimpy rated R versions some places had.

We were so terrified that we were going to get busted we watched it with the sound off.

If ppl are calling for Paul to take a full health screen i cant imagine Christie passing one.....his heart rate is butter over donut.

Back