Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Movie that scared you as a kid

biggunsbob

10 years or younger..

I was five or six and my parents went out to dinner and a movie and my sister Kathy who was 8 years older then me had to babysit and she was mad about it.. Anyway it must have been 1966 or 67 when we were living in North Muskegon and my parents told her not to let me watch anything bad on TV ( old black and white zenith) Well Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds' was coming on and I begged her to let me watch it. By the end of the movie I was behind couch or under the blanket and I had nightmares for months about giant birds attacking me.. That move is so cheesy now....LOL... I remember it like it was yesterday..

War of the Worlds creeped me out as a kid.

Then in the late 80's, there was a updated made-for-tv version that became a tv series. I had trouble sleeping for a week because of that one.

as a kid, ghost stories never really bothered me... the existence of ghosts seemed too implausible. but aliens, man that was more realistic, in theory at least. those stories of alien abduction freaked me out.

also, the Time Machine (1960). the freaky guys in the future were kinda scary.

this.

[flash=350,287:0s9l5tgs]http://www.youtube.com/v/BpaRouocBes&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:0s9l5tgs]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

"The Exorcist" scared the shit out of me as a kid. I was litterally freaked right out when i watched that movie.

Also, a movie called "Salem's Lot" did a job on me as well. Gives me the shudders still thinking about it..lol.

tonyballs said:
"The Exorcist" scared the shit out of me as a kid. I was litterally freaked right out when i watched that movie.

Also, a movie called "Salem's Lot" did a job on me as well. Gives me the shudders still thinking about it..lol.

Me and my old girlfriend saw the Exorcist at the theaters and we were 18 and 20 and we slept with the lights on later that night.. Possession moves freak me out still to this day..

Only 2 movies have ever scared me. One sadly is child's play lol. But I was like 6 or 7. And had a my buddy doll who looked pretty similar to chucky. Mom had to hide it from me.

The other was the halloweens. I was older like 10. I was in love with the movies though. I think something that played a part was my bedroom was a bit creepy. Had 3 doors in it. The front door to it, a door to the sun room, and closet door. Which was a big closet and the door couldn't fully close, so it looked like someone was standing in it peeking through the crack. And there was a square hole in the ceiling that lead up to the actic that was right above where my bed was.

Sucks that a movie will probably never scare me again

not a movie exactly, but I don't think anything ever scared me as much as this:
http://datamath.org/Speech/MagicWand.htm

my aunt and uncle bought it for me for a birthday present. the link says it came out in 1982, so I must've been 2 or 3 at the time.

the reader came with books that had barcodes in them instead of words. you'd run the wand along the barcode, and the reader would speak the words to you in this monotone computer voice. Like, under a picture of a cat, there would be a barcode, and when you ran the wand along it, the machine would say "Cat." I guess it was real cutting edge technology for the time.

the voice was creepy enough to begin with, but when the batteries would run down, the voice would get all garbled. It sounded like the ramblings of an angry demon to me... I was horrified of it.

I remember burying the thing in the closet, and running away from it in terror, and my parents laughing at me.

I gotta admit, that story might beat mine about my mom hiding the My Buddy doll lol.

Mullholland Dr. still creeps me out. The Exorcist was comic relief. I never should have seen Bonnie and Clyde as a 10-year-old kid. Scars.

Not much into scary horror type movies so that makes the list small but one that was frightening for me, wait for it..

Wizard of Oz. Those damn flying monkeys, the wicked witch -- scared me out of my freakin' mind.

The Birds also scared me but I was like 14 at the time ..

Halloween

10 years old.

I'll never forget it

Grandpa took me to see it in Ludlow, MA in 1979. He slept through it after popping a couple beers in the theater. He had no concept of the movie rating system

I was not right for about four years--no exaggeration

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Lol. That's Grandpa.

When we got home later in the summer my dad was like "what the hell?" to grandpa. He just shrugged "they wanted to see it".

I do remember when I was on vacation as a youngster, maybe 6-7. My Dad took the boys bowling and my mom wanted me with the girls as they watched a movie. I really wanted to go bowl and got stuck watching fk'n Bambi. FK.

The first times I saw Frankenstein in the 50's with Boris Karloff and then The Bride of Frankenstein with elsa lanchester as the put together parts of his bride. The old sofa pillow in front of my eyes/face...lol

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]The first times I saw Frankenstein in the 50's with Boris Karloff and then The Bride of Frankenstein with elsa lanchester as the put together parts of his bride. The old sofa pillow in front of my eyes/face...lol

Heh, I used to be like that with the old black and white monster movies channel 50 used to put on in the evenings late 70's early 80's.

Make sure feet curled up underneath me on the sofa too, so something cant grab em, and hide behind the couch pillows.

Back