Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Movie that scared you as a kid

I was scared of the Three Stooges meets Frankenstein and the Werewolf. Scary stuff.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="KalineCountry":amg1cb6s]The first times I saw Frankenstein in the 50's with Boris Karloff and then The Bride of Frankenstein with elsa lanchester as the put together parts of his bride. The old sofa pillow in front of my eyes/face...lol

Heh, I used to be like that with the old black and white monster movies channel 50 used to put on in the evenings late 70's early 80's.

Make sure feet curled up underneath me on the sofa too, so something cant grab em, and hide behind the couch pillows.[/quote:amg1cb6s]

Channel 50? OK, you just took me way back. Wow. I loved that channel!! The ghoul, Lou Gordon, Night Gallery and Benny Hill. That was a great time to be a kid--pre MTV

The Ghoul. That was on late night always past my bedtime so I'd convince my mom and dad to sleep in the basement where they apparently forgot we had a TV down there :) Great scary show. Especially as a kid.

Benny Hill was awesome.

A little snippet about the Ghoul, very popular in Detroit more than anywhere else..

Kaiser Broadcasting soon syndicated The Ghoul Show to Detroit, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Los Angeles. It bombed in Boston and Chicago, where Sweed had the thankless task of replacing the popular Svengoolie, but was huge in Detroit at WKBD TV-50, and enjoyed varying degrees of success in the other markets. Despite the show's popularity, Kaiser eventually canceled it in 1975 amid complaints from parents about the content of some of Sweed's skits, as well as the permanent closure of WKBF by Kaiser itself. But The Ghoul resurfaced a couple of years later on independent Detroit station WXON TV-20, and on WKBF's successor station, WCLQ TV-61.

Which Poltergeist was the one where they were in the tower building with all the mirrors? I know i was 5 or 6 when it came out and it scared the fuck out of me.

The only movie that ever truly "scared" me was the UK movie "Threads" based upon a pre/post nuclear war holocaust and landscape and some of the UK citizens/townsfolk who survived it. Very sobering and more cerebral than the US made for TV version, titled "The Day After", during the final decade of the cold-war 80s. The (at the time USSR) also produced a post-nuclear war movie, but I cannot remember its translated title.

Turok said:
The only movie that ever truly "scared" me was the UK movie "Threads" based upon a pre/post nuclear war holocaust and landscape and some of the UK citizens/townsfolk who survived it. Very sobering and more cerebral than the US made for TV version, titled "The Day After", during the final decade of the cold-war 80s. The (at the time USSR) also produced a post-nuclear war movie, but I cannot remember its translated title.

That movie mad me sad and disturbed and frightened and whole more emotions.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Which Poltergeist was the one where they were in the tower building with all the mirrors? I know i was 5 or 6 when it came out and it scared the fuck out of me.

#3...

Back