Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Sopranos

IMO, the ending kind of sucked. Okay so they met at a restaurant and there was a mysterious guy sitting across from them.

Anyway, I liked the song from the opening credits. I can't remember the name but it was good.

SPOILER ALERT: CODE RED. I REPEAT: CODE RED

It's all there..

When Tony is picking out songs, the song before "don't stop believing" is "this magic moment" it was played in the episode where Tony and Bobby were on a boat talking about death. Bobby said You probably don't even hear it when it happens.

The people in the restaurant all were apart of previous assassination attempts ( Truck driver, black guys who tried to kill Tony, the boy scouts who witnesses Bobby get lit up) and the guy eye checking him was wearing an all members jacket, the title of an episode that Tony gets shot.

Meadow is outside the restaurant trying to parallel park and screws up twice but manages to get it on the 3rd try. This is relevant because Tony survives 2 assassination attempts and Surely we are lead to believe that

The Wire is still better.

I didn't pay attention enough to get all that but I guess it makes sense now.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I didn't pay attention enough to get all that but I guess it makes sense now.

I don't think anyone did right away.

So now all these years later I can finally say "Oh yeah I get it".

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]So now all these years later I can finally say "Oh yeah I get it".

People still debate it. There's a video I got this info from and it made more sense than anything else so I bought into it.

It's still a great show but it was definitely a bad ending for people wanting absolute closure.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":vq6m7oda]So now all these years later I can finally say "Oh yeah I get it".

People still debate it. There's a video I got this info from and it made more sense than anything else so I bought into it.

It's still a great show but it was definitely a bad ending for people wanting absolute closure.[/quote:vq6m7oda]

I think it was a "you decide" subliminal suggestion.

They didn't come right out with it because they still kick around the possibility of a Movie, and if they actually announced what they were hinting at, it would kill the chances of it.

Gandolfini said he was done with Tony Soprano and that a movie "ain't going to happen".....

SLICK said:
Gandolfini said he was done with Tony Soprano and that a movie "ain't going to happen".....

Hard to make a movie when the main character is dead.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
SLICK said:

Hard to make a movie when the main character is dead.

hard to make a movie when the actor playing the main character say's he done with the character.

tonyballs said:
Best show EVER.

before Sons Of Anarchy......S.O.A blows Sopranos away.

I dont have to sit through 5 minute scenes of Tony Soprano and Dr Melfi. ;)

SLICK said:
tonyballs said:
Best show EVER.

That was always the worse part. Why did they add a shrink? It added nothing to the show.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
SLICK said:

That was always the worse part. Why did they add a shrink? It added nothing to the show.

Except how its a plot device and makes it easier to write about Tony's childhood, family history, his feelings, his life at home and business. While writing you can't just come out and say whatever it is unless you have a plot device. The shrink pushes the story.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]If you say so.

A plot device is an object or character in a story whose sole purpose is to advance the plot of the story, or alternatively to overcome some difficulty in the plot.

A contrived or arbitrary plot device may annoy or confuse the reader, causing a loss of the suspension of disbelief. However a well-crafted plot device, or one that emerges naturally from the setting or characters of the story, may be entirely accepted, or may even be unnoticed by the audience.

So there's the definition of a plot device. So.. Yeah, I say so.

Back