Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Santorum speech on Satan in schools

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
This is from 2008 and I believe he was addressing a private university. This is the first time I've read this and, honestly, I'm shocked. This guy has been sniffing glue if he's being serious. Basically, just as he equated being educated to being a liberal, he equates being an atheist to being educated. hmmm...so if you're uneducated, you are a conservative religious nutbag, but if you're educated, you're probably a liberal atheist? Sweet.

[b:7hfkw2go]This is not a political war at all. This is not a cultural war at all. This is a spiritual war. And the father of lies has his sights on what you would think the father of lies, Satan, would have his sights on. A good, decent, powerful, influential country -- the United States of America. If you were Satan, who would you attack in this day and age? There is no one else to go after, other than the United States. And that

See this is why he's so upset about the separation of church and state policy, he firmly believes that everyone in the country should follow the Protestant ideals, forget about the Constitution, and all that right to freedom of religion bullshit.....it's people like him how have no fucking clue what the founding fathers had in mind when they drafted the Constitution and Bill of Rights, yet they always spout off about how they think they know what the founding fathers ideals were.

MI_Thumb said:
See this is why he's so upset about the separation of church and state policy, he firmly believes that everyone in the country should follow the Protestant ideals, forget about the Constitution, and all that right to freedom of religion bullshit.....it's people like him how have no fucking clue what the founding fathers had in mind when they drafted the Constitution and Bill of Rights, yet they always spout off about how they think they know what the founding fathers ideals were.
rights for all my brother....

Except gays that want to marry, or blacks, jews, women, college educated, lower class, etc etc etc

KAWDUP said:
Lower class?!?

. . . as in people like you?

Glad to see you always add something valuable to the conversation, Mr. Insult.

KAWDUP said:
Lower class?!?

if youre not upper class then theres a good chance youre lower class....im not upper class. I work to pay my bills and care for my family and I do it without food stamps.

MI_Thumb said:

no kidding. it's also shocking how far toward the right, religious extremism and conservatism this country has swung since the 50's and 60's.

(catholicism aside) put Santorum up against Eisenhower, or even Barry Goldwater. He would be exposed as the freak he is, and would get demolished in the primaries; he wouldn't even be in it at this point. He would've been laughed out of the race in November.

MichChamp02 said:
MI_Thumb said:

no kidding. it's also shocking how far toward the right, religious extremism and conservatism this country has swung since the 50's and 60's.

(catholicism aside) put Santorum up against Eisenhower, or even Barry Goldwater. He would be exposed as the freak he is, and would get demolished in the primaries; he wouldn't even be in it at this point. He would've been laughed out of the race in November.

I just saw something on TV that said that Eisenhower was likely the most unideological president of the modern era. Before anyone knew Eisenhower was a Republican, the Democrats wanting him to head up their ticket (that was in the days of the party bosses and the smoke filled rooms).

Goldwater was pretty socially liberal; his opposition ended to the Civil Rights Act, though, ended up costing the Republican party hugely in the black vote, both in '64 and going forward.

MI_Thumb said:
KAWDUP said:
Lower class?!?

You always start out by making a statement that has at least some truth to it, and end up with something silly or inane like that?

Santorum doesn't dislike the lower class. Geeezus.

Get over yourself or post a link. After the crap you post, I'm Mr. insulting?!? I got a chuckle out of that one.

KAWDUP said:
MI_Thumb said:

You always start out by making a statement that has at least some truth to it, and end up with something silly or inane like that?

Get over yourself or post a link. After the crap you post, I'm Mr. insulting?!? I got a chuckle out of that one.

I'm not the one who posted the lower class stuff, go get your reading glasses.

mhughes0021 said:
KAWDUP said:
Lower class?!?

if youre not upper class then theres a good chance youre lower class....im not upper class. I work to pay my bills and care for my family and I do it without food stamps.

Depends on what you mean by lower class. My post was a play on words. Lower class as in having less class.

I am pretty sure he meant lower class as in economic standing.

Both are stupid in the context of what was posted and don't have a lick of truth to them.

Do you get it now? It is no friggin' different than you guys do with every post that doesn't agree with your nut-bag politics.

So quit with the holier than thou crap -
<disclaimer> this statement is NOT directed at your previous post before you jump all over that one.

BTW what you describe might be called the middle class, no?

MI_Thumb said:
KAWDUP said:

Riiight, I'm always the one who jumps for the insults. It was a joke. My word we are touchy. You use sarcasm all the damn time to prove a point. Reading glasses are firmly in place my uniformed friend.

KAWDUP said:
MI_Thumb said:

Riiight, I'm always the one who jumps for the insults. It was a joke. My word we are touchy. You use sarcasm all the damn time to prove a point. Reading glasses are firmly in place my uniformed friend.

I'm not in uniform.

It's one thing to use sarcasm, or even sling a little jab now and then when discussing thing, you like to blow in, drop an insult, then vanish.

If you want to argue the point, and throw a jab or two, nobody cares, but you tend to spend a lot of time on insults, and not much on topic.

Maybe you're just insecure?

MI_Thumb said:
KAWDUP said:

I'm not in uniform.

It's one thing to use sarcasm, or even sling a little jab now and then when discussing thing, you like to blow in, drop an insult, then vanish.

If you want to argue the point, and throw a jab or two, nobody cares, but you tend to spend a lot of time on insults, and not much on topic.

Maybe you're just insecure?

Unless I'm attacking a troll, I usually stay away from spelling police comments. Obviously you aren't above that.

You may not be in uniform, but you sure as hell are uninformed.

As far as the other nothingness you said - that is ridiculous. I vanish because I have a life and choose to do many many other things rather than post here.

. . . and that statement is just not true. Most times I bring way more to the argument than you do. You jump in all the damn time to add your own non-informative information, and I'm insecure? LOL Nice try at an insult.

Fail.

My e-penis is bigger than your e-penis. What an argument. Sheesh! Balls in your court now. Lets see how much of the high road you take to prove me wrong.

KAWDUP said:
mhughes0021 said:

Depends on what you mean by lower class. My post was a play on words. Lower class as in having less class.

I am pretty sure he meant lower class as in economic standing.

Both are stupid in the context of what was posted and don't have a lick of truth to them.

Do you get it now? It is no friggin' different than you guys do with every post that doesn't agree with your nut-bag politics.

So quit with the holier than thou crap -
<disclaimer> this statement is NOT directed at your previous post before you jump all over that one.

BTW what you describe might be called the middle class, no?

no its lower class....the middle class used to be able to save money, they had houses that were worth something, they had 401ks that were gaining share not losing it. All that is gone now....its definitely lower than middle...hence lower class.

And i dont think my post was off base....politicians (not just the GoP) talk all the time about a free country based on liberty for all. A fair country. Then they make laws and rules that only apply to certain groups, that dont allow certain types of people to marry, that give breaks to people that have certain amounts of money moreso than others, etc etc etc. Dont worry it wasnt a poke at your precious conservatives...the entire fucking government sucks ass and has turned this country broke....republican and democrat alike.

politicians (not just the GoP) talk all the time about a free country based on liberty for all. A fair country. Then they make laws and rules that only apply to certain groups...the entire fucking government sucks ass and has turned this country broke....republican and democrat alike.

Now, THIS...

...THAT is what I'm talkin' about.

THIS...

this is the shit.

+ fuckin' 1.

I had hoped my e-penis could stay out of this, but alas it had been brought up and dragged to the surface.

I now have to come clean and admit that my e-penis had e-sex with a .gif of Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman.

I only hope that in time, my e-penis may be forgiven.

MI_Thumb said:
I had hoped my e-penis could stay out of this, but alas it had been brought up and dragged to the surface.

I now have to come clean and admit that my e-penis had e-sex with a .gif of Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman.

I only hope that in time, my e-penis may be forgiven.

Forgiveness for what?

Let he whose e-penis hasn't done the same thing cast the first e-stone.

Back