Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Santorum speech on Satan in schools

mhughes0021 said:
KAWDUP said:
Depends on what you mean by lower class. My post was a play on words. Lower class as in having less class.

I am pretty sure he meant lower class as in economic standing.

Both are stupid in the context of what was posted and don't have a lick of truth to them.

Do you get it now? It is no friggin' different than you guys do with every post that doesn't agree with your nut-bag politics.

So quit with the holier than thou crap -
<disclaimer> this statement is NOT directed at your previous post before you jump all over that one.

BTW what you describe might be called the middle class, no?

no its lower class....the middle class used to be able to save money, they had houses that were worth something, they had 401ks that were gaining share not losing it. All that is gone now....its definitely lower than middle...hence lower class.

And i dont think my post was off base....politicians (not just the GoP) talk all the time about a free country based on liberty for all. A fair country. Then they make laws and rules that only apply to certain groups, that dont allow certain types of people to marry, that give breaks to people that have certain amounts of money moreso than others, etc etc etc. Dont worry it wasnt a poke at your precious conservatives...the entire fucking government sucks ass and has turned this country broke....republican and democrat alike.

Well, I may be in the minority here, so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt.

My house lost value, but I am not under water, My 401K took a hit, but still is going pretty well. I wouldn't say I have crossed over into that economic higher class, but I still save a few thousand every year for a rainy day. Not a king's ransome, but I could afford a new roof or furnace in an emergency.

Funny thing is many of my friends, or Fraternity brothers from college are just behind me or actaully better off, but I wouldn't say they have crossed over either.

Very small sample size I guess - so I admit, my situation may not be the norm, but I firmly believe I am in the top 4th or so of the middle class. It may have to do with age. The older you get the more it matters to you, so you work immensely hard to keep what you have.

So while, I agree with your comments about Congress, and undersand the frustration with what has become of what we used to call the middle class, I personally don't put them or me in the lower classs yet.

KAWDUP said:
mhughes0021 said:
no its lower class....the middle class used to be able to save money, they had houses that were worth something, they had 401ks that were gaining share not losing it. All that is gone now....its definitely lower than middle...hence lower class.

And i dont think my post was off base....politicians (not just the GoP) talk all the time about a free country based on liberty for all. A fair country. Then they make laws and rules that only apply to certain groups, that dont allow certain types of people to marry, that give breaks to people that have certain amounts of money moreso than others, etc etc etc. Dont worry it wasnt a poke at your precious conservatives...the entire fucking government sucks ass and has turned this country broke....republican and democrat alike.

Well, I may be in the minority here, so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt.

My house lost value, but I am not under water, My 401K took a hit, but still is going pretty well. I wouldn't say I have crossed over into that economic higher class, but I still save a few thousand every year for a rainy day. Not a king's ransome, but I could afford a new roof or furnace in an emergency.

Funny thing is many of my friends, or Fraternity brothers from college are just behind me or actaully better off, but I wouldn't say they have crossed over either.

Very small sample size I guess - so I admit, my situation may not be the norm, but I firmly believe I am in the top 4th or so of the middle class. It may have to do with age. The older you get the more it matters to you, so you work immensely hard to keep what you have.

So while, I agree with your comments about Congress, and undersand the frustration with what has become of what we used to call the middle class, I personally don't put them or me in the lower classs yet.

Kawdup! im soooo proud of you dude lol....you had a well thought out reply without going off the handle, no name calling, and it painted a picture of your viewpoints without putting someone else down. Dare i say this is progress!

MI_Thumb said:
See this is why he's so upset about the separation of church and state policy, he firmly believes that everyone in the country should follow the Protestant ideals, forget about the Constitution, and all that right to freedom of religion bullshit.....it's people like him how have no fucking clue what the founding fathers had in mind when they drafted the Constitution and Bill of Rights, yet they always spout off about how they think they know what the founding fathers ideals were.

you have no clue...read the federalist papers

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:
See this is why he's so upset about the separation of church and state policy, he firmly believes that everyone in the country should follow the Protestant ideals, forget about the Constitution, and all that right to freedom of religion bullshit.....it's people like him how have no fucking clue what the founding fathers had in mind when they drafted the Constitution and Bill of Rights, yet they always spout off about how they think they know what the founding fathers ideals were.

you have no clue...read the federalist papers

The Federalist Papers were written by 3 whole people.

The Constitution was signed by 39.

::)

Why does he switch midway through the thing from saying "he" (Satan) attacked academia to "they" attacked Protestantism? Is he saying the academics attacked the Protestants? After that, it's all "they" instead of "he".

Red and Guilty said:
Why does he switch midway through the thing from saying "he" (Satan) attacked academia to "they" attacked Protestantism? Is he saying the academics attacked the Protestants? After that, it's all "they" instead of "he".

he does this because he's not too bright.

also that the concepts he's speaking of are all mythological and intellectually and logically inconsistent to begin with.

MI_Thumb said:

LOL.......yep, there were a lot of followers....but a few leaders

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:

LOL.......yep, there were a lot of followers....but a few leaders

Then I don't get what your point is.

3 people wrote the Federalist Papers, are you trying to say those 3 people were the only leaders?

Madison, Hamilton, and Jay were important, but not a majority.

If you want to insist I have no clue, then give specifics that support what you say, don't just say "you have no clue......read the federalist papers".

It makes you sound like you have no clue.

MichChamp02 said:
Red and Guilty said:

also that the concepts he's speaking of are all mythological and intellectually and logically inconsistent to begin with.

most things republicans say nowadays are mythological lol.

mhughes0021 said:
MichChamp02 said:

"Regan Mythology" needs to become a commonly used term. I just googled it and it does not appear to have been used much.

Red and Guilty said:
mhughes0021 said:

"Regan Mythology" needs to become a commonly used term. I just googled it and it does not appear to have been used much.

thats the mythology that reagan was actually a good president isnt it? Or the mythology that he was a good republican? Or the mythology that trickle down economics works lmao?

mhughes0021 said:
Red and Guilty said:

thats the mythology that reagan was actually a good president isnt it? Or the mythology that he was a good republican? Or the mythology that trickle down economics works lmao?

dam straight it worked...even the dems went along. Took a shit hole that Carter left and pulled us up and out. You're too young to even remember the early 1980's.

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

dam straight it worked...even the dems went along. Took a shit hole that Carter left and pulled us up and out. You're too young to even remember the early 1980's.
yep worked so well all the big corporations took all the money they made and moved it to other countries to make even more money. Now were left with less jobs than before....not more. Trickle down economics was the starting point of class warfare and ending in annihilating the middle class and turning our economy to shit. Worked just fine!....for them.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:
yep worked so well all the big corporations took all the money they made and moved it to other countries to make even more money. Now were left with less jobs than before....not more. Trickle down economics was the starting point of class warfare and ending in annihilating the middle class and turning our economy to shit. Worked just fine!....for them.

22 million jobs created

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

22 million jobs created
overseas

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

22 million jobs created

what orifice was that hole pulled out of?

and even if true, it ignores all the jobs lost, and the population growth since that time...

tsmith7559 said:
MichChamp02 said:
what orifice was that hole pulled out of?

and even if true, it ignores all the jobs lost, and the population growth since that time...

my bad 20 Million..
http://www.uhnd.com/bb/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=2&msgid=196248

incomes over $50,000 rose from 17.6% to 23.5%...
low incomes dropped from 27.5% to 25.3%....

low incomes dropped because people realized it was easier to just stop working all together and take government aid instead of busting their ass to make a buck and still be broke lol. If theres more $50,000+ jobs now than in 1980 id be slightly surprised but on the other hand there should be considering how much more everything costs. Inflation should also count for salaries.....if food, gas etc is going to cost more workers should make more.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:
my bad 20 Million..
http://www.uhnd.com/bb/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=2&msgid=196248

incomes over $50,000 rose from 17.6% to 23.5%...
low incomes dropped from 27.5% to 25.3%....

low incomes dropped because people realized it was easier to just stop working all together and take government aid instead of busting their ass to make a buck and still be broke lol. If theres more $50,000+ jobs now than in 1980 id be slightly surprised but on the other hand there should be considering how much more everything costs. Inflation should also count for salaries.....if food, gas etc is going to cost more workers should make more.

Im talking Reagan times. The guy took 20%+ interest rates and dead car industry and building the strongest most prosperous country ever all while tumbling the USSR

Back