Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Obama Executive Order of 3-16-2012

relax...lol , all he did was update an EO from 1994 and that has been updated by every POTUS since.

We’re getting a lot of e-mail this weekend about an executive order issued on Friday afternoon by President Obama titled “National Defense Resources Preparedness.” While the timing of the EO is curious — why send it out on a Friday afternoon when an administration is usually trying to sneak bad news past the media? — the general impact of it is negligible. This EO simply updates another EO (12919) that had been in place since June 1994, and amended several times since.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/...redness-executive-order-power-grab-or-update/

to funny hey....everything Obama does is somewhat sinister.

I suspect "somewhat sinister" happened to Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan and everyone before them. They're POTUS, half the country is against them.

Last edited:
The hysterical reactions to Obama's every move, even something as procedural as this, are proof that a good portion of this country are gullible idiots. The education system is producing less and less critical thinkers who can make some sort of useful sense out of the world around them.

The hysterical reactions to Obama's every move, even something as procedural as this, are proof that a good portion of this country are gullible idiots. The education system is producing less and less critical thinkers who can make some sort of useful sense out of the world around them.

In case you missed my previous post, he's a POTUS. Hysterical reactions happen to all POTUS, not just Obama. Its not about being gullible idiots, its about being a Conservative or a Liberal. Just the way the world works.

In case you missed my previous post, he's a POTUS. Hysterical reactions happen to all POTUS, not just Obama. Its not about being gullible idiots, its about being a Conservative or a Liberal. Just the way the world works.

if you don't think Obama gets hammered more then any past POTUS for every move he make you're the gullible one Mitch.

this EO is a great example...the thing has been on the books in some form or another since the Truman days....Obama does what every other POTUS has done and updates it and the righty conspirator wing hits the roof....lol

if you don't think Obama gets hammered more then any past POTUS for every move he make you're the gullible one Mitch.

this EO is a great example...the thing has been on the books in some form or another since the Truman days....Obama does what every other POTUS has done and updates it and the righty conspirator wing hits the roof....lol

You're kidding, right? Where in the hell you been, oh that's right - Canada. There are times he gets treated like king POTUS because he's black and the fact most media are liberals. Bush would get nailed for this as well, or similar stupid things because he was a POTUS. And that the media are liberal.

Last edited:
You're kidding, right? Where in the hell you been, oh that's right - Canada. There are times he gets treated like king POTUS because he's black and the fact most media are liberals. Bush would get nailed for this as well, or similar stupid things because he was a POTUS. And that the media are liberal.

Bush NEVER got nailed for this....it's the point thats been made by both myself and Grandy....the EO has been updated by both Clinton and Bush Jr and went UNNOTICED...lol

Bush NEVER got nailed for this....it's the point thats been made by both myself and Grandy....the EO has been updated by both Clinton and Bush Jr and went UNNOTICED...lol

He got nailed by other stupid stuff. Just like his Father, just like Clinton etc. That's the point. You really think Obama gets slammed more than other Presidents?

He got nailed by other stupid stuff. Just like his Father, just like Clinton etc. That's the point. You really think Obama gets slammed more than other Presidents?

I think Obama gets hammered by the right for things like this...same way he is getting hammered by saying the Supreme Court has no buisness overturning a law that was passed by a majority congress that represents the people....its called Judicial Oversight...something the RIGHT has railed against for years....now all the sudden they're in favor of it when it comes to this Presidents health care law.

Last edited:
I think Obama gets hammered by the right for things like this...same way he is getting hammered by saying the Supreme Court has no buisness overturning a law that was passed by a majority congress that represents the people....its called Judicial Oversight...something the RIGHT has railed against for years....now all the sudden they're in favor of it when it comes to this Presidents health care law.

Of course he gets hammered by the right. It's pretty simple, right against left and left against right. And they change opinions if it benefits them. Just the way it works.

I'd rather be vigilant and proven wrong than lazy and disinterested in the doings of government. Regardless of the date of the original order, its language is obtuse, vague and general enough to apply its authority capriciously and without question or opposition.

It was something "procedural" as this that allowed president Bush to hire Halliburton, Blackwater and other pet suppliers to make a fortune during the Iraq war. (Sec 310 of the Exec. Order).

False equivalancy

Another attempt to draw a false equivalency between a few thousand nuts thinking Bush helped plan 9/11 or other such nonsense and half the population of Mississippi and Alabama thinking Obama is a Muslim. There are always going to be wingnuts, but wingnuts now make up about half the people who watch FOX News or are Tea Baggers.

Last edited:
Another attempt to draw a false equivalency between a few thousand nuts thinking Bush helped plan 9/11 or other such nonsense and half the population of Mississippi and Alabama thinking Obama is a Muslim. There are always going to be wingnuts, but wingnuts now make up about half the people who watch FOX News or are Tea Baggers.

And 90% of left nuts who watch CNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC etc. Not sure I get your point. But since you're a left nut, you will always assume what you posted, even if its incorrect.

I'd rather be vigilant and proven wrong than lazy and disinterested in the doings of government. Regardless of the date of the original order, its language is obtuse, vague and general enough to apply its authority capriciously and without question or opposition.

It was something "procedural" as this that allowed president Bush to hire Halliburton, Blackwater and other pet suppliers to make a fortune during the Iraq war. (Sec 310 of the Exec. Order).

Yeah. I guess the most troubling thing in my opinion is that the outright corruption in the Bush Administration shouldn't have been any surprise. I mean, Cheney gets a $20 million check from Halliburton just before taking the VP slot. No surprise he steers all defense contracts in Iraq to them, or allows them to function as an "intermediary" taking a cut of all the action. And the PNAC and other "think tanks" that Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, etc. were members of were urging an invasion of Iraq pre-2000.

But on the other hand, Obama comes into office without all this baggage, and yet all these same policies and largesse continue to flow... who is really in charge here?

Yeah. I guess the most troubling thing in my opinion is that the outright corruption in the Bush Administration shouldn't have been any surprise. I mean, Cheney gets a $20 million check from Halliburton just before taking the VP slot. No surprise he steers all defense contracts in Iraq to them, or allows them to function as an "intermediary" taking a cut of all the action. And the PNAC and other "think tanks" that Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, etc. were members of were urging an invasion of Iraq pre-2000.

But on the other hand, Obama comes into office without all this baggage, and yet all these same policies and largesse continue to flow... who is really in charge here?

We'll some might claim the World Bank, the CFA, the Bildeburgers, the Illuminati and the New York Yankees.

Pple freaked out when Clinton and Bush 43 updated this as well. This is NOT a big deal.

Back