Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mike Hart

He has to control his mouth though......Michigan won't put up with an assistant making waves.......Dantonio(classless asshole) shows everyone how not to do it, he makes himself and his program look like shit every time he opens his mouth. I doubt MH would make any little brother statements as a coach (I didn't mind it as a player), but I'm just saying........he can't do it.

This makes me sad...I really wanted to see him be a servicable NFL back. One day a Michigan RB will be an NFL stand out................... I hope.

And I'm not sure the administration wouldn't like the passion and connection to the fan-base that he has, even if it comes with his quick mouth.

He was what, a 20 year old kid when he made the Little Brother comment? I agree. Maturity comes with age.

Its not like he said anything crazy..he talked a little smack. I dont think it was that big of a deal personally. I dont really see it as a lack of maturity.

Exactly, it was taken out of context. It really wasn't that bad at all.

I just realized it's probably going to be odd to see Hart on the opposing team's sideline when we face Eastern this year.

I agree it will be weird seeing him on the other sideline. Probably not as weird for us as it will be for him though.

Jever4321 said:
I agree it will be weird seeing him on the other sideline. Probably not as weird for us as it will be for him though.

yeah, he mentioned that in the article. He said being in the visitor's locker room will be weird. He'll probably freak out.

as far as his maturity goes... it's not really the matter of him running his mouth that would concern me, but more the matter of him getting along with other coaches. If he's got the attitude that because he was a star at Michigan, coaching here is his birthright or something, he's going to rub everyone else the wrong way, and that's bad news for the win/loss column. I don't know if that would be a problem; he was a smart guy. and it looks like English has found a way to keep his ego in check by having him pick up garbage as part of his responsibilities... hahaha.

all that being said, he was one of my favorite players, and I hope he gets the chance to coach at Michigan and do well. I never had a problem with him (or anyone) talking smack... gotta back it up though. I thought what he said about MSU was hilarious, and it was even more hilarious when dumbass Dantonio responded.

nd remember he spent the past 3-4 years on teh bench - i am sure that has helped control the mouth

michlady77 said:
nd remember he spent the past 3-4 years on teh bench - i am sure that has helped control the mouth

Yep, that gives one a different perspective on life. heh heh

With time I think that Mike Hart will make a very good coach. Being benched in the NFL like michlady said will humble a person really quick.

Beez said:
Its not like he said anything crazy..he talked a little smack. I dont think it was that big of a deal personally. I dont really see it as a lack of maturity.

Maybe I should have said, with maturity comes discretion. I agree that what MH said wasn't bad. What was bad was that a head coach responded. That was just stupid. A head coach shouldn't respond to players talking smack. They should be above that.

And what MH has gone through in the past few years I am sure has brought him maturity and perspective.

Do we know that Mike wants to come back to Michigan? Although I cherish my Michigan years, I wouldn't want to go back as an employee. Expectations too high on both sides.

foreverblue73 said:
With time I think that Mike Hart will make a very good coach. Being benched in the NFL like michlady said will humble a person really quick.

i just dont understand where everyone got the idea that Mike Hart was some arrogant , mouthy, immature kid from. He calls MSU "little borther" and all of a sudden he's Chad Johnson and needs to learn how to be humble and gain a little maturity. Personally I think you guys are looking way to far into something that probably isnt there. We have no idea what he's like because he rarely spoke anyway. He could be a complete dickhead for all I know but I dont. I for one will say I'm in the thought of him being a nice guy, hard worker and probably more mature than most his age. Just my opinion.

Hart excelled academically in high school scoring 1280 on the SAT and graduating in the top five of his class with a 94% average.

Not the end all be all but usually a good sign of maturity when a high school sports star (Assuming they werent cheating) has grades like this.

Back