Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Rush everyone likes

There is no "Rush everyone likes"

This^^

Rush could run into a burning house and save a dozen people, 2 babies, and a litter of kittens, and it would still not make him any less of a douchebag.

This^^

Rush could run into a burning house and save a dozen people, 2 babies, and a litter of kittens, and it would still not make him any less of a douchebag.

very charitable person...unlike an liberal media personality

I hate that RUSH too.

I feel like I wanna stab someone in the eye with a soldering iron every time I hear about Neal Peart being the greatest drummer ever.

I highly doubt liberals would win this debate.

Liberals aren't known for giving. They think government should provide. Conservatives on the other hand are known for their charity because they would rather see private donations help people versus the government. The people in need get more from your dollar that way.
People on the left complain Romney only pays about 15% in taxes (because most of his income comes from investments). But he also donates another 15% of his income to charity. I would much rather give that 15% to charity than the government because I think it's better spent.
Rush donated over $4 million dollars last year. That's over 10% of his income.
Do a search on donations from Congress and you will be surprised at the difference between libs and conservatives. In fact VP Biden donated less than $400 bucks one year.

I highly doubt liberals would win this debate.

Liberals aren't known for giving. They think government should provide. Conservatives on the other hand are known for their charity because they would rather see private donations help people versus the government. The people in need get more from your dollar that way.
People on the left complain Romney only pays about 15% in taxes (because most of his income comes from investments). But he also donates another 15% of his income to charity. I would much rather give that 15% to charity than the government because I think it's better spent.
Rush donated over $4 million dollars last year. That's over 10% of his income.
Do a search on donations from Congress and you will be surprised at the difference between libs and conservatives. In fact VP Biden donated less than $400 bucks one year.

Just for arguments sake (I support giving to charity despite political leaning, and doubt that goes into most peoples thinking when they give)...How much of that charitable donation was tax deductible?

First off, you won't gain any tax savings from charitable contributions unless you itemize deductions. And in most cases, people who don't own homes don't itemize because their standard-deduction amount $5,800 for singles or $11,600 for joint filers in 2011 ($5,950 and $11,900 in 2012) exceeds their total itemized deductions. So unless your total itemized deductions for this year, including any charitable contributions, will exceed the magic threshold, you won't get any tax benefits for your generosity. Sorry sometimes being kind can be cruel.

still waiting on any liberal media person that even comes close to Rush and his charity

I'm still waiting to see how him giving to charity makes up for him being a total asswipe 24/7/365 1/4.

"Oh wait, I messed up and got facts wrong on a case where I called a woman a slut, if I give some money to charity people will forget what an asshat I am" ~Rush

Last edited:
First off, you won't gain any tax savings from charitable contributions unless you itemize deductions. And in most cases, people who don't own homes don't itemize because their standard-deduction amount $5,800 for singles or $11,600 for joint filers in 2011 ($5,950 and $11,900 in 2012) exceeds their total itemized deductions. So unless your total itemized deductions for this year, including any charitable contributions, will exceed the magic threshold, you won't get any tax benefits for your generosity. Sorry sometimes being kind can be cruel.

I'm saying for guys like Rush and Romney, none of their donations are claimed on tax returns?

I'm saying for guys like Rush and Romney, none of their donations are claimed on tax returns?

Hell yes they are.

Every penny they spend on charity winds up on a tax form, not there is anything wrong with that. But let's not pretend otherwise.

i'm still waiting to see how him giving to charity makes up for him being a total asswipe 24/7/365 1/4.

"oh wait, i messed up and got facts wrong on a case where i called a woman a slut, if i give some money to charity people will forget what an asshat i am" ~rush

she was a democrat whore to be exact...they used her for their own personal gain

although....Oprah is a pretty staunch Liberal and in the "media" , she gave close to 52 million to charities.

Back